ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Trump so violently opposed to mail in voting?

When I did work, it was my Election Day ritual to be there at 6 AM so I could be sure to have enough time to do the one hour drive to Indy, eat breakfast, and be in the saddle at by 8 AM. In retirement, I’ve either gone to the polls in the middle of the afternoon or taken advantage of “early voting” that is always offered to those who can physically get to the polls, but just not on Election Day. In small towns, Election Day is a social event because you have a good chance of knowing who volunteers to work the polls. Sometimes you even get a donut if you get there early enough. I don’t know how you city dwellers do it, “living” amongst the walking diseased, the traffic, the noise...God love you, someone’s got to do it. Once you’ve stepped away from the cesspool of the big city, you hate to go back, even if it’s just for a visit.

latest

A valid enough reason to vote absentee is simply “work related”. Have you ever known anyone to be fined for voting absentee when in reality they really could have stood in line? I haven’t either. You don’t have to worry about a guy sitting in a car down the block with binoculars, watching your movement on Election Day. Trust me on this one.

Here is the work exemption in Indiana:

You are scheduled to work at your regular place of employment during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.​

So you are saying one should sign a form stating that you are liable for perjury with a lie? Is that what you are really saying? Would that not in itself be a form of voter fraud?

https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2402.htm

Here is the work exemption in Indiana:

You are scheduled to work at your regular place of employment during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.​

So you are saying one should sign a form stating that you are liable for perjury with a lie? Is that what you are really saying? Would that not in itself be a form of voter fraud?

https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2402.htm
Then schedule a one day vacation out of town. Take a picnic lunch to the nearest roadside picnic table out of town. Regardless, no one is checking anyway so do it just to maintain a sense of decency if you’re worried about the 12-hr employment fraud thing weighing heavy on your mind.

Then schedule a one day vacation out of town. Take a picnic lunch to the nearest roadside picnic table out of town. Regardless, no one is checking anyway so do it just to maintain a sense of decency if you’re worried about the 12-hr employment fraud thing weighing heavy on your mind.
Some people value honesty, an important component of integrity. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should applies here...

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
It's much easier than this.

Holcomb is a pragmatist and, so far, seems an honorable guy despite his Republican genes.

I intend to write him to say he should make Indiana's everybody-can-vote-by-mail primary rule the applicable rule for November. All Indiana should also write him. Many states already have a permanent everybody-can-vote-by-mail rule.

Trump is going to win Indiana anyway. Holcomb has no valid reason not to let Indiana vote by mail in November as Indiana permitted for the 2020 primary..

When I did work, it was my Election Day ritual to be there at 6 AM so I could be sure to have enough time to do the one hour drive to Indy, eat breakfast, and be in the saddle at by 8 AM. In retirement, I’ve either gone to the polls in the middle of the afternoon or taken advantage of “early voting” that is always offered to those who can physically get to the polls, but just not on Election Day. In small towns, Election Day is a social event because you have a good chance of knowing who volunteers to work the polls. Sometimes you even get a donut if you get there early enough. I don’t know how you city dwellers do it, “living” amongst the walking diseased, the traffic, the noise...God love you, someone’s got to do it. Once you’ve stepped away from the cesspool of the big city, you hate to go back, even if it’s just for a visit.

Dude, you're talking Indiana. This year prior to the Primaries, the various IN County Election officials sent out applications to request a mail-in ballot. The Sec of State also ran a number of PSA's advising people that they could request a mail-in ballot if they chose to do so. Trump had NO PROBLEM with that, and never even mentioned any corrupt practices in Indiana...

But when CA, MI, and NV all did the exact same thing, then suddenly it was a HUGE problem, and he tweeted about it incessantly. Now, what is different from IN and CA, NV, and MI?

His BS is so superficial, and I guess he is so brazen because as a businessman people just accepted whatever he said and never called him out on anything. So when he accuses the Election official in MI (who is a Dem) of "illegally" mailing out ballots, he does not know how to react when she publicly calls him a liar and points out that she mailed out applications for ballots. He just doubles down, because he's never going to admit he made a mistake. It's just not in his DNA...

So he comes out looking like a moron, to everyone but his cult of sycophants. The facts are there for anyone with a Brain to see. MI held their Presidential Primaries in March before the lockdown actually engaged. The mailings MI did (that Trump railed about) were for the upcoming non-Presidential Primaries in Aug. They could not have mailed out ballots (like Trump claimed) because it's a closed Primary and you can only request a Dem or GOP Ballot.

The GOP is actually deciding on the challenger to current D-Senator Gary Peters, so GOP voters are going to want to vote. Trump claiming back in May that the state was illegally mailing ballots out to everyone is ridiculous. You have to first request a ballot, so they know what Party ballot to send you for the Primary you want to vote in. It's just more brain dead stupidity from the Orange Moron.

There is no way his statement is anything but an incorrect lie, but he still is unable to admit when he's wrong. And it's just another attempt for him to falsely try and go after Whitmer and claim she's engaging in "illegal" acts. It's the exact same process Indiana followed, the only difference is IN is a RED state with a GOP Gov and MI has a Dem Gov that Trump needs to attack in order to try and salvage a win in 2020.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Some people value honesty, an important component of integrity. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should applies here...
Who in their right mind doesn't take advantage of a loop hole when it comes tax time? Loop holes are for closers!

You do not think if there is a huge upsurge in people voting early in Black precincts that some groups are not going to demand investigations for fraud?

Why can't bee pass a law making this legal and not encourage people to pick and choose the laws they follow?

Just a reminder that there's no evidence that increased vote-by-mail actually helps either party over the other. Trump isn't opposed to it because he's afraid it will hurt Republicans. It won't. He's opposed to it, because it offers him an opportunity to rile up the base and get them angry about another (fake) Democratic conspiracy. He's hoping that his supporters will be stupid enough to follow him on this, even though the policy wouldn't hurt them at all.

Just a reminder that there's no evidence that increased vote-by-mail actually helps either party over the other. Trump isn't opposed to it because he's afraid it will hurt Republicans. It won't. He's opposed to it, because it offers him an opportunity to rile up the base and get them angry about another (fake) Democratic conspiracy. He's knows that his supporters are stupid enough to follow him on this, even though the policy wouldn't hurt them at all.

you had a couple of misspelled words.

Just a reminder that there's no evidence that increased vote-by-mail actually helps either party over the other. Trump isn't opposed to it because he's afraid it will hurt Republicans. It won't. He's opposed to it, because it offers him an opportunity to rile up the base and get them angry about another (fake) Democratic conspiracy. He's hoping that his supporters will be stupid enough to follow him on this, even though the policy wouldn't hurt them at all.

You have this right IMO. A contrived wedge issue dressed up as a conspiracy theory that he can point to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT