ADVERTISEMENT

Wiltfong crystal ball

When does he announce his decision? He just decommitted from Georgia right?

Don’t think he was ever committed. Looks like he got a lot of big-time offers his freshman year but his recruitment slowed down recently at least according to Chad Simmons on rivals.

Injury would make sense as to why so many others backed off. Still worth the risk IMO.

I work with a number of Georgia Tech grads (Tech is also after him) who tell me he never committed, but was likely destined for any one of a number of P5 powers before an injury. Now they're playing wait and see. Both IU and GT (and others) continued to pursue him despite the injury. If he shows out this year (assuming the Georgia HS season is played) and the big guys come back around, hopefully he's the kind of kid who remembers which schools stuck with him through his recovery. He'd be a great pickup if he's recovered most or all of his speed. My Tech co-workers really hope we get him if they don't. The last thing they want to see is Georgia get any more talent.

I work with a number of Georgia Tech grads (Tech is also after him) who tell me he never committed, but was likely destined for any one of a number of P5 powers before an injury. Now they're playing wait and see. Both IU and GT (and others) continued to pursue him despite the injury. If he shows out this year (assuming the Georgia HS season is played) and the big guys come back around, hopefully he's the kind of kid who remembers which schools stuck with him through his recovery. He'd be a great pickup if he's recovered most or all of his speed. My Tech co-workers really hope we get him if they don't. The last thing they want to see is Georgia get any more talent.

I saw a story about him on a Georgia recruiting site from 8/10 predicting he will still go to GA......so apparently that offer is still there, unless they don't know much about what they're talking about.

Reactions: red hornet
The 247 information on him says that his hometown is Marietta, GA, but he plays for Westlake high school. Westlake is on the east side of Atlanta, and Marietta is in the northwest Atlanta suburbs . . .

. . . apparently he played for Marietta in the 2017 season (Rivals has pics of him in a Marietta jersey, #13), then at some point transferred to Westlake. Westlake is definitely a legit football program, with more graduates on 2005 NFL rosters than any other high school. Some notables from today's NFL who went to Westlake are Cam Newton and Pacman Jones.

And, BTW, AJ Moye went to Westlake . . . .

Marietta won the state high school championship in Georgia's highest classification last fall (AAAAAAA). Graduating from that championship team are Arik Gilbert (TE, Rivals #9, LSU) and Harrison Bailey (QB, Rivals #30, Tennessee). There was a whole bunch of talent on that team, mostly brought in from other schools to play football for an ambitious coach. I have no idea how well Jaquez would have fit with that team . . . .

BTW, it's not clear that high school football will be played in Georgia this fall. Several schools have opened for in-person classes, but quite a few of those have had to close temporarily because of coronavirus infections during the first few days of classes.

Westlake is scheduled to play against another northwest suburb school a week from tomorrow, about 20 minutes from SopeHouse. I'll have to keep my eye on that one . . . .

I saw a story about him on a Georgia recruiting site from 8/10 predicting he will still go to GA......so apparently that offer is still there, unless they don't know much about what they're talking about.
The 8/13/2020 Rivals FutureCast has him going to IU, 100%. That's all 5 analysts and publishers saying it's IU. Which is interesting because IU didn't appear in any of the prior weeks forecasting on this guy.

The 8/13/2020 Rivals FutureCast has him going to IU, 100%. That's all 5 analysts and publishers saying it's IU. Which is interesting because IU didn't appear in any of the prior weeks forecasting on this guy.

We didn’t extend an offer until last month. He was considered a lock for Georgia since his sophomore year but something in that dynamic must have changed.

We didn’t extend an offer until last month. He was considered a lock for Georgia since his sophomore year but something in that dynamic must have changed.
Could be Georgia recruited a 5 star over him. Or he doesn't like the QB. Who knows.

One thing's for sure - if he comes to IU, he's going to be given every chance for playing time. As a 4 star, he's not going to sit on the bench. He'll find out right away if he can handle it or not.

There's a lot to be said for being a big fish in a small pond.

No I do not. I do not pay much attention to local high school football since IU is not in on any of them.

I have a friend who is somewhat connected though and I will ask him.

On the whole though - they are just football factories in this area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT