ADVERTISEMENT

Will Democrats accept a Republican win?

Will White Nationalists accept a Democratic win? They really haven't since 1865. What will it take for the casual White Nationalist on here to say "yeah we lost"?
That’s an easy answer, there is not any White Nationalit’s on the Cooler!

Reactions: ribbont
They really haven't since 1984. What would it it take for the casual dem on here to say "yeah we lost"?

Acceptance Denial

The article is weak sauce, claiming to make the case that Democrats haven't recognized the legitimacy of Republican presidents because they've cited reasons, mostly obscure and soon overlooked by most Democrats, why the GOP candidate won.

It's like saying IU fans don't accept that Duke beat IU in 1992 because Ted Valentine decided that was the time he was going to make a name for himself as an official. We didn't like it, but we didn't show up to play in the next game.

The article is weak sauce, claiming to make the case that Democrats haven't recognized the legitimacy of Republican presidents because they've cited reasons, mostly obscure and soon overlooked by most Democrats, why the GOP candidate won.

It's like saying IU fans don't accept that Duke beat IU in 1992 because Ted Valentine decided that was the time he was going to make a name for himself as an official. We didn't like it, but we didn't show up to play in the next game.
Thanks a lot for mentioning Ted Valentine, you just ruined my weekend!

They really haven't since 1984. What would it it take for the casual dem on here to say "yeah we lost"?

Acceptance Denial
In this conversation, 'accepting' an election is relative. In the past examples they gave, Democrats might have pushed back or even challenged the results, but in literally every US presidential election the loser has eventually conceded.

What's being talked about now is Trump trying to delegitimize the electoral process to the point that he'll be able potentially stay in office should he lose the election. I'm not saying Trump won't eventually do what's good for the country/democracy should he lose, but I do believe he'd do it kicking and screaming.

Should he win, I doubt Joe Biden has a letter in the Resolute Desk waiting for him.

Acceptance Denial
Who didn't accept Trump winning in 2016? Hillary Clinton ran a terrible campaign. Not only was she a terrible candidate but the Democratic party leadership been over backwards to help her get the nomination. Hillary Clinton was the least-liked candidate other than Donald Trump.

Joe Biden is a terrible canidate. He's getting this opportunity because of Obama's coattails. Same thing with Hillary Clinton getting her shot because of her husband's coattails.
Republican shoot themselves in the foot too. Running Bob Dole for president. Running John McCain along with Sarah Palin. How stupid was that? In my mind it's about as stupid as running Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

Fortunately., this time around Trump hast o run on his record. He can rightly claimed that he stacked the federal courts and the Supreme Court with conservative judges. Other than that he has reneged on every promise that he made.

Acceptance Denial

How do you figure? Repubs groaned about Obama winning his election. Militias expanded across the country cause they couldn't stand a president of color.

At least Dems have a reason to groan when Trump and Bush won election because they didn't even win popular vote. You should be thankful there is an electoral college.

I have yet to see a democrat president not be willing to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses re-election. But of course you have to make up crap to try to make it appear normal.

Last edited:
Former IU President Adam Herbert was also involved with Bush. He actually headed up Gov-elect Jeb Bush's transition team in 1998.
Legendary Indianapolis figure Rexford Early was Indiana's Trump point man in 2016.

Florida 2000 I accepted even though that was a mess and it all depends on what votes got counted as to who won. Rove did a great job building a machine in Florida to get mail-in ballots which is probably the secret to the Florida panhandle netting so many votes (even though that is a very GOP area anyway).

2004 was a fairly close Bush win. Pretty dirty campaigning but a legitimate win. I never bought the conspiracy theory that touchscreens were changing votes to Bush in Ohio.

2016 Trump squeaked by due to Russian Hacking (getting the DNC e-mails to drip-feed out) and Comey, in addition to Hillary being very hated/disliked and running a mediocre campaign against Trump.

If you take away any one of those 4 things Clinton wins.

Florida 2000 I accepted even though that was a mess and it all depends on what votes got counted as to who won. Rove did a great job building a machine in Florida to get mail-in ballots which is probably the secret to the Florida panhandle netting so many votes (even though that is a very GOP area anyway).

2004 was a fairly close Bush win. Pretty dirty campaigning but a legitimate win. I never bought the conspiracy theory that touchscreens were changing votes to Bush in Ohio.

2016 Trump squeaked by due to Russian Hacking (getting the DNC e-mails to drip-feed out) and Comey, in addition to Hillary being very hated/disliked and running a mediocre campaign against Trump.

If you take away any one of those 4 things Clinton wins.

Neither party has a history of being good losers and that will show up yet again in November when the Pubs melt down.

The biggest gaffe Clinton made in 2016 (among several) was the "deplorables" faux pas. It is still used as a rally cry today.

I never fully understood why the “Deplorables” comment was so damaging. In a vast sea of comments made in a heated political climate, an insult of that sort which has since been eclipsed 1000x over by trump himself shouldve just skated on nearly unnoticed, or left a mystery to many who had heard the word only for the first time in their lives. She should’ve just owned it.

I never fully understood why the “Deplorables” comment was so damaging. In a vast sea of comments made in a heated political climate, an insult of that sort which has since been eclipsed 1000x over by trump himself shouldve just skated on nearly unnoticed, or left a mystery to many who had heard the word only for the first time in their lives. She should’ve just owned it.
It was idiotic. No matter what, you don't denigrate the voters. If you bad mouth the fat girls, you're going to be lonely at closing time.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

You can insult all the people half the time, but you can’t insult half the people all of the time.

One is the lesser of two weevils.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT