ADVERTISEMENT

Will the sacrifices made in this pandemic wake us up

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
to the task of tackling a much more difficult issue, one that threatens many, many more lives, and that arguably played a role here?

I am talking about changes in the economy and changes in human activity needed to ward off the most devastating consequences of rapid climate change induced by human activity.

Or do we just party on after it's over, and drill baby drill.

No. The country has not woken up. People are still not taking it seriously. The federal government is still doing its best to abdicate its responsibilities. There should be an executive order to produce hundreds of millions of masks. Remember 331 million masks is only one mask per person. Instead everybody and every county in every state is on their own. We have a president who is encouraging anarchy. He was for Georgia opening up until he was against Georgia opening up. Let’s see what he says when Georgia falls on its face over the next four weeks.

And what is Trump talking about today? Fireworks in South Dakota! Pense says this is all going to be behind us at the end of the month!

Americans are not even in agreement about wearing masks in public. Approximately 45% of Americans think Trump is doing a good job managing the pandemic. At this point the rest of the country would probably like to have him impeached again.

And the red states are the ones that will have the hardest time learning a lesson.

Last edited:
Reactions: sglowrider
to the task of tackling a much more difficult issue, one that threatens many, many more lives, and that arguably played a role here?

I am talking about changes in the economy and changes in human activity needed to ward off the most devastating consequences of rapid climate change induced by human activity.

That and access to health care SHOULD awaken the populace. But sadly, I don’t know if it will. Our kids and grand are going to absolutely hate us- rightly so, IMO.

It's cooler in Indiana this week because we are still under lockdown and there has been less human activity. So, yeah.

Reactions: Lucy01

Think about the morons walking around state capitals with assault rifles. Do you think they're ready to sacrifice for another fight that hasn't yet affected them personally?

We should be seriously thinking about:

1. UI
2. Employer tied insurance
3. UBI

We need serious, adult conversations On these issues.

Think about the morons walking around state capitals with assault rifles. Do you think they're ready to sacrifice for another fight that hasn't yet affected them personally?

EW9SzURUEAEk4ip

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT