ADVERTISEMENT

Will Big Ten teams play 8 games or will B1G trend like other P5s?

cidsports

Benchwarmer
Nov 8, 2001

The Big 12 and ACC are certainly finding it tough week in and week out, with Notre Dame being the latest.

Will the SEC and/or Big Ten have a better road in 2020?

Hopefully, for the Big Ten, at least.

Reactions: vesuvius13
im saying 8 only because the big ten is the only conference testing daily which could help prevent spread by immediately quarantining the day someone tests positive
I hope you are right about the result of having daily testing but some teams lack the discipline to avoid being in situations that can give them the virus. I hope all the teams stay clean this fall and the season goes well.

Rapid testing will help us tremendously. Don’t understand why others aren’t following as well. Indiana’s campus is going to literally empty out mid November As well. That will help tremendously.

We are in such uncharted Territory that it is impossible to predict what will happen. The one thing I do know is that the Big Ten is starting it's Season so late that you don't have any room for adjustment. If a game or series of games need to be postponed, you don't have the luxury of playing those games at the end of the Season before the start of Bowl Games. Playing a game after the Bowl Game Matches are set would be meaningless.

Prediction: Rutgers has COVID cases, cancels Week 2 game with Indiana and IU fans go berserk.

• Haha
Reactions: TMFT
I know there is a system and verification to the testing numbers. However suppose Teams found a way around that and could report Higher numbers. Let's say every team that is scheduled to play Ohio State suddenly develops high numbers the week before they are Scheduled to play and has to postpone. Suppose OSU gets to the end of the season with a 0-0 Record. How does anyone have a basis to rate them in the BCS or Bowl Hierarchy?

I know there is a system and verification to the testing numbers. However suppose Teams found a way around that and could report Higher numbers. Let's say every team that is scheduled to play Ohio State suddenly develops high numbers the week before they are Scheduled to play and has to postpone. Suppose OSU gets to the end of the season with a 0-0 Record. How does anyone have a basis to rate them in the BCS or Bowl Hierarchy?
That is the single most petty thing I could conceive of a collection of college sports program doing to another.

AND. I. FREAKING. WANT. TO SEE IT.

Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
That is the single most petty thing I could conceive of a collection of college sports program doing to another.

AND. I. FREAKING. WANT. TO SEE IT.
I don't want to see programs be cowards and do this, I prefer teams, a couple at least, beat them on the field.

Reactions: ESalum86
I don't want to see programs be cowards and do this, I prefer teams, a couple at least, beat them on the field.
Lighten up man. No one is going to be ducking games out of cowardice. And there's not going to be any B1G conspiracy to deprive OSU of its season with the 'ol Blue Flu. Obviously.

But just try to imagine the entirety of Buckeye Nations' heads exploding if their team couldn't on the field through a whole season and doesn't get to qualify for any postseason. It would be tremendous.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC

The Big 12 and ACC are certainly finding it tough week in and week out, with Notre Dame being the latest.

Will the SEC and/or Big Ten have a better road in 2020?

Hopefully, for the Big Ten, at least.
I'd think about making two rules changes: (1) every team must cancel a game if they can't field a team in whole or in part because of COVID, and (2) any team that cancels a game because of (1) must forfeit the game cancelled.

The reason for these rules is to provide an addtional incentive for teams to keep COVID under control.

I'd think about making two rules changes: (1) every team must cancel a game if they can't field a team in whole or in part because of COVID, and (2) any team that cancels a game because of (1) must forfeit the game cancelled.

The reason for these rules is to provide an addtional incentive for teams to keep COVID under control.
I would just add in what percentage of the team must miss to forfeit a game.

see

Or more incentive to have players playing with it.

We should have revisited this theory weeks ago.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT