ADVERTISEMENT

Why We ALL Should Wear a Mask

Why haven't always worn a mask, Sir Caresomuch Von Wokenstein? There are other contagious diseases, you know. I will expect you and your band of crusaders from the "Land of Lookatme" to wear one from now on.

I know the character you play here is a glib F u faux tough guy who doesn't give a shit what anybody else thinks (when you obviously actually do), but you should ask 76 about his background and then possibly reconsider your attitude towards him to include a little more respect. Your reply was ill-advised and unfortunate. You ain't pwning a lib on this one and he deserves better than you offered.

I know the character you play here is a glib F u faux tough guy who doesn't give a shit what anybody else thinks (when you obviously actually do), but you should ask 76 about his background and then possibly reconsider your attitude towards him to include a little more respect. Your reply was ill-advised and unfortunate. You ain't pwning a lib on this one and he deserves better than you offered.
He should do as he sees fit, and keep his judgments about me to himself.

Why haven't always worn a mask, Sir Caresomuch Von Wokenstein? There are other contagious diseases, you know. I will expect you and your band of crusaders from the "Land of Lookatme" to wear one from now on.

FB-IMG-1590270535803.jpg
Does she really think that mask is effective?
Wow

Hillz' is no longer worth my efforts but thank you hoos for understanding...

Last edited:
Back in the good ol' days, back when America was Great, that was no big deal. Then those snowflake MADD bitches got all uppity and screwed everything up.

When I was real young, I know several people in my neighborhood were involved in DUI accidents. As far as I know, no one including the police gave it a second thought. It took years to get people to take it seriously.

In 2040 maybe masks will catch on.

When I was real young, I know several people in my neighborhood were involved in DUI accidents. As far as I know, no one including the police gave it a second thought. It took years to get people to take it seriously.
It took the advent of the Breathalyzer and the implied consent law to make a difference. Before then it was hard to prosecute.

In 2040 maybe masks will catch on.
Yep. In Stl it took the cardinals player incident. Prior to that people would have 7, 8, 9 dwis and not spend a day in jail. For years here cops would take the guy’s keys, throw them in the trunk of the car, and tell him to walk home. If the car was there in the morning no dwi. They didn’t want to F with the paperwork. My dad was a construction worker for years. The back of his pickup was always full of empties. Times change.

Last edited:

I think its what people call ''arrested development.''

March 1st 2020 was the first death in the US from Covid. But nearly 100,000 deaths and 11 weeks later, people are still pushing back and debating the value of a mask.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

That its core brings up interesting observations. The society has been conditioned to be very short term thinkers -- only looking at what's in front of their fingertips. The measures and the people/nations who have been successful in this war have all applied multiple measures. And not one/discussion at a time. People seem to think everything is some Hollywood movie with some magic/silver bullet solution/hero to swoop in and solve the whole problem.

Plus everyone wants 'absolutes' immediately. This pandemic started in late Q4 last year. And to expect the experts to know all the answers immediately is both unrealistic and unreasonable. Scientific/healthcare discovery/insights aren't linear. Then when initial statements or understandings/misstatements turn out to be inaccurate, then that source or organisation is not labelled as unreliable only reflects the ignorance and nativity of how it works in the sciencey world.

Finally, it seems that everything that difficult or complex has been seen through a political/''culture'' war prism first/kneejerk reaction and not through the eyes of, in this case, scientist and healthcare officials?

I think people have been conditioned to want to oversimplify things and have it come in a 'happy meal.'

With the death of expertise and the advent of social media platforms, people just don't know the difference between opinions and facts anymore.

So it's much easier to manipulate the masses.

Edit.

Last edited:
March 1st 2020 was the first death in the US from Covid. But nearly 100,000 deaths and 11 weeks later, people are still pushing back and debating the value of a mask.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

That its core brings up interesting observations. The society has been conditioned to be very short term thinkers -- only looking at what's in front of their fingertips. The measures and the people/nations who have been successful in this war have all applied multiple measures. And not one/discussion at a time. People seem to think everything is some Hollywood movie with some magic/silver bullet solution/hero to swoop in and solve the whole problem.

Plus everyone wants 'absolutes' immediately. This pandemic started in late Q4 last year. And to expect the experts to know all the answers immediately is both unrealistic and unreasonable. Scientific/healthcare discovery/insights aren't linear. Then when initial statements or understandings/misstatements turn out to be inaccurate, then that source or organisation is not labelled as unreliable only reflects the ignorance and nativity of how it works in the sciencey world.

Finally, it seems that everything that difficult or complex has been seen through a political/''culture'' war prism first/kneejerk reaction and not through the eyes of, in this case, scientist and healthcare officials?

I think people have been conditioned to want to oversimplify things and have it come in a 'happy meal.'

With the death of expertise and the advent of social media platforms, people just don't know the difference between opinions and facts anymore.

Edit.
Did/do they require masks in nursing homes where it spread like wildfire? How's that working?

I usually shop at Kroger. I'd say the mask coverage among customers is about 50% or better. Not total, but pretty good.

Went to Walmart today, because I needed something Kroger doesn't have. I'd be generous to say mask usage was at 5%.
Was told this morning that the Bton WalMart is now enforcing mask wearing at the door. My wife said she had been told by one of the workers she knows that the employees were prepared to quit showing up due to the vast majority of customers not masking. I can't confirm that they're doing this, but I'm lovin' it if they are.

Was told this morning that the Bton WalMart is now enforcing mask wearing at the door. My wife said she had been told by one of the workers she knows that the employees were prepared to quit showing up due to the vast majority of customers not masking. I can't confirm that they're doing this, but I'm lovin' it if they are.
Those poor workers. Unreal.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Edit.

I guess Soros paid 100,000 people to fake their own death.

Reactions: UncleMark
Reactions: HillzHoozier
Same for me. My work plan is to keep 5 masks at work and use 1 per day.
I have one that a factory I work with made me that I love and wear the most. I’ve never washed it. It probably has more Covid on it than the wuhan lab. Then I have a half dozen more I randomly rotate. I just bought the kind I can throw in the washing machine. I’m not up on what materials work better etc.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I think they can be made mark. factories are embedding all kinds of shit into fabric these days without too much trouble. i just wonder what they would cost.
I should have made that distinction. It's obvious from the experiment that they can, but doing it at scale at a reasonable cost...

But hey, there wasn't much info in the article and I don't claim to know anything about this battery technology they're referring to, so my doubts may be unfounded. It would be great if I was wrong.

I should have made that distinction. It's obvious from the experiment that they can, but doing it at scale at a reasonable cost...

But hey, there wasn't much info in the article and I don't claim to know anything about this battery technology they're referring to, so my doubts may be unfounded. It would be great if I was wrong.
For sure. I just know outfits sewing sensors into fabric for a variety of stuff without any trouble. But likewise I have no clue about these batteries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT