ADVERTISEMENT

Winter is Here

Hell of an opening! After that, it was a little slow, but GOT always starts slow to set up the rest of the season. I hope Tyrion gets more to do this season, and I assume he will. No nudity! You?

Hell of an opening! After that, it was a little slow, but GOT always starts slow to set up the rest of the season. I hope Tyrion gets more to do this season, and I assume he will. No nudity! You?
I thought it was great, other than not understanding why Euron exists and absolutely despising the Ed Sheeran cameo. F*** that dude.

I thought it was great, other than not understanding why Euron exists and absolutely despising the Ed Sheeran cameo. F*** that dude.
Ha! I thought surely that wasn't him. Had to check Twitter sphere to make sure.

Is Euron's "priceless" gift going to be Tyrion? First thing that came to my mind when he said it. Could that potentially push Jaime over the edge to become a Queenslayer?

Felt sorry for the young dude in the love scene, hot chick like that, not much she can do for him other than cuddling.

Wow, no post episode comments? They certainly didn't waste any time.

So this obviously wouldn't be a popular ending with the masses, but what percent chance could the White Walkers Nights King end up on the iron throne?

Are you saying this because they don't have the balls to do it or it's just not plausible?

Everything is has been foreshadowed, everything, most often multiple times, either through prophecy, or dialogue, or dream, or vision, or symbolism.

Most of it has been poured over in detail by 25,000,000+ people over the last 21 years, and there is absolutely nothing concrete pointing to that as being a possibility.

If it happened it would be poorly done deux ex machina and Martin is a much better writer than that.

Will there be a twist in the ending? Most likely. Martin has called it bittersweet. But, that won't be it.

Everything is has been foreshadowed, everything, most often multiple times, either through prophecy, or dialogue, or dream, or vision, or symbolism.

Most of it has been poured over in detail by 25,000,000+ people over the last 21 years, and there is absolutely nothing concrete pointing to that as being a possibility.

If it happened it would be poorly done deux ex machina and Martin is a much better writer than that.

Will there be a twist in the ending? Most likely. Martin has called it bittersweet. But, that won't be it.

My ultimate guess (and it's just a guess, not a spoiler) is Jon sacrifices his life but not before he puts a baby in Danys belly.

Kind of a reverse Azor Ahai.

So we're bummed that Jon dies but excited that a true blood Targ king will be there when winter passes.

I don't think they'll have the corny Hollywood ending (and that's the story telling that I'm used to) but I'm assuming it would have all of the houses United (once Cersie is killed) with Jamie commanding the army, Tyrion as the hand, Sansa the queen of the North and Dany sitting on the throne with Arya something.

Many people forget how much suffering the Targaryen's gave the Starks. One burned two alive and another supposedly kidnapped, raped and killed a beloved Stark woman.

Still it's obvious that Dany is going to save the north's ass in a couple of episodes as she surprisingly comes in with a couple of dragons which will win over Jon and prove to her that the WW's exist.

I also think she loses one of her dragons to the Night King. I mean it's obvious that this season is about Dany losing a lot of her advantages (allies, dragons, ships, etc).

Anyway, I think eventually Jon sacrifices to end the war and the last scene is an old Sam writing and telling the story of the legend of Jon Snow.

I also think Greyscale had a purpose cause they are spending a lot of time on it.

Reactions: T.M.P.
My ultimate guess (and it's just a guess, not a spoiler) is Jon sacrifices his life but not before he puts a baby in Danys belly.

Kind of a reverse Azor Ahai.

So we're bummed that Jon dies but excited that a true blood Targ king will be there when winter passes.

I don't think they'll have the corny Hollywood ending (and that's the story telling that I'm used to) but I'm assuming it would have all of the houses United (once Cersie is killed) with Jamie commanding the army, Tyrion as the hand, Sansa the queen of the North and Dany sitting on the throne with Arya something.

Many people forget how much suffering the Targaryen's gave the Starks. One burned two alive and another supposedly kidnapped, raped and killed a beloved Stark woman.

Still it's obvious that Dany is going to save the north's ass in a couple of episodes as she surprisingly comes in with a couple of dragons which will win over Jon and prove to her that the WW's exist.

I also think she loses one of her dragons to the Night King. I mean it's obvious that this season is about Dany losing a lot of her advantages (allies, dragons, ships, etc).

Anyway, I think eventually Jon sacrifices to end the war and the last scene is an old Sam writing and telling the story of the legend of Jon Snow.

I also think Greyscale had a purpose cause they are spending a lot of time on it.
Everyone keeps forgetting about Bran. In both the books and the series, he's the very first POV character introduced (not counting the prologue/cold open). I think he's going to book end the series. Whatever the "bittersweet" ending is, Bran will be central to it.

I am fully on board with the epilogue proving the Sam-as-ultimate-Mary-Sue theory. I think that's definitely happening.

Reactions: TommyCracker
This post is dark and full of SPOILERS!!!

Someone please teach me how to hide my spoilers please? Don't know how.

Cersei struck 1st. Dany struck back.

I have a feeling that the newly-healed Ser Jorah Mormont is going to show up and play a big role soon.

Need to re-watch tonight. Littlefinger's scheming. The Magnificent 7 heading off to take on the white walkers. Dany offering an armistice. Sam heading to Winterfell? John petting Drogon. It was a really great episode

I liked the episode a lot too, but I gotta admit the plan is kinda moronic.

It is, but that's probably 6 of the 7 most powerful knights in Westeros (Frankenmountain is the other) who are still alive and have both arms. Gendry's from good stock too.

Not exactly sure why Dany doesn't fly over to scope it out herself (since it takes her 2 seconds to fly everyone on the TV show) or give everyone a lift. She seems sold on the whole White Walker thing being legit at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT