ADVERTISEMENT

Will Ramsey stay?.....

Guess I am that stupid. So Ramsey got sacked more than Penix what does that mean?

I think it’s the same “strong arm/weak arm” argument we have had for 2 seasons now, in sack clothing, i.e. Penix gets sacked less because his velocity lets him throw it at smaller windows and more downfield, so he can and does get rid of it quicker, while Ramsey has to look for safer throws/guys who are “more” open because he can’t throw it as hard so he holds it longer and gets sacked more often.

You rightly point out that such a comparison requires considering MANY unequal factors, like play call, DL quality, DB quality, route-running, etc.

This is why I regret losing DeBoer - he seemed to just accept the different velocity and call plays that let each QB be effective and move the ball and score and win every game we “shoulda” and some we coulda lost, and also damn near beat a couple of other teams who had better overall talent (PSU, Tennessee).

Oddly, for maybe the first time in our collective IU lives, we have 2, maybe 3 QBs who could win games. Our QB cup runneth over.

Jesus man.

I posted stats from after the first 9 games. At that point of the season, both QB's attempts, yards, ratings.....ALL STATS....were virtually identical....except for one....sacks. I made no comment, but just posted the stats.

DANC chimed in with the explanation that Ramsey was sacked more because he wasn't playing with the healthy OL from the beginning of the season that Penix had.

I pointed out that that was not-determinable, or simply not true, since Ramsey was the team leader in games 2, 3, and 4. Also, Penix was the team leader in Game 9...so it wasn't like one was a star early in the season when the team was fresh, and the other later when the team was beat up. Their appearances were spread.

DANC then responded with the explanation that Ramsey's sacks were against better teams.

I then showed that on average, Penix faced slightly better defenses, and was still sacked much less. In the games they both played equally, Ramsey was sacked 3 times, Penix 0.

I even said OSU was a statistical outlier, but it is what it is. Penix had his best game, and one of the best all-time for a Freshman, against a top 20 defense.

I merely showed stats.

DANC then started assuming I preferred Penix or something and was making up stats (I wasn't).

He also referred to Penix as "Penis" either as a poor joke, or an innocent mistake apparently dictated by his autocorrect, maybe deferring to his Google search preferences? He then corrected his gaffe, and accused me of having a concussion simply because his autocorrect recognizes he searches/types "Penis" quite a bit.

Maybe he's a urologist or something?

Follow now?
"I then showed that on average, Penix faced slightly better defenses"

You showed no such thing. Please tell me you're joking when you claim O$U, PSU, Michigan, and Tennessee - all games Penix did not play in - are worse defenses than those faced by Penix.

I mistakenly misspelled Penix's name. I apologize to him for it, but your making a big deal out of it is just childish - but it's what you do.

"I then showed that on average, Penix faced slightly better defenses"

You showed no such thing. Please tell me you're joking when you claim O$U, PSU, Michigan, and Tennessee - all games Penix did not play in - are worse defenses than those faced by Penix.

I mistakenly misspelled Penix's name. I apologize to him for it, but your making a big deal out of it is just childish - but it's what you do.

PSU, Michigan, and Tennessee weren't included in my stats...purposely....clearly. It's not fair to Ramsey to include them. The 9 games before/when Penix went down were used as a barometer, because at that point, their stats were nearly identical....except for one...and that was my point. That is clear to everyone here except for you and the gym teacher.

I take that back...it's not clear to the gym teacher....but he teaches gym, so understandable.

You know precisely that my stats are valid....and my claim was/is simple...

against like opponents with random appearances throughout the first 9 games, with virtually the same number of attempts, yards, stats, EVERYTHING...Mike got sacked once, Peyton got sacked 11 times. That's it. That is a fact. You can dispute what that means all you want, or why...take that up with someone that's interested in arguing "why?"...but those facts are pretty static (unless someone can develop a play by play, "OL quality by personnel/play" measurable)...it's what we have.

I now see your purpose here. Instead of owning up with a simple "my bad, autocorrect", you play your gaffe off as the mistake of others in an effort to discredit them. You didn't apologize. You edited your initial comment when I (erroneously, I guess) called you out for referring to Mike as "Penis", and then tried to play your gaffe off as my insanity?

Just take the loss like a man....you know....like guys who don't have a problem with their smartphone predicting "Penis" all the time do.

You'll gain some respectability back.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
Bottom line is his Dad, who believes his kid was jerked around this fall and will not let it happen again. I say he leaves

If his dad is smart, which he seems to be, and looks back at the season (not just fall camp) his son played a ton, is now revered in IU history, lauded for his loyalty and perseverance and played in a big bowl game.

how in heck would he be mad at Allen who couldn’t say enough good things about Peyton?

I call BS on this “his dad is pissed” theory.

He also referred to Penix as "Penis" either as a poor joke, or an innocent mistake apparently dictated by his autocorrect, maybe deferring to his Google search preferences? He then corrected his gaffe, and accused me of having a concussion simply because his autocorrect recognizes he searches/types "Penis" quite a bit.

giphy.gif

PSU, Michigan, and Tennessee weren't included in my stats...purposely....clearly. It's not fair to Ramsey to include them. The 9 games before/when Penix went down were used as a barometer, because at that point, their stats were nearly identical....except for one...and that was my point. That is clear to everyone here except for you and the gym teacher.

I take that back...it's not clear to the gym teacher....but he teaches gym, so understandable.

against like opponents with random appearances throughout the first 9 games, with virtually the same number of attempts, yards, stats, EVERYTHING...Mike got sacked once, Peyton got sacked 11 times. That's it. That is a fact. You can dispute what that means all you want, or why...take that up with someone that's interested in arguing "why?"...but those facts are pretty static (unless someone can develop a play by play, "OL quality by personnel/play" measurable)...it's what we have.

I now see your purpose here. Instead of owning up with a simple "my bad, autocorrect", you play your gaffe off as the mistake of others in an effort to discredit them. You didn't apologize. You edited your initial comment when I (erroneously, I guess) called you out for referring to Mike as "Penis", and then tried to play your gaffe off as my insanity?

Just take the loss like a man....you know....like guys who don't have a problem with their smartphone predicting "Penis" all the time do.

I didn't change my post, so that's a lie. Go back and look and the spelling is still the same. Your titillation in discussing peen is obvious.

BSU - Penix 326 yards, 1 TD (0 sacks)
EIU - Ramsey 226 yards 2TDs (0 sacks); Penix 197, 2TDs (0 sacks)
O$U - Ramsey 162 yards, 0TDs (5 sacks)
UCONN - Ramsey 247 yards, 3TDs (1 sack)
MSU - Penix 286 yards, 3TDs (1 sack)
Rutgers - Penix 282 yards, 3TDs (0 sacks); Ramsey 15 yards, 0TDS (0 sacks)
Maryland - Penix 193 yards, 1TD; (0 sacks); Ramsey 141, 1TD (1 sack)
Nebraska - Ramsey 351, 2TDs (2 sacks)
Northwestern - Penix - 162 yards, 0TDs; Ramsey 108, 1TD (2 sacks)

Here are the first 9 games. Since you're being fair to Ramsey, should you compare the Northwestern numbers, since Ramsey played more minutes?
In the interest of being fair, should you compare the Maryland game, when Ramsey played more minutes and had to pull our fat out of the fire?

Your faux interest in being 'fair' is another lie.

Reactions: vesuvius13
HE HOLDS THE BALL TOO LONG.

Are we still having an arm strength discussion after that shot putt pass on 3rd down before the last missed pass to Whop on 4th down?

The discussion is about sacks. Or, at least was, until you tried to introduce some other stat to support your narrative. Ramsey passed for 162 yards in game 3 - not sure what you're talking about.

One thing you can't refute is that the OLine when Ramsey played was not the same OLine that started the year. And if you think the OLine protected Ramsey well against Nebraska, Michigan, and Tennessee, you're watching different games than I did.

It's really kind of a joke that anyone compares Ramsey and Penis in terms of sacks when Ramsey played against far better competition. Everyone who uses that argument conveniently leaves that part out.

But just to review:

PSU - Ramsey 371, 1TD (2 sacks)
Michigan - Ramsey 217 yards, 0TD (3 sacks)
Purdue - 337 yards, 3TDs (5 sacks)
Tennessee - 227 yards, 0TDs (4 sacks)

So, 9 sacks in the last 2 games. 12 sacks in the last 3.

Please explain why anyone would think the OLine improved during the year. I'm not seeing it.

I didn't change my post, so that's a lie. Go back and look and the spelling is still the same. Your titillation in discussing peen is obvious.

Here are the first 9 games. Since you're being fair to Ramsey, should you compare the Northwestern numbers, since Ramsey played more minutes?
In the interest of being fair, should you compare the Maryland game, when Ramsey played more minutes and had to pull our fat out of the fire?

Your faux interest in being 'fair' is another lie.

Well, looking at his response, that didn't work.

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs and there is no peace". Proverbs 29:9

Don't forget the 2nd down floater. Complete that pass and we win the game.
This entire thread is mostly a juvenile dick-measuring contest. I refuse to have a dong in that fight (pun intended). But anyone suggesting that anything about Peyton Ramsey's play in the Gator Bowl was a contributing factor in that loss is either desperate to prove a point or just stupid. I won't presume to know which but either way it is pathetic. The plays he made that put us in a position to win were greater than any deficiencies or limitations by a factor of 100 (at least).

If you aren't convincing someone who has a difference of opinion, it's better to let it go than to say something ignorant in a desperate attempt to win a war of words. Anyone who watched that last drive either in-person (as I did) or on tv knows that Ramsey's individual effort is the only thing that gave us any chance to win that game.

This entire thread is mostly a juvenile dick-measuring contest. I refuse to have a dong in that fight (pun intended). But anyone suggesting that anything about Peyton Ramsey's play in the Gator Bowl was a contributing factor in that loss is either desperate to prove a point or just stupid. I won't presume to know which but either way it is pathetic. The plays he made that put us in a position to win were greater than any deficiencies or limitations by a factor of 100 (at least).

If you aren't convincing someone who has a difference of opinion, it's better to let it go than to say something ignorant in a desperate attempt to win a war of words. Anyone who watched that last drive either in-person (as I did) or on tv knows that Ramsey's individual effort is the only thing that gave us any chance to win that game.

I was responding to Tegray's post about the 3rd down throw Imo, the 2nd down throw was the lost opportunity. Make that throw and we win the game.

I never said Ramsey did not play efficiently and courageously throughout the game, and do not need a lecture from you.

Comes from a pretty good source
If his dad is smart, which he seems to be, and looks back at the season (not just fall camp) his son played a ton, is now revered in IU history, lauded for his loyalty and perseverance and played in a big bowl game.

how in heck would he be mad at Allen who couldn’t say enough good things about Peyton?

I call BS on this “his dad is pissed” theory.

Jesus man.

I posted stats from after the first 9 games. At that point of the season, both QB's attempts, yards, ratings.....ALL STATS....were virtually identical....except for one....sacks. I made no comment, but just posted the stats.

DANC chimed in with the explanation that Ramsey was sacked more because he wasn't playing with the healthy OL from the beginning of the season that Penix had.

I pointed out that that was not-determinable, or simply not true, since Ramsey was the team leader in games 2, 3, and 4. Also, Penix was the team leader in Game 9...so it wasn't like one was a star early in the season when the team was fresh, and the other later when the team was beat up. Their appearances were spread.

DANC then responded with the explanation that Ramsey's sacks were against better teams.

I then showed that on average, Penix faced slightly better defenses, and was still sacked much less. In the games they both played equally, Ramsey was sacked 3 times, Penix 0.

I even said OSU was a statistical outlier, but it is what it is. Penix had his best game, and one of the best all-time for a Freshman, against a top 20 defense.

I merely showed stats.

DANC then started assuming I preferred Penix or something and was making up stats (I wasn't).

Follow now?

Mic drop right there.

Maybe you can tell us all about Penix's "shoulder" injury again.

You kept saying clavicle, so don't act like you're a Dr. either. You've been shown to be a fraud in this thread anyway. I'd lay low for a bit if I looked that stupid, but we know you won't.

You kept saying clavicle, so don't act like you're a Dr. either. You've been shown to be a fraud in this thread anyway. I'd lay low for a bit if I looked that stupid, but we know you won't.
It's part of the clavicle.

You also called me names for saying it wasn't a shoulder injury, and I proved you wrong. I'm not a doctor - but I know to look it up and see what it actually is.

The only fraud here is you and your fellow trolls. You're a know-nothing who tries to ridicule those who can read. You've heard something on the internet, so it must be true.

But keep digging that hole.

It's part of the clavicle.

You also called me names for saying it wasn't a shoulder injury, and I proved you wrong. I'm not a doctor - but I know to look it up and see what it actually is.

The only fraud here is you and your fellow trolls. You're a know-nothing who tries to ridicule those who can read. You've heard something on the internet, so it must be true.

But keep digging that hole.

Seriously with this shit? I know plenty about football and IU. I played in college and would work out with the IU team in the summer. You kept calling it a clavicle, so don't act like you knew what was going on either. We were both wrong. It was "channi" that actually knew what it was and he corrected us both. Here's what he said: "You are wrong also. The sternoclavicular joint connects the sternum, the breastbone, to the clavicle, the collarbone."

You got owned on here and can't handle it. I get it. It's tough to have to eat crow. I admitted I was wrong, but you're doubling down on being a jackass.

I’m sure the same people harping on Ramsey’s ‘inefficiencies’ will also bitch if he decides to leave.
The kid has done nothing but play his ass off for 3 years,yet all we hear about is holding the ball too long,no arm strength blah blah.
I wouldn’t blame the kid if he did leave.

Reactions: DANC
I’m sure the same people harping on Ramsey’s ‘inefficiencies’ will also bitch if he decides to leave.
The kid has done nothing but play his ass off for 3 years,yet all we hear about is holding the ball too long,no arm strength blah blah.

I doubt many on here will criticize him if he decides to leave.

And if he decides to leave, he will do so because of pt, the coaching staff, his view of our prospects next year, his view of the prospects of other teams he might consider, and his professional ambitions, whether playing or coaching.

It won't have anything to do with anything written on this forum. No need to be a drama queen.

Seriously with this shit? I know plenty about football and IU. I played in college and would work out with the IU team in the summer. You kept calling it a clavicle, so don't act like you knew what was going on either. We were both wrong. It was "channi" that actually knew what it was and he corrected us both. Here's what he said: "You are wrong also. The sternoclavicular joint connects the sternum, the breastbone, to the clavicle, the collarbone."

You got owned on here and can't handle it. I get it. It's tough to have to eat crow. I admitted I was wrong, but you're doubling down on being a jackass.
Oh, you played college football? Well, aren't you special!

The headline stated it was a clavicle injury and I copied and posted it. Then I posted another article - before channi post his - that described it and even showed a picture, proving you wrong. He corrected you, not me, because I'd already posted the explanation

You, of course, ignored it until I brought it up again because you were ashamed you ran your mouth when you didn't have a clue.

Once IU football becomes successful, everyone is an expert. Just like those who said Mallory lost it. Of course, they don't remember than ARE committed to IU under Mallory and he would have built the program back up.

Why the disrespect for the one guy who is responsible for taking us to a bowl, I have no idea. If he's sacked, it's his fault - not an OLine ravaged by injuries. Penix can do no wrong, yet he can't stay healthy. He had a very good game against what turned out to be a mediocre MSU team. Yay.

You just have to shake your head.

Oh, you played college football? Well, aren't you special!

The headline stated it was a clavicle injury and I copied and posted it. Then I posted another article - before channi post his - that described it and even showed a picture, proving you wrong. He corrected you, not me, because I'd already posted the explanation

You, of course, ignored it until I brought it up again because you were ashamed you ran your mouth when you didn't have a clue.

You called it a clavicle repeatedly. channi called out and corrected both of us for being wrong. The posts are still there where you called it a clavicle multiple times. I said shoulder one time, and then correctly called it the sternoclavicular joint every other post. I thought that it connected the clavicle to the shoulder, and not the breastbone to the clavicle. It's not like I said it was his foot or something. I also admitted I was wrong in this thread, but you can't seem to let it go. Clearly I'm not ashamed of anything.

You then typed in Penis instead of Penix, while you got owned by multiple posters about Ramsey vs Penix regarding sack numbers. This has been an embarrassing display from you on here, but you seem to be a glutton for punishment and you keep coming back for more.

And yes, playing football on scholarship in college was pretty special. Getting to workout underneath Memorial Stadium with the IU team in the summertime was pretty special. Meeting Coach Mallory and having him tell me that I was doing the agility drills better than his players was pretty special. PLaying 7 on 7 with those guys was pretty effin special. Winning the 5A state championship in 1993 was also pretty special.

I know football. I've been on this board for nearly 20 years and most posters realize I know what I'm talking about on here. I got the ban hammer for calling IUScott some dirty names and had to start a new account and that's why it doesn't state how long I've really been here. You can keep trying to act like the resident expert, but we all see right through you bub.

You called it a clavicle repeatedly. channi called out and corrected both of us for being wrong. The posts are still there where you called it a clavicle multiple times. I said shoulder one time, and then correctly called it the sternoclavicular joint every other post. I thought that it connected the clavicle to the shoulder, and not the breastbone to the clavicle. It's not like I said it was his foot or something. I also admitted I was wrong in this thread, but you can't seem to let it go. Clearly I'm not ashamed of anything.

You then typed in Penis instead of Penix, while you got owned by multiple posters about Ramsey vs Penix regarding sack numbers. This has been an embarrassing display from you on here, but you seem to be a glutton for punishment and you keep coming back for more.

And yes, playing football on scholarship in college was pretty special. Getting to workout underneath Memorial Stadium with the IU team in the summertime was pretty special. Meeting Coach Mallory and having him tell me that I was doing the agility drills better than his players was pretty special. PLaying 7 on 7 with those guys was pretty effin special. Winning the 5A state championship in 1993 was also pretty special.

I know football. I've been on this board for nearly 20 years and most posters realize I know what I'm talking about on here. I got the ban hammer for calling IUScott some dirty names and had to start a new account and that's why it doesn't state how long I've really been here. You can keep trying to act like the resident expert, but we all see right through you bub.
This started when I said it wasn't a shoulder injury. A simple - correct - statement.

You then jumped in, saying I didn't know what I was talking about and acting like I was ignorant for saying that.

Turns out I was right - it wasn't a shoulder injury. Only you wouldn't admit it and kept saying that the joint was part of the shoulder. It's not. I showed you the evidence before channi ever made his post. You're wrong and didn't admit it then and you won't admit it now.

I never claimed to be an expert on anything. It's a message board and I have an opinion. Good for you that you got to work out with IU. I'm sure everyone saw you for the fan boy you are and were amused to have you around.

So you admit you can't control your temper and that's what got you banned. Looks like some things haven't changed. My advice is to lay off the 'roids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT