ADVERTISEMENT

Will Ramsey stay?.....

Tuttle will have to play if he gets hurt.

QUOTE="CC Mac, post: 2829443, member: 3334"]I have very little confidence that he won’t get hurt again and I hate to say that.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: BayernFan
Anyone see a chance that Penix leaves and Ramsey stays?

It seems to me that CTA has always been 'fonder' of PR than of MP. Because of that, and because this is IU football we're talking about, I could definitely see that happening.

If Ramsey didn't leave this fall after losing the initial competition for Quarterback, why would he want to leave now? He will get time whether Penix is healthy or not. Yes, he will have a new OC, but he is comfortable in the situation. The grass isn't always greener, and if you come into another program as the perceived savior, the fans will turn on you very quickly if you don't have immediate success.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It seems to me that CTA has always been 'fonder' of PR than of MP. Because of that, and because this is IU football we're talking about, I could definitely see that happening.

You become fond of a guy when your starting 4-star cannot hold up for more than half a year. He was so fond of Peyton that he started Penix this season.

I REALLY, REALLY HOPE HE STAYS!!! We desperately need Rambo! Penix is an awesome talent, but I know in my heart that he's injury prone.

I think Ramsey follows Deboer to Fresno. Hope not but wouldn’t surprise me given the staff’s QB decision in August.

GO HOOSIERS!!

I think Ramsey follows Deboer to Fresno. Hope not but wouldn’t surprise me given the staff’s QB decision in August.

GO HOOSIERS!!

Ramsey isn’t going out to California if he transfers. That could be like a Joe Morehead experimental failure a la Tommy Stevens.

If Ramsey didn't leave this fall after losing the initial competition for Quarterback, why would he want to leave now? He will get time whether Penix is healthy or not. Yes, he will have a new OC, but he is comfortable in the situation. The grass isn't always greener, and if you come into another program as the perceived savior, the fans will turn on you very quickly if you don't have immediate success.
Because 1) he has seen how good MP really is 2) unlike last fall, he would be eligible to play immediately. Hope he stays.

I always thought it was the other way around. Penix’s reputation somehow managed to precede him. We were all pulling for him, due to perceived limitations in Ramsey’s game. Thank God for Peyton Ramsey. Having both of them healthy and available is a luxury few schools ever see, especially one of IU pedigree.

Penix is a "hurt guy" one that for whatever reason keeps getting injured. There are players like that at all levels and all sports and unfortunately he appears to be one of the them. We will need Ramsey

Reactions: iulb and CC Mac
Penix is a "hurt guy" one that for whatever reason keeps getting injured. There are players like that at all levels and all sports and unfortunately he appears to be one of the them. We will need Ramsey
Yes, that's the bad news, it seems. The good news is that it is still early enough in Penix's college career to undo all this thought of such poppycock.

Mike Penix is a very talented player who is an obvious asset to this team. But think about the number of times Peyton had someone in his face as soon as he received the snap in the first half and the number of really hard hits he took from some very big guys. How many think Mike would have finished the game based on his injury history? I think Ramsey has to be beaten out as the starting QB next year and he will be a tough out. He is the main reason we were in that game and I would respectfully disagree that Mike would have made a difference in the outcome. If those who have a recording of the game watch how they really covered our receivers. Ramsey did the best he could with that coverage and pass rush. Good things ahead for both players and I think both remain at IU next year.

PR is one of the grittiest players to ever play for IU and has earned my respect and thanks for wearing an IU uniform. If he decides to transfer I truly wish him success and I'll have no bad feelings for him....actually I wouldn't blame him at all. Having said that if I'm coaching IU MP is my qb next year. PR has the "it factor" but the arm strength and quick release puts MP ahead and it's not close imo.
I think it's selfish to ask PR to stay so we can have a better backup, if he wants to be a starter he should move on.

I think that after all the games he basically won single-handedly for us, he deserves the job going into the off-season. Then you have camp and see who emerges. Also, coach shouldn't rule out using two QBs, as he announced last year. Next, Peyton could enter the transfer portal and gauge interest and see if there's a good fit for him. I think he would want to stay at IU, but it depends if he has notions of playing in the NFL. Before you say he doesn't have the ability, think about what he could do if he weren't running for his life every other down. Lastly, he is the type of player who has gotten more mature and charismatic over time. Don't rule out that he could play in the NFL.

With Ramsey gone and giving the reigns to Penix, there is a very good chance... close to certainty, that we are putting next season on Tuttle. I prefer to stick with what we know will work. Get Penix some packages so he gets playing time but keep Ramsey #1. Then Penix in 2021.

Reactions: RedHeart
It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Presumably Penix won't be full-go for spring ball, so Ramsey and Tuttle will get the reps there. That also means unless there's an internal promotion, the new OC won't have a chance to evaluate Penix vs Ramsey vs Tuttle from field level. So that means the real QB competition happens in fall camp. Does PR hang around to compete for the starting job one more time or does he look for greener pastures before the end of the school year?

It's also interesting that if PR stays he will have had four OCs in five years - Penix will have three in three years.

If Ramsey leaves, when would we find out?
I would think he would decide within the next 2 weeks.
Needs to see his options concerning other schools before making a decision I would assume.
I’m sure he’s already been contacted by others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT