ADVERTISEMENT

Why isn't the NCAA allowing official visits for basketball players?

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
It would seem that their safety can be assured by masks and social distancing.

OK to limit OVs to one at a time.

If air travel issue the issue, allow OVs by vehicle rather than by plane. Some freedom is better than none.

Reactions: ORG
It would seem that their safety can be assured by masks and social distancing.

OK to limit OVs to one at a time.

If air travel issue the issue, allow OVs by vehicle rather than by plane. Some freedom is better than none.
I'm guessing it's a few things. Some schools are doing online only for classes right now so allowing athletes to visit those probably wouldn't be the same as if everyone is on campus. A bunch of the admin they'd normally meet with would probably be working remotely.

Probably the bigger reason is air travel as you stated. While they could allow this it would greatly disadvantage schools far away for multiple reasons. The NCAA at least tries to at least look like they're making it an even playing field and totally fair. So this would not have that.

Are any of the SEC, ACC or B12 schools that are on-line only still playing football this season? Have any of these schools converted to on-line only for the fall semester? TIA

Are any of the SEC, ACC or B12 schools that are on-line only still playing football this season? Have any of these schools converted to on-line only for the fall semester? TIA
They’re still planning to play football.

Liability. Everyone is covering their asses so they don't get sued.

i keep seeing the liability issue thrown out there, but not sure how they could be liable since no way to ever specifically prove where one caught it, and i don't see the big corps letting liability get in the way.

Reactions: jeffwheat69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT