ADVERTISEMENT

Will you change your presidential vote in 2020

Are you going to change your vote this fall?

• GOP 2016 and 2020

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • DEM 2016 and 2020

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • GOP 2016 DEM 2020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DEM 2016 GOP 2020

• GOP 2016. Unsure 2020

• DEM 2016 Unsure 2020

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Did not vote 2016. GOP 2020

• Did not vote 2016 DEM 2020

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
You are being asked to compare or contrast your vote in 2016 to what you think you will do in the November election. The question solely relates to your vote for president.

GOP 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012
DEM 2016, 2020

registered GOP 1980-1996
registered independent 1997-2018
registered DEM 2019-2020

My political views have stayed pretty much the same, but the GOP abandoned common sense, discarded science in favor of fundamentalist sky fairy worshipping, and fell more and more into the back pocket of big business to the detriment of middle America

I'm now a day trader (a swing trader to be exact) and the market seems to love a republican congress and a democratic president...so I have tended to vote blue for president.

I also prefer my judicial system to be progressive, which is another reason why I vote blue for president.

I like my laws to be business friendly which is why I tend to vote red for congress.

If the republicans would ever get behind someone who wasn't 1000 years old, wasn't stuck in a long lost decade, one who could shake off the evangelical and stop trying to play moral police...then I'd take notice.

Reagan, Bush, Dole, Bush Jr, McCain, Romney and Trump....jesus f christ. 4 probably had to wear depends.

Romney didn't offend me as much as the others and McCain had my ear until he brought on Palin which was his death nail (McCain seemed like a moderate pub who was respected by everyone even though he was another grandpa).

The rest...good lord.

I am 42, consider myself independent, and have voted for both Republicans and Democrats in my life. Where the Republican Party has gone in recents years has been both disappointing and alarming. Yes the Democrats have AOC and Ms Abrams from GA (forgot her 1st name?), but IMO most Dems are relatively mainstream, common sense people. The Republican party by and large has gone so far from what they used to claim they stand for, I don’t even recognize it anymore. Our country needs both parties to be strong, and to have an honest, intellectual debate about the issues we face. I have come to conclude to Republican Party needs to basically be blown up and start over. Get some sensible people leading it and get back to what they have claimed to stand for, but actually practice it instead of flapping their gums.

That said, I will be voting Dem at the Presidential level in 2020. Statewide I look at each candidate as the Democrats overall are pretty weak in Indiana where I live.

You are being asked to compare or contrast your vote in 2016 to what you think you will do in the November election. The question solely relates to your vote for president.

I am currently a registered Democrat, though party labels don't mean anything to me. I think I changed from Ind to D as my Trump protest. My first election was 2012. I have voted D on all Presidential races, local races were a mix until 2016. I now vote a straight D ticket until the R's change their tune. Religious nuttiness. Insane tax cuts. No balanced budget. If there was an AOC or Omar on the ballot, I would probably skip that race.

I'm most passionate about immigration and foreign policy. Granted, other issues are equally important. I generally consider myself to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Fiscally conservative means I want a balanced budget (prefer a surplus) and want a strong dollar. I would like to see our country transition into the 21st century economy. I oppose bailouts and our crony capitalism that only benefits the top .1%. I want to see nimble government. As soon as the pandemic was understood, that was the time to fix all bridges. I support medicare for all, though I oppose eliminating private insurance. The woke left annoys me. While I don't agree with Thomas Massie on most issues, I think we need more people like that in Congress as opposed to professional politicians. I want to see government start enforcing and toughen competition laws. Wall street is not the economy for majority of Americans. Too many are uneducated and voting against their own interests.

Sorry for the diatribe.

Edit: One more gripe about the GOP, they give lip service to illegal immigration while doing nothing on the topic. It's red meat for those who are ignorant don't dig more than an inch deep. Dems are transparent on immigration, though I disagree with most of their immigration policies.

I'm tired of the red meat politicians who throw a bunch of BS for the masses. I want technocrats.

I am currently a registered Democrat, though party labels don't mean anything to me. I think I changed from Ind to D as my Trump protest. My first election was 2012. I have voted D on all Presidential races, local races were a mix until 2016. I now vote a straight D ticket until the R's change their tune. Religious nuttiness. Insane tax cuts. No balanced budget. If there was an AOC or Omar on the ballot, I would probably skip that race.

I'm most passionate about immigration and foreign policy. Granted, other issues are equally important. I generally consider myself to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Fiscally conservative means I want a balanced budget (prefer a surplus) and want a strong dollar. I would like to see our country transition into the 21st century economy. I oppose bailouts and our crony capitalism that only benefits the top .1%. I want to see nimble government. As soon as the pandemic was understood, that was the time to fix all bridges. I support medicare for all, though I oppose eliminating private insurance. The woke left annoys me. While I don't agree with Thomas Massie on most issues, I think we need more people like that in Congress as opposed to professional politicians. I want to see government start enforcing and toughen competition laws. Wall street is not the economy for majority of Americans. Too many are uneducated and voting against their own interests.

Sorry for the diatribe.

Edit: One more gripe about the GOP, they give lip service to illegal immigration while doing nothing on the topic. It's red meat for those who are ignorant don't dig more than an inch deep. Dems are transparent on immigration, though I disagree with most of their immigration policies.

I'm tired of the red meat politicians who throw a bunch of BS for the masses. I want technocrats.
90+% of the bills that are voted on in congress are garbage.

I don’t fit. Voted in 2016 but neither Dem or GOP and may vote the same way in 2020.
For the purpose of OP's poll, you should probably count that as "Didn't vote in 2016." If you also plan to not vote in 2020 (or vote third party), then for the purposes of this poll, the correct answer is not to answer at all.

(I.e., I'm pretty sure the purpose of the poll is to see who on this forum is shifting to or away from the two main parties.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT