ADVERTISEMENT

Will Painter get the big one today?

Peegs used to report that every basketball recruit they missed on they were the second choice, It became a joke on Gold and Black. That's why..

Right. Where'd you guys finish for Brendan Dawson?

Or do you want to blame that on peegs too?

This and of course the 625,000 Kaintucky fans who claim to have been in TAH the day of the Wat Shot being spat upon, hit with tire irons and held down while being burned with lit cigarettes.

Held down? They were nailed down.

Rusty nails too.

Yeah, as I said above, there's definitely something to be said for Cal's 5-star OAD strategy. And there's no question he's been highly successful with it.

But there's also something to be said for the other way -- and you're flat wrong that it "doesn't exist in reality." Let's not forget that Jay Wright has more national championship rings than John Calipari does. And neither one of his NC teams had any OADs. Brunson was a legit 5-star. But he stayed 3 years and played on both teams.

Tony Bennett's NC team likewise didn't have any OADs. Kyle Guy was a Top 30 5-star, but he also played 3 years.
Rivals had Guy 43 4 star, don't think he was a 5 star on any listing I saw. Top 30-50. Which I think is important when the discussion relates to OAD 5 stars.

Rivals had Guy 43 4 star, don't think he was a 5 star on any listing I saw. Top 30-50. Which I think is important when the discussion relates to OAD 5 stars.

I got this from Wikipedia. Not sure if it’s right or not, but they said he was a unanimous 5-star from Rivals, ESPN, 247, and Scout.

SI13c6d.jpg

I got this from Wikipedia. Not sure if it’s right or not, but they said he was a unanimous 5-star from Rivals, ESPN, 247, and Scout.

SI13c6d.jpg
Never use wiki as a source. Everyone knows that.

247 had him as a 4
247 composite had him as a 4. Link

Rivals had him as a 4. Link

ESPN had him as a 5.

and the 37 ranking on scout implies 4.

So he was a 4.25.

ADVERTISEMENT