ADVERTISEMENT

Why were IU fans cheering and chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there and didn’t hear that at all. Post a video or STFU and GTFOOH.

are you kidding me? It was in the first half. Daniel Bituli was on the ground and IU started a huge IU chant and went crazy. I was absolutely floored by it, as were all the people in the stands near me.

when IU had someone down it was quiet, and then we cheered when they got up and walked off. Just was curious why your fans started the IU chant up.

are you kidding me? It was in the first half. Daniel Bituli was on the ground and IU started a huge IU chant and went crazy. I was absolutely floored by it, as were all the people in the stands near me.

when IU had someone down it was quiet, and then we cheered when they got up and walked off. Just was curious why your fans started the IU chant up.

Bullshit. Complete bullshit you spout.
There was no cheering of an injured player. If there was any noise that occurred around that time it wasn’t in response to an injured UT player.

Your entire grandstand boo’d our LB, Raekwon Jones, during an injury....I guess they thought he was doing something nefarious?

I found the Tennessee fans to be pretty cordial. There are always some in every fan base like you or RockyTopRowdy who drum up a bunch of nonsense and look like a turd in a punch bowl during these games.

Tennessee fans are inbred because they can’t bang the love of their life. Dolly Parton. Don’t pay much attention to them.

When Tennessee has an injured player on the ground for nearly 5 minutes? Just curious.
I found what you are talking about and I'm glad you weren't just trolling for an argument.

It occurred 4 minutes into the 2nd half, UT player Bituli was injured and down on the field. After about 2 minutes the IU cheerleaders started to lead the IU chant which they frequently do when there is a break in the action. No-one was cheering an injury. I don't think even O$U fans would do that and they're the worst in college football.

You were simply mistaken about the reason for the chant. A similar situation occurred 3 or 4 years ago with a Michigan fan. At that time our team used to gather in the center of the field, raise their hands and shout football type slogans (I never could figure them out) then break and go to the sideline. One UM fan came over here and said we were stomping on their logo ... we did it at home and on the road, it was just a pre-game routine, but I guess he couldn't find anything ease to bitch about so he invented something.

We don't cheer for injuries ... even to PU players.

I was also at the game . . . IU fans were cordial and respectful of ALL injured players.

Reactions: 76-1
The only inappropriate activities (2) I saw were the UT fans booing Jones when he hit his head hard on the turf and had to be checked. Fortunately he was able to return. The other was numbers of wasted 25-40 year old UT fans screaming at cars stuck in traffic outside the stadium. That was a little scary for a bit. The older UT fans we interacted with were all nice.

Reactions: 76-1 and CC Mac
Look at the troll's join date...2012. And now trolling on two threads. Looks like whomever speculated this is a PU imposter or Ordfan...might be right?

I found what you are talking about and I'm glad you weren't just trolling for an argument.

It occurred 4 minutes into the 2nd half, UT player Bituli was injured and down on the field. After about 2 minutes the IU cheerleaders started to lead the IU chant which they frequently do when there is a break in the action. No-one was cheering an injury. I don't think even O$U fans would do that and they're the worst in college football.

You were simply mistaken about the reason for the chant. A similar situation occurred 3 or 4 years ago with a Michigan fan. At that time our team used to gather in the center of the field, raise their hands and shout football type slogans (I never could figure them out) then break and go to the sideline. One UM fan came over here and said we were stomping on their logo ... we did it at home and on the road, it was just a pre-game routine, but I guess he couldn't find anything ease to bitch about so he invented something.

We don't cheer for injuries ... even to PU players.
This is accurate. I wasn't able to go and watched it on TV. There were clear boos when Jones went down. Both times. There was also a clear "IU" chant when the Tenn player was down. It wasn't malicious and it wasn't cheering the injured player. It was just something to break up the long pause in the game.

This is accurate. I wasn't able to go and watched it on TV. There were clear boos when Jones went down. Both times. There was also a clear "IU" chant when the Tenn player was down. It wasn't malicious and it wasn't cheering the injured player. It was just something to break up the long pause in the game.
I was there and this is exactly what happened. No one was cheering an injured UT player.

Our crowd was awesome and loud the entire game. Had to be because we were outnumbered 2/3 to 1/3.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1

I missed it on mine but I wasn't willing to spend much time looking for it (my bad).

I was there and this is exactly what happened. No one was cheering an injured UT player.

Our crowd was awesome and loud the entire game. Had to be because we were outnumbered 2/3 to 1/3.
EXCEPT, a CHANTING and CHEERING should NOT occur when an injured player is on the ground, except in the midwest I guess.

How about the booing when our lineman was on the ground hurt?
Let me guess,you didn’t hear that lol
Must be a southern thing.

Reactions: Lillyr66
EXCEPT, a CHANTING and CHEERING should NOT occur when an injured player is on the ground, except in the midwest I guess.

The booing of the IU player brought about face palms by even some of the UT fans in our vicinity. Must have been a Tennessee thing?

To echo what another poster said:

Any male in orange under the age of 30 was really (really) rough around the edges. Like....they did not know proper social norms in public. It was embarrassing.

Reactions: DANC
The booing of the IU player brought about face palms by even some of the UT fans in our vicinity. Must have been a Tennessee thing?

To echo what another poster said:

Any male in orange under the age of 30 was really (really) rough around the edges. Like....they did not know proper social norms in public. It was embarrassing.

30-40 males.... not a good look for the big awwrunnj

WHY ARE YOU going IN and OUT of capitalizing YOUR LETTERS? In your head are you yelling, then going quiet to say the letter "a" then yelling the next word?

IU chant and then much cheering - WHILE Bituli was on the ground! - Frankly, the loudest I heard the East stands get all night
That's a load of crap and you're using up whatever goodwill you might have had.

The loudest cheering, by far, from the east side was our man Johnson' pick 6.

Pretty close to accurate....although truth be told....Jones was sprinting off the field and we were about to get a "too many men" when he went down near the sideline. Was obviously very suspicious...we've had MSU do it to us...we know the game.

His other injuries were undoubtedly legit. He was playing hard.

The "IU" chant was simply that. Long dead period, we had momentum, and the crowd was getting amped. Kinda bad form, but it wasn't cheering that we injured a Tenn player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT