ADVERTISEMENT

Wish there was more good news on this board. Can't wait until

Big Red Believer

Hall of Famer
Sep 4, 2001
Spring practice starts and we start getting some reports on what is going on. I am the ever optimist about IUFB. Can never understand why we are not consistently better. Have to admit that I am one of those that didn't realize how good we had it with Coach Mal. wish Hep had lived so we would have seen if his coaching aptitude matched his enthusiasm. He was a breath of fresh air.

Spoke to Suds for several minutes at the "signing day preview" last month..

looked great and said his shoulder was fine. I specifically asked him if he would be participating in spring ball and he said absolutely yes. Wouldn't it be great if IU football was the talk of the town!

+1...lol. It is tough being an IU fan these days! I won't mention that...

other sport but 29 losses in two short years is an absolute abomination.....but I digress. In real estate it is location, location and location. Here in Btown it is defense, defense and defense that we wish for. Mal, as I remember, had pretty respectable defenses. Also had a couple of stud qb's, along with Thompson, Dunbar and very good special teams (fg kicking a real strength with Stoy and others). I think Wilson and Knorr have done a good job recruiting and we should see continued improvement. Defensive line and linebackers should be able to blow some things up this year. Corners are still a concern but hoping for 3-4 players to stand out and take ownership. It will be fun for sure. Of course more fun seeing some 'w' for a change.

This team has been frustrating to watch from an injury standpoint but they still couldn't be counted out. I really enjoy the depth and mindset coach Wilson has built with this program. It doesn't feel like he took any shortcuts so the foundation is incredibly strong. There's this feeling around the team that we're really close to blowing the doors open and rushing onto the Big Ten scene to the surprise of the nation. I for one would love for this to be the year but understand it's not easy to build a strong football program because it takes a WHOLE LOT of players buying into a great system. Coach has finally got himself a full depth chart of talent and we know the offensive system is fantastic, we just need this defense to come around. Either way, this is the first year in many that I truly felt IU was a bowl "lock" and looking for big things.

Re: +1...lol. It is tough being an IU fan these days! I won't mention that...

if we can hold teams to less than 30, we can win some games.

ADVERTISEMENT