ADVERTISEMENT

Win Ugly. Beats losing..

I'm glad they got the win, but Maryland is awful. I only see them winning one of the next 5, with the lone win coming at Nebraska. Brutal stretch coming up. I hope I am wrong.

Well even I know with this roster..
The chances are good.. We'll get our a$$ kicked by by the upper tier..
But some games. This team could grind out a few more wins.
If healthy..imo

Gotta agree. A lot can be said, but at the end they got a solid lead with 2min to play and put it away. I can live with that.

They missed Armaan right away.

You didn't get scared at about 2 mins when we were dribbling off our D, launching passes into the 2nd row or taking ill advised threes with 25 seconds on the shot clock? Glad it worked out, but could have went very wrong.

Well even I know with this roster..
The chances are good.. We'll get our a$$ kicked by by the upper tier..
But some games. This team could grind out a few more wins.
If healthy..imo
The question is however, why should we be discussing this? I think a certain you know who, already raped university finances to celebrate wins over the mighty NW Wildcats. We got a lot to look forward to

I'm glad they got the win, but Maryland is awful. I only see them winning one of the next 5, with the lone win coming at Nebraska. Brutal stretch coming up. I hope I am wrong.
Hope we're as awful Thursday vs WI as that awful MD team. Yeah, it sucks that we're not playing better, but good grief, after a horrible first half and losing our 2nd best player, to rally and find a way to win is a positive in my book. It also put us 500 in the Big and ahead of PU. It's sad to say, but beating PU at home has become a huge game for our program and especially our coach.

Hope we're as awful Thursday vs WI as that awful MD team. Yeah, it sucks that we're not playing better, but good grief, after a horrible first half and losing our 2nd best player, to rally and find a way to win is a positive in my book. It also put us 500 in the Big and ahead of PU. It's sad to say, but beating PU at home has become a huge game for our program and especially our coach.

ya know we are playing with house money now vs Wisconsin. Got to 2-2 like we had to to salvage the season. Now go beat the ****ing badgers. Break out a bit, do something very unIU and beat Wisconsin and sweep PU. Damnit can we be good a few more times in my life.

2002 doc after the game about made me cry. Did anyone see Moye’s pants when Knight had been let go and they callled the Mike Davis Pressor to announce he was coach. Pure awesome.

Reactions: kkott
ya know we are playing with house money now vs Wisconsin. Got to 2-2 like we had to to salvage the season. Now go beat the ****ing badgers. Break out a bit, do something very unIU and beat Wisconsin and sweep PU. Damnit can we be good a few more times in my life.

2002 doc after the game about made me cry. Did anyone see Moye’s pants when Knight had been let go and they callled the Mike Davis Pressor to announce he was coach. Pure awesome.
I agree, but I think we'll need AF back to beat the Badgers. Gotta get some scoring from somewhere and also a good defender.

Reactions: Cavanagh
The Wisconsin game would be the perfect game for Leal and Lander to hit a couple shots.

While I'd like to see us take it to the Badgers, lets not kid ourselves. This team makes scoring a basket look like climbing a mountain. And Wiscy is a lights out 3 point shooting team that is no doubt looking forward to some target practice against our packline

While I'd like to see us take it to the Badgers, lets not kid ourselves. This team makes scoring a basket look like climbing a mountain. And Wiscy is a lights out 3 point shooting team that is no doubt looking forward to some target practice against our packline
The thing that scares me the most about Wisconsin is that they always have IU's number. They're tough for IU to beat for sure. IU is third in the B1G in defending the 3pt shot and holds opponents to 31% before last night's game. IU held Maryland to 28% yesterday on 25 3s so IU's stats against the 3 are going to be a little better next time they're out. IU's defense is good but Wisconsin is tough to beat. They're great shooters. They don't dominate on the boards like they usually do but average about 2 more per game than IU. IU's defense is more than good enough to win but not unless our offense kicks it up a notch.

The thing that scares me the most about Wisconsin is that they always have IU's number. They're tough for IU to beat for sure. IU is third in the B1G in defending the 3pt shot and holds opponents to 31% before last night's game. IU held Maryland to 28% yesterday on 25 3s so IU's stats against the 3 are going to be a little better next time they're out. IU's defense is good but Wisconsin is tough to beat. They're great shooters. They don't dominate on the boards like they usually do but average about 2 more per game than IU. IU's defense is more than good enough to win but not unless our offense kicks it up a notch.
That's something else I forgot that was a real positive from yesterday: rebounding. Now, MD might be the worst rebounding team in the conference, but it's something we've struggled with and we outrebounded them 43-33.

Part of any team "having our number" like WI or PU have, is that they believe they will win, and while I don't want to say we believe we'll lose; our teams sure have not believed they will win against those teams. We have the talent, even not shooting well, but we first have to believe we will win. If we do, then we have a great shot vs both those teams, imo.

That's something else I forgot that was a real positive from yesterday: rebounding. Now, MD might be the worst rebounding team in the conference, but it's something we've struggled with and we outrebounded them 43-33.

Part of any team "having our number" like WI or PU have, is that they believe they will win, and while I don't want to say we believe we'll lose; our teams sure have not believed they will win against those teams. We have the talent, even not shooting well, but we first have to believe we will win. If we do, then we have a great shot vs both those teams, imo.
Somehow Archie's teams have found a way to beat MSU but lose to Wisconsin! Also always lose the B1G tournament. I'd like to see IU start beating Wisconsin and win the B1G tournament. Soon would be good. ;)

I said earlier that 3-2 was the baseline in this 5 game stretch (PSU, MD, at Wisky, at Neb and PUke).

4 of those teams will likely finish near the cellar, including Nebraska (the cellar dweller). We have a pretty good shot at 4-1 and 5-0 isn’t impossible.

With the kohl center being as quiet as a Lowe’s movie theater, I’ll go out on a limb and say we win there on Thursday.

Last night the much maligned SR AD did his best to will us to a win. I thought he did his best to keep us from wilting at a key juncture of the game. We were much better finishing in the paint after the slow start, and he had some good drives that helped turned the tide.

Gotta agree. A lot can be said, but at the end they got a solid lead with 2min to play and put it away. I can live with that.

They missed Armaan right away.
You don't get points for beauty or artistic expression in basketball. The ONLY stat that really matters is the # of wins and it doesn't matter HOW you get the win.

Reactions: MrBing
Somehow Archie's teams have found a way to beat MSU but lose to Wisconsin! Also always lose the B1G tournament. I'd like to see IU start beating Wisconsin and win the B1G tournament. Soon would be good. ;)
I feel confident that day is coming! I'm just nit sure how soon. ;)

Reactions: MrBing

IU never beats Wisconsin in basketball. It ain’t happening now.
This is one of those games that gets out of hand quickly. Wisconsin is simply a better program these days any way you slice it.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I said earlier that 3-2 was the baseline in this 5 game stretch (PSU, MD, at Wisky, at Neb and PUke).

4 of those teams will likely finish near the cellar, including Nebraska (the cellar dweller). We have a pretty good shot at 4-1 and 5-0 isn’t impossible.

With the kohl center being as quiet as a Lowe’s movie theater, I’ll go out on a limb and say we win there on Thursday.

Last night the much maligned SR AD did his best to will us to a win. I thought he did his best to keep us from wilting at a key juncture of the game. We were much better finishing in the paint after the slow start, and he had some good drives that helped turned the tide.
Remember how Mike Davis used to talk about winning 3 of 5 etc? People blasted him because we were used to trying to win them all and believing we could do it. This isn't a slam on you, but I see exactly what you are saying. Realistically this is about right.

Remember how Mike Davis used to talk about winning 3 of 5 etc? People blasted him because we were used to trying to win them all and believing we could do it. This isn't a slam on you, but I see exactly what you are saying. Realistically this is about right.

But, I’m not the coach, VBG

I hope the team/coach has higher expectations than me!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT