ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin cancels football game versus Nebraska

He deserves most of that criticism... His letting Barry ignore the agreed upon SOP and make decisions about when and who his team will play is ridiculous... Now 21 days may be too long but they all agreed on it ...

You may be more up to date than me......but has the BT waived that 21 day rule? I know BA has asked for it. Has it happened?

The other thing I'm not sure about....they are said to have 6 players who have tested positive.....as I understood the BT rule. if more than 5% of sch. players tested positive, the team could not play.....if 5 of these guys are sch players, that would be 5.8%......perhaps 2 aren't sch players, I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
If there ever was a time to donate plasma, now is it.
Use plasma antibodies from fully recovered COVID patients to help save lives...while we wait on immunization.

If there ever was a time to donate plasma, now is it.
Use plasma antibodies from fully recovered COVID patients to help save lives...while we wait on immunization.
Except:

Speaking of Covid. In my county the massive spike is nursing home related. (Mostly) It got back into 2 facilities. Added about 200 cases and 10 deaths, including my wife’s 99 year old grandma, really fast. My kids have still been in school since the middle of August. 0 kids with confirmed Corona. 1 teacher so far. It’s nutty how it works.

So sorry about Grandma. This should not be.

I think he's mortally wounded in terms of being an effective commish.......the sooner he can be promoted into some NFL deputy this or that position, the better for all concerned.

Not necessarily. People are pretty forgiving by nature and while he is the face of the league he didn't bring C19 in and didn't make the three different decisions in a vacuum.

You may be more up to date than me......but has the BT waived that 21 day rule? I know BA has asked for it. Has it happened?

The other thing I'm not sure about....they are said to have 6 players who have tested positive.....as I understood the BT rule. if more than 5% of sch. players tested positive, the team could not play.....if 5 of these guys are sch players, that would be 5.8%......perhaps 2 aren't sch players, I don't know.
My thoughts were based on some article that I tripped over late at night over the past 24 hours that had them using the number 170 as a total of both coaches and players... In that case you'd need 9 guys testing positive...

I have no major problem with your numbers and won't go any further into the weeds defending mine (since I can't find the article)... At any rate..., it sure seems like Barry is remaking the rules he agreed to on the fly... I'm not even saying he's wrong (about his timeline), I'm just saying if you're part of an organization, agree to a specific protocol, and then decide to blow it up on your own, you shouldn't be considered a member in good standing... Who does he think he is , the Nebraska AD? -Wink-

Not necessarily. People are pretty forgiving by nature and while he is the face of the league he didn't bring C19 in and didn't make the three different decisions in a vacuum.

As long as he plays along with "the" o-h-i-o $tate and bows to the whims of the Great and Powerful Barry Alvarez..., he'll most likely keep his job, in my opinion... Can't say I'm even slightly impressed but I don't get a vote...

As long as he plays along with "the" o-h-i-o $tate and bows to the whims of the Great and Powerful Barry Alvarez..., he'll most likely keep his job, in my opinion... Can't say I'm even slightly impressed but I don't get a vote...

A - H

Speaking of Covid. In my county the massive spike is nursing home related. (Mostly) It got back into 2 facilities. Added about 200 cases and 10 deaths, including my wife’s 99 year old grandma, really fast. My kids have still been in school since the middle of August. 0 kids with confirmed Corona. 1 teacher so far. It’s nutty how it works.
Have a friend that works in a nursing home and she
said they were told by corporate they had to admit
known Covid positive patients. Currently they have
0 positive patients but not for long.

Have a friend that works in a nursing home and she
said they were told by corporate they had to admit
known Covid positive patients. Currently they have
0 positive patients but not for long.
This is bad news and the governor needs to change the rules. Otherwise the nursing home needs to isolate the patients with it and the workers that deal with them from the rest of the nursing home. We need to protect the elderly and people so upset about cases don't realize the healthy and young people aren't at much risk like the elderly or morbid sick people.

Reactions: 76-1 and ESalum86
I have a niece working in a nursing home in Wisconsin. Last week she was one of only four people out of 91 staff and patients that had not tested positive for C19. Then this week she tests positive. Now they are telling her she has to come in to work on Monday anyway. Things are really crazy up there!

At some point a reduced number of games played has to hurt a team. Will there be a cutoff for inclusion in the CFP and, if so, what will it be? If I'm the coach of a 10-1 P5 team with a single "good" loss, I'm not going to be happy about being passed over in favor of an 8-0 team.
While true I can tell you who all 4 teams will be in the Final 4 now. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and then either Notre Dame or Georgia (but most likely GA). It's basically the same schools every year. Having watched all 4 play, there isn't anyone better than I've seen so far, and I don't expect any Pac 10 team to be better. Bama, Clemson, and OSU are in a class by themselves. Everyone is bowl eligible this season so a 1-7 Power 5 team could very well bowl. The only real question is how will the teams be ceded? Will teams that only play a few games and are undefeated get a better bowl than that played a full slate but maybe a game or two. Since conferences split all monies, it's not a huge issue, but you can bet that just about every single power 5 team will bowl this year regardless of record because those schools bring more viewership vs the mid major programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT