ADVERTISEMENT

Win Now

agree, but CCL has some catching up to do, especially

with the Class of 2015. It looks to be a really good year in Indiana, but most if not all of the top in-state college prospects have already given verbals elsewhere than IU.

Of course, Lemo has himself partially to blame for that dilemma--he got 3 top 2015 Indiana kids to verbal to U of L. And it doesn't help when programs like Vandy, UVA and Florida State recruit the state too. But it does say a lot about the quality of Indiana high school baseball.

If H. Hart changed his commitment, does CCL have a 2014 scholarship (full or partial) left that he could use? It may be too late, but I wouldn't mind seeing him try to sign another bat--someone who could help make up for the loss of Schwarber, Travis and DeMuth.

I'm sure scholarship money is available with H Hart and ockimey not coming. 2 scenarios would likely happen. First, it's kind of late to sign an impactful HS kid. If there was an addition it would likely be a juco kid, or a graduate transfer at this time. Second scenario, the scholarship money that is available could be reallocated to multiple guys on the roster for 1 year.

Your not going to get an impactful bat at this time. We should have some good bats next year. Some
Proven guys like Donley and hartong, and some projectable young bats like sowers, crisler, and Cangelosi to name a few.

You are not going to replace a Schwarber and Travis. Guys like that don't stop by the college game very often.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

This post was edited on 7/14 1:46 PM by biglewexpress

that's what I suspected; so it'll probably be

hit-and-run, run-and-hit, hit-and-run some more in order to manufacture runs?

CCL has plenty of experience with that kind of ball, so it should be interesting. And I'm especially interested in seeing what Bunn can do with the pitching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT