ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin is what we used to be

Was thinking the same thing. Wisconsin is always well coached and always plays hard.

Knight used to feast on undisciplined, poorly coached teams, which is now IU.

Reactions: kkott
Lander was abysmal. Has he ever played basketball?
the poor kid only gets to play in pressure situations, not sure if he has the talent or not, but if you put john stockton in his prime on the court with, bates Durr and Germino he would probably look like crap

Would you rather be Wiscy for the past 20 years or us?
That wasn’t the question or comment. It was “Wisconsin is what we used to be”. This Wisconsin so called dynasty couldn’t carry IUs historical jockstrap. So no, if it means 1 final 4 then I pass.

We have a team full of guys who are all about themselves. Taking stupid shots and trying to be the star.
Not sure I agree completely. It seemed in the last 3-4 minutes we had a bunch of guys not comfortable taking the big shot. They shot when they HAD to. Hell, even TJD didn’t seem interested in forcing the issue despite the refs tightening down on the calls to a point of cutting off circulation. Davis forced the issue and got calls against the air around him.

Not sure I agree completely. It seemed in the last 3-4 minutes we had a bunch of guys not comfortable taking the big shot. They shot when they HAD to. Hell, even TJD didn’t seem interested in forcing the issue despite the refs tightening down on the calls to a point of cutting off circulation. Davis forced the issue and got calls against the air around him.
Maybe the 4 WI guys in the paint had something to do with TJD's lack of interest?

anyone else notice the assistant coaches waved the players into the locker room and there was no handshake line
It's called "posturing". This current edition of the Hoosiers is particularly adept at it. I remember the first basket of the Northwestern game...TJD scores on a quick dunk and goes into his bent arms extended, muscle flex chicken stance like it was the final bucket of the game sealing a hard fought victory. It was the first play of the game, for Christ's sake. Are these guys so pumped up on steroids they can't calm down and make more shots

On a side note, I was at the game and having a hard time getting used to our new PA announcer. You realize how good Chuck Crabb was when you listen to someone else without that name. Maybe with experience he'll sound a little better. He's relatively new at it is my understanding and may be on an interim term basis only. I'm sure it won't be the same when "Fis(c)h" decides to jump out of the water.

That was a boisterous crowd last night...a restless one of frustration. It seemed everyone within two feet of my face smelled of alcohol. I think they knew what that final minute of play would lead to, once we lost the controversial out of bounds play that took way-too-long to decide.

As good as TJD is and as good as our free throw percentage was last night, the truth of the matter is he only made 2 of his last 4 at the line when it mattered most, at the end of the game.

Poor Galloway...that last big three point shot attempt of his was pathetic. It was launched as if by someone nervous under the bright lights of center stage. I like Galloway and hope he keeps working on his "floater" shots if he's going to continue to attempt them. They weren't anywhere near close to going in.

I was hoping Geronimo was going to be a more dependable stud this season. Does he have Bracey Wright's "slow feet" syndrome (or was it Delray Brooks?).

IU is who most of us feared they would be, not very good. Good in spurts, bad in spurts and overall, not mentally tough. It takes a special personality in a coach to be able to instill mental toughness in a distracting world.

That IU fans are hoping the transfer protocol saves us next season is not a good sign of the times. I sense us as one of the bottom feeders in another winter of discontent, minus Trace next season.

That wasn’t the question or comment. It was “Wisconsin is what we used to be”. This Wisconsin so called dynasty couldn’t carry IUs historical jockstrap. So no, if it means 1 final 4 then I pass.
Since 2000 in the NCAA tourney:
1 Runner Up
2 Final Fours (plus the runner up)
1 Elite Eight
6 Sweet Sixteens
6 2nd Round exits
4 1st around exits

Not saying that is elite but looks way better than:
1 Runner Up
3 Sweet Sixteens
4 2nd round exits
3 1st round exits

So UW has 2 more final fours, 1 more Elite Eights, 3 more Sweet Sixteens, 2 more second rounds and 3 more 1st rounds.

Indiana definitely has a ton more tradition and more pre-2000, but UW has been really consistent in this century.

Reactions: Torbin.Bequette
Since 2000 in the NCAA tourney:
1 Runner Up
2 Final Fours (plus the runner up)
1 Elite Eight
6 Sweet Sixteens
6 2nd Round exits
4 1st around exits

Not saying that is elite but looks way better than:
1 Runner Up
3 Sweet Sixteens
4 2nd round exits
3 1st round exits

So UW has 2 more final fours, 1 more Elite Eights, 3 more Sweet Sixteens, 2 more second rounds and 3 more 1st rounds.

Indiana definitely has a ton more tradition and more pre-2000, but UW has been really consistent in this century.
And it still wouldn’t be good enough for this fan base. Trust me on that. 👏

And it still wouldn’t be good enough for this fan base. Trust me on that. 👏
They don’t have the top end talent of Knight’s good teams but the being in position which leads to the free throw disparity was a staple in the way we played.
Committing stupid fouls early manifests itself into free points later in the game.
It’s frustrating.
Now we know how the rest of the league used to feel.

I would kill to have Wiscy’s past 20 years. I don’t care that some ridicule “system basketball”. Playing to late March most years would be just simply awful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT