ADVERTISEMENT

Why has the POTUS fired four IGs in the last six weeks?

I'm just curious. Trump promised to drain the swamp but firing IGs seems like a roundabout of doing it. Maybe I just care more about ethics and accountability than tax cuts.

Here's the latest. Apparently, this is related to an $8B Saudi arms deal.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-inspectorgeneral/u-s-house-chairman-alleges-saudi-arms-sale-link-to-state-ig-firing-idUSKBN22U269?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Reuters/PoliticsNews+(Reuters+Politics+News)
Trump doesn't like accountability or whistle-blowers. They get in the way of draining the swamp.

I'm just curious. Trump promised to drain the swamp but firing IGs seems like a roundabout of doing it. Maybe I just care more about ethics and accountability than tax cuts.

Here's the latest. Apparently, this is related to an $8B Saudi arms deal.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-inspectorgeneral/u-s-house-chairman-alleges-saudi-arms-sale-link-to-state-ig-firing-idUSKBN22U269?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Reuters/PoliticsNews+(Reuters+Politics+News)
Because he's a mobbed up criminal and a puppet of a foreign leader?

Last edited:
Because Pompeo was under investigation for sneaking an 8 billion dollar arms deal, made in secret with a terrorist-friendly nation, past congressional oversight.

Reactions: cosmickid
Because Pompeo was under investigation for sneaking an 8 billion dollar arms deal, made in secret with a terrorist-friendly nation, past congressional oversight.
Sounds like Trump gave Pompeo the greenlight. As long as the cash is there, the deal can be done. No questions asked. Pure transactional and short term thinking. Some form of neoliberalism/late-capitalistic stage.

I don't think nuance is one of his strongest attributes, ironically. He may be the tipping point of how a POTUS' standards are being held to.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT