ADVERTISEMENT

Wilkes comments

Proving my point exactly. Thank you.
In other words, you don't have any facts to back up your position, something you've already been admonished for in this thread. This seems to be a habit of yours and a number of your fellow travelers.

In other words, you don't have any facts to back up your position, something you've already been admonished for in this thread. This seems to be a habit of yours and a number of your fellow travelers.
You whiffed on the line from Hoosiers about cheering for who we are and not who we are not. Hopefully you understand the saying no use crying over spilt milk. When I make these references you tie the flavor of the milk into a problem with the IU coach.

My point was don't worry about the players who don't come to IU. Its foolish and wasting time.

Reactions: echs86
The big picture is he's considering IU and has a visit coming up. The details are he has some concerns which are the quotes which this thread is about.
The other way around doesn't make sense. No matter how much one likes IU, 4th grade, Sean/Scott May whatever, if he didn't like the coach, he would not even consider. Are you saying he's contemplating whether he wants to play for a coach he doesn't trust? Of course not.

You whiffed on the line from Hoosiers about cheering for who we are and not who we are not. Hopefully you understand the saying no use crying over spilt milk. When I make these references you tie the flavor of the milk into a problem with the IU coach.

My point was don't worry about the players who don't come to IU. Its foolish and wasting time.
My point stands and is confirmed with each of your posts. At least you're consistent.

My point stands and is confirmed with each of your posts. At least you're consistent.
There we agree. Confirmed by your posts: You want to point out any negative about the IU coach you can. You want to blame him for IU not winning a NC since 1987. You think you are owed a NC for your college team although I can't imagine why other than a false sense of entitlement.

Reactions: echs86
This is a myth. Wilkes is the much higher rated player. You're just lining up your excuses for when he goes elsewhere. It's what the settlers do.
Really... much higher? Depends on who you talk to.... and thanks for providing another myth...settlers...lol chief myth monger!
Now some of you are trying to make CTC out as a liar or cannot be trusted when that is not the case... he is recruiting... that is what he should be doing... if a recruit gets miffed because someone else of like caliber is interested and may commit so be it... no reason to get your nose out of joint.

Last edited:
There we agree. Confirmed by your posts: You want to point out any negative about the IU coach you can. You want to blame him for IU not winning a NC since 1987. You think you are owed a NC for your college team although I can't imagine why other than a false sense of entitlement.
Once again, you come with no facts, a result of your lack of understanding of the IU program. If you want to be inane, that's certainly your prerogative. But your foolishness only appeals to you and a certain few others.

Once again, you come with no facts, a result of your lack of understanding of the IU program. If you want to be inane, that's certainly your prerogative. But your foolishness only appeals to you and a certain few others.
You have stopped your denial. A look in the mirror can be healthy.

I hope your right about OG. But there were times Morgan went in before he did. OG is going to have to guard the three in the NBA do a little research who he has to guard. James,Durant and George. He also has no game off the dribble. I think its funny when hype will hurt IU you negative posters tend to believe it.

OG played in real college games and impressed NBA scouts enough that respected draft sites are ranking him. Yes. He has more work to do. hype = Green and Jones have been impressive but never played a college game. I'm optimistic they can be good players but let's at least see them play some real games.

So what does Morgan coming in to a game before OG have to do with anything. It could be due to a game situation or a matchup situation or some might say that Crean's substitution patterns and frequency make no sense.

Where do you do your NBA research? I want to read these comments about downgrading a player in the draft because they can't guard James, Durant, or George. Did Skip Bayless say this. My research indicates that nobody in the NBA is stopping James, Durant, and George consistently nor will any player in the next draft. A player might have some success in a spurt or for a game. Still, there only 3 teams with those players and 27 without. Also, OG isn't walking into the league and playing a lot of minutes immediately. My guess is if he meets an NBA draft scouts expectations after some development, he is likely to guard those 3 as well as anyone. I doubt the NBA is worried about OG defensively. Using his elite athleticism to defend is the primary reason he is showing up on the draft rankings.

NBA is a lot about matchups now. Players are not necessarily locked into a position. OG is not necessarily a 3. I compare OG to Aminu on the Blazers who can defend either forward spot and sometimes SGs. Depending how he develops his skills, the ceiling could be a lot higher. The best thing OG can do offensively for the NBA now is show the ability to hit 3 point shots to go with his defense.

Reactions: calhoun26
Hopefully Crean has learned and we've moved on. Wish Crean could have spent more time with Luke. I'd probably have freshmen room together.
Luke roomed with Devin Davis.

Davis, Yogi, Hanner, et al . . . Burned weed in Luke and Devin's room all the time. A month in the kid was ready to leave. Crean did nothing - outside of the usual running for punishment.

You don't even make sense. If you had any facts to bring to the discussion, you would. There's a reason you have no credibility here.
Do you want me to reference all the threads you complain about the IU coach as proof. Hit the back button till you get to threads list and take a screen shot.

Reactions: becauseIknow
Yes, much higher. There's no one else saying otherwise, and you're not talking to anyone who says otherwise. The only myth here is that any utterance from you is truthful. You and the settlers are really struggling for relevance, aren't you?
Referring to ratings ..goofball...not myth mongers

Luke roomed with Devin Davis.

Davis, Yogi, Hanner, et al . . . Burned weed in Luke and Devin's room all the time. A month in the kid was ready to leave. Crean did nothing - outside of the usual running for punishment.

Unless Luke is lying to this day, he wanted to return home. His stats at Marquette have been ok, but nothing great. What are you going to do Tas when marijuana is legal in this country?

Unless Luke is lying to this day, he wanted to return home. His stats at Marquette have been ok, but nothing great. What are you going to do Tas when marijuana is legal in this country?
He wanted to return home because the IU basketball culture of partying wasn't to his liking. Your reference to marijuana makes it clear you understand the real reason that he left, in spite of your long history of denials.

BIK knows. He has posted things before the news got out at Peegs before. Seriously.

...uh huh. Just not about what B1G Banners are hanging in Assembly Hall or the tenures of the Indiana Athletic Directors...

Which is a second dose of irony considering the poster's stated position within the Department...

Reactions: TheSpa
...uh huh. Just not about what B1G Banners are hanging in Assembly Hall or the tenures of the Indiana Athletic Directors...

Which is a second dose of irony considering the poster's stated position within the Department...
And that's the difference: knowing who suggested putting up conference championship banners versus knowing inside information from having connections in the athletic department. Which is more valuable to you? Information about recruits and players or some irrelevant fact about banners. I have heard though that the athletic department screens applications for employment and one of the questions in the interview is about the banners in the Hall

Last edited:
And that's the difference: knowing who suggested putting up conference championship banners versus knowing inside information from having connections in the athletic department. Which is more valuable to you? Information about recruits and players or some irrelevant fact about banners.
I have heard though that the athletic department screen applications for employment and one of the questions is about banners in the Hall.

You've gone totally off the rails. This wasn't about which information is more valuable. It's about irony, choosing a screen name claiming "you know" and then not actually knowing.

What else you got?

Stop, the tenures of the athletic directors was accurate. It's impossible to have two AD's at the same time, right? Well that should answer your question right then and there. I posted it dead accurate months earlier, sorry that I typed wrong, but I worked for several of those men, you didn't. I know what I know.

Just as I knew about Bo Ryan months before anyone here did. Here's another little tidbit, Bo isn't the only one with UW basketball that can't keep his wick dry. Sad. I've been married to the same woman for 40+ years and never cheated on her. Too bad other people can't honor their vows.

Stop, the tenures of the athletic directors was accurate. It's impossible to have two AD's at the same time, right? Well that should answer your question right then and there. I posted it dead accurate months earlier, sorry that I typed wrong, but I worked for several of those men, you didn't. I know what I know.

Just as I knew about Bo Ryan months before anyone here did. Here's another little tidbit, Bo isn't the only one with UW basketball that can't keep his wick dry. Sad. I've been married to the same woman for 40+ years and never cheated on her. Too bad other people can't honor their vows.

Totally. No mention of the Banners? Trying to ignore that faux pas, huh?

Just another unprovoked story about Bo Ryan and your marriage ...nice deflection. Maybe you finally have a link to share to support your claims? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it, again? Your spontaneous stories and "name drops" aren't impressive to anyone around here other than your little CBL sycophants.

Take your own advice and stop. It's beyond embarrassing.

Reactions: Hoosier Manic
You've gone totally off the rails. This wasn't about which information is more valuable. It's about irony, choosing a screen name claiming "you know" and then not actually knowing.

What else you got?
I've got that you read too much into it. You assume that means to know everything, including irrelevant information about banners.

And that's the difference: knowing who suggested putting up conference championship banners versus knowing inside information from having connections in the athletic department. Which is more valuable to you? Information about recruits and players or some irrelevant fact about banners. I have heard though that the athletic department screens applications for employment and one of the questions in the interview is about the banners in the Hall
What inside information has he provided?

Lol

Really... much higher? Depends on who you talk to.... and thanks for providing another myth...settlers...lol chief myth monger!

Who are you talking to?

Here is how Merriam-Webster defines much:

"large in amount or extent : not little"

"large in amount" - just how large of an amount do you need?

Let's take a look at their rankings, shall we?

First, Kris Wilkes:

Rivals - 18
Scout - 18
247 - 18
ESPN - 14

Avg ranking: 17

Justin Smith:

Rivals - 105
Scout - 91
247 - 76
ESPN - 80

Avg ranking: 88

One is a consensus 5 Star. The other is an AVERAGE of 88.

Any other myths you like to propagate?

Reactions: Rakkasan29
I would still gladly add Smith to our roster. Stars do not tell the whole story of a player.

What inside information has he provided?
It was around the time of Troy declaring or not declaring for the draft, coming back or not coming back and how it would have affected the whole scholarship situation. I remember going back and responding "because he knows" after the fact. Your reaction is this person knows more than the average poster.

It was around the time of Troy declaring or not declaring for the draft, coming back or not coming back and how it would have affected the whole scholarship situation. I remember going back and responding "because he knows" after the fact. Your reaction is this person knows more than the average poster.
That's not inside information.

It's not legal, is it?

Nor was it in the fall of 2013.

Yet Tom Crean - despite being told about the incessant dope smoking in Fischer's / Davis" room - did nothing of consequence. It led to the transfer of Luke and the near-death of Davis.

Timing is everything. It has to do with news about the team and players before it is reported. Sadly, all you care about is the banners and the Clarence Doninger typo.
He's provided none of the things of which you speak. And, to be precise, he stumbled on Ralph Floyd.

ADVERTISEMENT