ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren’t there women on the Senate Judiciary Committee?

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
According to Chuck Grassley, “It’s a lot of work. Maybe they don’t want to do it.” Men like Grassley and Orrin Hatch can’t even open their mouth without insulting women. Can’t wait to vote these fossils out. I know Orrin is retiring.,,I’m ready for lots of new blood on both sides.

Saw this and knew Zekes would be here seething within moments, although I overestimated her in assuming she'd get the thread title right.

Trumpers getting on someone for a sentence written with a mistake.

The pure lack of awareness is ..

200.gif

Reactions: Rockfish1
Nice try what. Your title was completed in accurate. Now try back atcha.
I assumed people would know what I meant . But I guess I should have known better than to expect some people to come to a logical conclusion. But thanks for pointing it out, as it is even more damaging. GOP have zero and Dems have 4. You’d think they’d be smart enough to put on a token. But they don’t even pretend to care.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah. What are you whining about now?
Here this should set you off even more than someone getting a free phone or free medical care..

If you're holding someone on a message board to a standard where they are not allowed mistakes, then this should be completely unacceptable for the leader of our nation that you profess to love so much. I'm sure you'll be writing a letter to Pennsylvania Ave pointing out the mistakes the President, your leader, has made. Or is it that you have some kind of double standard?

WTF is this?
Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right — who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

I quit reading.

All I said was “there are”. I swear the hair on fire crew is in full swing these days.
Honestly, Jim. It would be better if you sometimes had an affirmative case to make. You seem only to post when you boil over at posts you don't like. What if you . . . I don't know . . . posted something thoughtful on a subject you cared about? Is that a thing you could do? I bet so.

I assumed people would know what I meant . But I guess I should have known better than to expect some people to come to a logical conclusion. But thanks for pointing it out, as it is even more damaging. GOP have zero and Dems have 4. You’d think they’d be smart enough to put on a token. But they don’t even pretend to care.

See, I think you hit on something that always sits wrong with me whenever you guys (sweeping generalization of the left to follow, however this fits your statement) discuss these intersectional issues. There appears to be this belief that you need to put a "token" minority or member of the so called oppressed community into something in order to make it "fair". Maybe none of the Republican women felt like being the "token" female on the committee because their interests or their state's interests lay elsewhere. Murkowski, from Alaska, is on the energy committee...hmmm...wonder why that would interest her?

You all do not realize how bigoted and condescending you all come off sometimes when you talk that way.

See, I think you hit on something that always sits wrong with me whenever you guys (sweeping generalization of the left to follow, however this fits your statement) discuss these intersectional issues. There appears to be this belief that you need to put a "token" minority or member of the so called oppressed community into something in order to make it "fair". Maybe none of the Republican women felt like being the "token" female on the committee because their interests or their state's interests lay elsewhere. Murkowski, from Alaska, is on the energy committee...hmmm...wonder why that would interest her?

You all do not realize how bigoted and condescending you all come off sometimes when you talk that way.
I’m sure the GOP could not find a single woman interested. Is that what you are saying? It appears the GOP can’t find enough women representatives , and I certainly can’t imagine why. After this round, it will be even harder to find college educated women interested in joining the GOP, let alone running for office. ( the college educated came from a poll I saw on who believes Kavanaugh and who believes Ford). The token was a joke, as ther obviously should be more than one.

Democrats in Nevada (and everywhere) need to get behind Jacky Rosen. She's a huge upgrade from Heller. Best of all she's an excellent "centristy centrist", that is, she uses her mind:

Part of Ms. Rosen’s challenge, including over Judge Kavanaugh, is that she prefers peacemaking. She is a member of the Problem Solvers Caucus, a House group that tries to reach bipartisan agreements on policy issues like infrastructure.She boastsabout being ranked the fifth-most bipartisan freshman member in the House. Though she called some of the Trump administration’s policies “reckless,” she also said she agreed with the president on some things, including his decision to move the United States embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. (Though she said that she did not like how he did so “unilaterally.”)​

I’m sure the GOP could not find a single woman interested. Is that what you are saying? It appears the GOP can’t find enough women representatives , and I certainly can’t imagine why. After this round, it will be even harder to find college educated women interested in joining the GOP, let alone running for office. ( the college educated came from a poll I saw on who believes Kavanaugh and who believes Ford). The token was a joke, as ther obviously should be more than one.
Good point, Zeke. The Kavanaugh fiasco made the GOP future even bleaker by turning off so many women and young people in the middle. The GOP leadership of the future may be inhabited by average Joes who will follow camp rules and know little about the global economy. Not good for any of us.

DUDE there has NEVER been a female Republican on the JC,and the JC was established in 1816. Token/Scmoken... I realize that the GOP was established later and women only got the vote and started being elected nearly a century later as well. But dang son, you're throwing out talking points about "token representation" and the reality is the GOP has had ZERO female JC members in close to 100 yrs... I'd say THAT goes well beyond mere condescension...

Vote is today....you don’t like what the outcome is likely to be.....so you want to tweak things to where you get the outcome you want. Do you think women only vote the way the left thinks they should? Are they not capable of applying logic, fairness, and equality? How do you explain the lady from Maine’s speech?

52% of women voted for Trump in 2016.... you are in the minority of women. You should ask why

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...w-he-did-among-whites/?utm_term=.57d6e8256ff8

Reactions: herrli
So from reading this women can only be represented by a woman ? So everyone can only be represented by someone exactly the same as them?

The fact the GOP members of the committee hid behind a female prosecutor is proof that they, too, are well aware of the value of tokenism in political optics.

Reactions: largemouth
The fact the GOP members of the committee hid behind a female prosecutor is proof that they, too, are well aware of the value of tokenism in political optics.
Also staging Colins' speech in front of two women, who were not in their regular seats.

So from reading this women can only be represented by a woman ? So everyone can only be represented by someone exactly the same as them?
Who said that? Wouldn’t women be representing men too? I think you may have missed the point.

Who said that? Wouldn’t women be representing men too? I think you may have missed the point.
We all get your points. You definitely come across that if you aren't represented by a woman you aren't being represented properly or why would it matter? They need a '' token'' woman to make it fair? That is a disservice to yourself . I guess it was good to have an admitted sexual assaulter on the Democratic side ? Who acted like a complete ass.

Reactions: mohoosier
We all get your points. You definitely come across that if you aren't represented by a woman you aren't being represented properly or why would it matter? They need a '' token'' woman to make it fair? That is a disservice to yourself . I guess it was good to have an admitted sexual assaulter on the Democratic side ? Who acted like a complete ass.
But, he did get his ‘Spartacus Moment’ :D

I love when people make a ridiculous point and then someone else likes it. Two fools in one. As I said, my point was obvious and it was not that a woman needed to represent a woman. Which woman was the sexual assaulter? I doubt that anyone can too the Sexual Assaulter in Chief with a grand total of 19accusations under his belt ( so to speak) and two rapes. Truly a man to be proud of.

Reactions: cosmickid
I love when people make a ridiculous point and then someone else likes it. Two fools in one. As I said, my point was obvious and it was not that a woman needed to represent a woman. Which woman was the sexual assaulter? I doubt that anyone can too the Sexual Assaulter in Chief with a grand total of 19accusations under his belt ( so to speak) and two rapes. Truly a man to be proud of.
Sounds like you are getting tired of losing? :)

You make no sense, your post was complaining why there were no women on the hearing board so what else would you mean? I never said the admitted assaulter was a woman it is Booker and you know that

ac·cuse
əˈkyo͞oz/
verb
verb: accuse; 3rd person present: accuses; past tense: accused; past participle: accused; gerund or present participle: accusing
  1. charge (someone) with an offense or crime.
    "he was accused of murdering his wife's lover"
    synonyms: charge with, indict for, arraign for; More
    summons for, cite for, prefer charges against for;
    impeach for
    "four people were accused of assault"
    antonyms: absolve, exonerate
    • claim that (someone) has done something wrong.
      "he was accused of favoritism"
      synonyms: blame for, lay/pin the blame on for, hold responsible for, inculpate for, hold accountable for; More
      condemn for, criticize for, denounce for;
      informalpoint the finger at for
      "the companies were accused of causing job losses"

According to Chuck Grassley, “It’s a lot of work. Maybe they don’t want to do it.” Men like Grassley and Orrin Hatch can’t even open their mouth without insulting women. Can’t wait to vote these fossils out. I know Orrin is retiring.,,I’m ready for lots of new blood on both sides.

Why do Democrat women marginalize this woman?
21-Lady_Justice.jpg

I hate to do this to you Zeke as you’ve not had a good week, but it needs to be said. Honestly reply and admit you were wrong again.

In 1981, responding to the growing popularity of Women's History Week, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) and Rep Barbara Mikulski (D-Maryland) co-sponsored the first Joint Congressional Resolution proclaiming a Women's History Week. Congress passed their resolution as Pub. L. 97-28, which authorized and requested the President to proclaim the week beginning March 7, 1982 as “Women’s History Week."[4] Throughout the next several years, Congress continued to pass joint resolutions designating a week in March as Women’s History Week.[4] Schools across the country also began to have their own local celebrations of Women's History Week and even Women's History Month. By 1986, fourteen states had declared March as Women's History Month.[3]

https://wcfcourier.com/business/loc...cle_ec5778e5-d150-56ba-8303-0ba2c77ae18b.html

Man, life is tough sometimes, but as the wisest say ‘you only really learn from your mistakes’.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT