ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Jan 6 responders committing suicide?

I don't have one.
I'm puzzled by this too, though I didn't realize the suicide count for Capitol police on duty on January 6 was up to 4 until I read this post.

I'm not really speculating on what may be behind this; their deaths just make the events of that day that much more terribly sad.

The media didn't make it political. The posters here did.
I agree they made it political in the thread but the media made it a political issue. However, it could have been a good thread discussion without politics ever getting involved.

No causation was implied by any article I read. Even if someone did, that still doesn't make it political.
January 6 has been made political by politicians who use it for political talking points and fundraising and by media and pundits who use it as a means to silence dissent. Anyone who indicates present day support for Trump will be equated with a January 6 rioter. Those who wish to expand and perpetuate any adverse effect of January 6 without evidence but only with opinion, do so for political ends.

Reactions: 76-1
January 6 has been made political by politicians who use it for political talking points and fundraising and by media and pundits who use it as a means to silence dissent. Anyone who indicates present day support for Trump will be equated with a January 6 rioter. Those who wish to expand and perpetuate any adverse effect of January 6 without evidence but only with opinion, do so for political ends.
As I said, none of the articles I read implied any sort of causation.

January 6 was a political event. The politicians who condemn it and the media who report it aren't making it political. It was made political by the people who perpetrated it.

As I said, none of the articles I read implied any sort of causation.

January 6 was a political event. The politicians who condemn it and the media who report it aren't making it political. It was made political by the people who perpetrated it.
that's an absurd take goat. both the politicians and the media are making it political. from the decision to hold hearings to the verbiage used to describe the event to the amount of articles devoted to the event and the duration of keeping it in the news. the left doesn't want to hear that the fbi didn't find evidence of concerted action. that the bad actors are getting slaps on the wrist and weren't part of a coup. that there was no planning and that it was spontaneous. they want to blow it up and make it far worse than it was so that people like cosmic can get a hard on reading it. it inures the benefit of the left. and in the end the left hopes it'll attract voters.

no different than the Afghanistan debacle. right-leaning publications will do their level best to keep attention on it for as long as possible, publishing the most heart-rending images and stories they can find. and dbmhoosier will gobble it up and post tweet after tweet. why? because it inures to the benefit of the right. biden's approval rating is down to an abysmal 41% according to usa today.

it's all political....

Last edited:
that's an absurd take goat. both the politicians and the media are making it political. from the decision to hold hearings to the verbiage used to describe same to the amount of articles devoted to the event. the left doesn't want to hear that the fbi didn't find evidence of concerted action. they want to blow it up and make it far worse than it was so that people like cosmic can get a hard on reading it. it inures the benefit of the left.

no different than the Afghanistan debacle. right-leaning publications will do their level best to keep attention on it for as long as possible, publishing the most heart-rending images and stories they can find. and dbmhoosier will gobble it up and post tweet after tweet. why? because it inures to the benefit of the right. biden's approval rating is down to an abysmal 41% according to usa today.

it's all political....
Maybe, but pay attention to what I was responding to.

At any rate, the media didn't shit on the suicide story with politics. Our posters did.

As I said, none of the articles I read implied any sort of causation
Wut? Writing about cop suicide who were also present at the Capitol on January 6 certainly does suggest causation—without evidence. Suicide is complicated and individual. The Jan 6 cluster means zilch.

Wut? Writing about cop suicide who were also present at the Capitol on January 6 certainly does suggest causation—without evidence. Suicide is complicated and individual. The Jan 6 cluster means zilch.
No, it doesn't. It only seems that way to you because despite your acknowledgement that suicide is complicated and individual, you fail to credit other people with the capability of understanding the same.

I don't have one.
Depression/PTSD. Being a Capitol Police Officer, my guess is that the last thing you would worry about would be being attacked by your fellow citizens. It was shocking watching that unfold.

I watched all of the congressional testimony from the officers and it was really horrifying. If you haven't watched it, please do (I realize you probably have).

No, it doesn't. It only seems that way to you because despite your acknowledgement that suicide is complicated and individual, you fail to credit other people with the capability of understanding the same.
Look at your G— D—- thread title! You choose January 6 as the relevant commonality for different individuals taking their lives. And you misidentified them as Capitol police to boot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT