ADVERTISEMENT

Why We ALL Should Wear a Mask

I really think both you and Hillz, along with our esteemed president, should go around maskless. It's a free country, right?

Just don't blame Obama when you get the virus.
You slipped up and revealed the long-suspected truth--deep down all of you think wearing a mask will keep you safe. It's not about protecting me at all.

I’d bet the CDC, as well as many health agencies, baked in the unwillingness of certain Americans to take orders from the government into their calculus. Hell, look at R Gov DeWine in OH. First the state mandated masks. He had to back down in short order because the nutters were threatening to hurt people who tried to enforce it. The CDC “recommendation” wasn’t all about public health. It also included political considerations.
I honestly think the cdc is just learning as it goes. They’ve been changing their positions on a few things: masks, surface transmission, etc. I think it’s just a novel virus and the scientists are learning as they go. It’s hard.
Agreed. Plus I think they knew early on there just weren’t enough masks. They had to prioritize getting a supply to all first responders, doctors and nurses before the general public.

Reactions: Digressions
Thank you for the concerns, Hillz, Spartan, Lucy, and other Trumpians. Your advises are gem!

I think you guys are doing the right thing. Keep following the advises of Dr. Trump as opposed to the so-called experts such as Faucci and most medical professionals. After all, what do these so-called medical experts know about illness?

Don't wear masks, especially when you are infected or when you are in crowd. Keep taking chloroquine, clorox and other anti-ChinaVirus medicines Dr. Trump recommends. He is our president; he should know more about diseases and their cures than the so-called medical professionals.

Last edited:
Reactions: HillzHoozier
Thank you for the concerns, Hillz, Spartan, Lucy, and other Trumpians. Your advises are gem!

I think you guys are doing the right thing. Keep following the advises of Dr. Trump as opposed to the so-called experts such as Faucci and most medical professionals. After all, what do these so-called medical experts know about illness?

Don't wear masks, especially when you are infected or when you are in crowd. Keep taking chlorophyll, clorox and other anti-ChinaVirus medicines Dr. Trump recommends. He is our president; he should know more about diseases and their cures than the so-called medical professionals.
Chlorophyll...? Tell me more...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll give you credit. Most people wouldn't own up to their callous disregard for others.

I mentioned Brothers in Battle about Easy Company in another thread. There is a scene in the series in Carentan Normandy where soldiers are throwing grenades in Windows and then running through the door.

The scene really happened in Austria, it was a cellar, and Hefron was the soldier (he was not in Normandy and the producers asked his permission to change it.

Hefron said he had no idea a family was in that cellar. He was ordered to kick it open and ross in the grenade, it was SoP. Something made him open the cellar door instead. He said how glad he was he did that. He said had he tossed in that grenade and killed that family it would have eaten at him every day for the rest of his life.

That is a man who machine gunner in Market Garden and Bastogne, undoubtedly he killed more people than at least 95% of us.

If I found out I gave a deadly disease to someone, I would always worry that I could have done something different.

Don't wear masks, especially when you are infected or when you are in crowd. Keep taking chlorophyll, clorox and other anti-ChinaVirus medicines Dr. Trump recommends. He is our president; he should know more about diseases and their cures than the so-called medical professionals.
Trump knows about sexually transmitted diseases!

Reactions: meridian

Too many aren’t listening anymore. My buddy owns a condo he rents out in Panama City. He went down over the weekend to check on it. Said the beaches were packed, drunks everywhere partying, restaurants full. Few masks. No social distancing. Summer is coming and people will be out more and more regardless of what the gov says. The levee’s about to break wide open.

If I found out I gave a deadly disease to someone, I would always worry that I could have done something different.
Even so, it's impossible to know with any certainty. All you can do is do your best to reduce the odds. If my wife came down with it, did I bring it to her from my workplace or did she get it at WalMart? I guess in that case I could tell myself it wasn't me, but the not knowing...

Too many aren’t listening anymore. My buddy owns a condo he rents out in Panama City. He went down over the weekend to check on it. Said the beaches were packed, drunks everywhere partying, restaurants full. Few masks. No social distancing. Summer is coming and people will be out more and more regardless of what the gov says. The levee’s about to break wide open.
My plan was to start collecting SS in October and finishing out the calendar year at my workplace (fourth quarter is big for us). If things in Indiana/Monroe Co. get out of control, I may have to rethink things.

Reactions: Spartans9312
My plan was to start collecting SS in October and finishing out the calendar year at my workplace (fourth quarter is big for us). If things in Indiana/Monroe Co. get out of control, I may have to rethink things.
Yeah dude be safe. If you can pull the trigger pull it. In the meantime avoid the youth of America. My uncle was an electrician. Lived like a pauper his whole working life waiting for retirement. Literally the day after he retired he had a stroke. Lost 75 percent of his vision etc. as soon as you can swing whatever you want to do in life do it.

I'll give you credit. Most people wouldn't own up to their callous disregard for others.
Gimme a break with the sanctimony, Mark. I'd vomit in my mask if I were wearing one.
So much for your faux tough guy routine about not caring what anybody around here says about you. Truth hurts, huh?
The thing with Hillz is that I think he's actually a decent guy who is in a tough position with his workplace and his wife's working situation. He's been required by circumstances to take on some risk, and needs to justify that. Rather than just own up to the fact that he's had to engage in some risky behavior, he's chosen to claim there's little risk, and those of us that think otherwise are driven by fear. I can sympathize. I'm actually in a similar situation with my work. What I don't understand is the refusal to take other people's health and welfare into consideration when he decides how he's going to act in public.

Last edited:
Even so, it's impossible to know with any certainty. All you can do is do your best to reduce the odds. If my wife came down with it, did I bring it to her from my workplace or did she get it at WalMart? I guess in that case I could tell myself it wasn't me, but the not knowing...

There is always some uncertainty. But with contact tracing, one probably can have a decent idea of who infected who. Also, if I go to a restaurant tonight and develop symptoms tomorrow, there is a likelihood others at the restaurant at that time were infected by me.

I mean in the grenade scenario, it would have been possible if he threw in the grenade that they were already dead.

Gimme a break with the sanctimony, Mark. I'd vomit in my mask if I were wearing one.
You are a man of principle. I appreciate your dedication to stick to the principle.

Keep going around crowded places without a mask. To show us how principled man you really are, I advise you to find places that are full of ChinaVirus infected people. Let us know what happens. I have already made an appointment with a flower shop.

There is always some uncertainty. But with contact tracing, one probably can have a decent idea of who infected who. Also, if I go to a restaurant tonight and develop symptoms tomorrow, there is a likelihood others at the restaurant at that time were infected by me.

I mean in the grenade scenario, it would have been possible if he threw in the grenade that they were already dead.

If these "you're infringing on my personal liberty by asking me to wear a mask" jokers are willing to go to the mat for something as Common Sense as that how do you think they're going to react to any Contact Tracing efforts...

This could get a lot worse before it gets better... Maybe realizing they've infected half of their friends and family might bring some of these people around but I highly doubt it...

If these "you're infringing on my personal liberty by asking me to wear a mask" jokers are willing to go to the mat for something as Common Sense as that how do you think they're going to react to any Contact Tracing efforts...

This could get a lot worse before it gets better... Maybe realizing they've infected half of their friends and family might bring some of these people around but I highly doubt it...
We’ll die of natural causes before there’s any meaningful contact tracing.

How many posters have facial hair that contacts with an ordinary (non-respirator) mask and think they are serious mask advocates?
Oh, knock it off. My beard is not going to prevent my mask from blocking my coughs or sneezes. No one claims they create any kind of tight seal.

Oh, knock it off. My beard is not going to prevent my mask from blocking my coughs or sneezes. No one claims they create any kind of tight seal.

we are not talking about creating a tight seal. We are talking about a better seal. You are the one who (rightfully) mentioned increasing the odds of not spreading the virus. Some facial hair will affect the odds.

we are not talking about creating a tight seal. We are talking about a better seal. You are the one who (rightfully) mentioned increasing the odds of not spreading the virus. Some facial hair will affect the odds.
Okay, fair enough.

I would hope youd cover your cough or sneeze in your arm or shoulder, and if you care about those around you, wash your hands.

I don't have Covid 19 so I wont spread it. I keep a safe social distance from others outside of my family. The actual benefits from wearing a mask in public are uncertain enough that to me, it doesn't override the side effects. I'm not a "FREEDOM" nut job. I'll only judge you for wearing a mask (or gloves) when I stumble over one or the other in the parking lot of a store filled with "Caremores". If it concerns you so bad that I choose not to wear one, just avoid me. Why is that so hard? Most of you aren't wearing them correctly and are touching your faces more than you would otherwise. I hope you will continue to wash your hands. It's by far the most effective way to protect others.

The ultimate irony will be that many who will object to COVID-19 contract tracing already have apps and settings on their phones that are tracking them right now.

I would hope youd cover your cough or sneeze in your arm or shoulder, and if you care about those around you, wash your hands.
I don't have Covid 19 so I wont spread it. I keep a safe social distance from others outside of my family. The actual benefits from wearing a mask in public are uncertain enough that to me, it doesn't override the side effects. I'm not a "FREEDOM" nut job. I'll only judge you for wearing a mask (or gloves) when I stumble over one or the other in the parking lot of a store filled with "Caremores". If it concerns you so bad that I choose not to wear one, just avoid me. Why is that so hard? Most of you aren't wearing them correctly and are touching your faces more than you would otherwise. I hope you will continue to wash your hands. It's by far the most effective way to protect others.
You don't know this: "I don't have Covid 19," so you don't know this either: "so I won't spread it."

It's probably going to take deaths among people in their 40's and 50s in communities across the country to wake people up to the level of threat and realize it's stupid to not protect ourselves and each other.

Reactions: sglowrider
It's probably going to take deaths among people in their 40's and 50s in communities across the country to wake people up to the level of threat and realize it's stupid to not protect ourselves and each other.
Nursing home residents are easily dismissed. Let it kill a bunch of productive 60 year olds and attitudes might change. These are the active, fun grandparents with a lot of life ahead of them.

Reactions: hoot1

Unfortunately that's how some people learn. Not from books or others.

Were you tested today? If not, you have zero idea whether you have Covid. Surely, surely you know this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT