ADVERTISEMENT

Who's returning for 2020

Of all the positions, QB seemingly #1 if Penix/Ramsey/Tuttle all return plus the new recruit who will RS.

But my strong #2 position is the DLine:
DEFENSIVE LINE: The Hoosiers lose some key veterans in the trenches but have a deep and experienced core ready to go. This is a unit that could emerge in 2020 after being a question mark in 2019.

Leaving: Gavin Everett (Eligibility), Allen Stallings (Eligibility)

Key Returning: Jerome Johnson (redshirt senior), Michael Ziemba (senior), Demarcus Elliott (junior), James Head (junior), Alfred Bryant (redshirt junior), Tramar Reece (redshirt junior), Jonathan King (redshirt sophomore), Madison Norris (redshirt sophomore), Gavin McCabe (redshirt sophomore), Sio Nofoagatoto’a (sophomore), Shamar Jones, (redshirt sophomore), Beau Robbins (redshirt freshman), C.J. Person (redshirt freshman), Jeramy Passmore (redshirt freshman), Antoine Whitner (redshirt freshman)

Noteworthy freshman: Damarjhe Lewis is a highly regarded recruit out of Georgia.

Of all the positions, QB seemingly #1 if Penix/Ramsey/Tuttle all return plus the new recruit who will RS.

But my strong #2 position is the DLine:
DEFENSIVE LINE: The Hoosiers lose some key veterans in the trenches but have a deep and experienced core ready to go. This is a unit that could emerge in 2020 after being a question mark in 2019.

Leaving: Gavin Everett (Eligibility), Allen Stallings (Eligibility)

Key Returning: Jerome Johnson (redshirt senior), Michael Ziemba (senior), Demarcus Elliott (junior), James Head (junior), Alfred Bryant (redshirt junior), Tramar Reece (redshirt junior), Jonathan King (redshirt sophomore), Madison Norris (redshirt sophomore), Gavin McCabe (redshirt sophomore), Sio Nofoagatoto’a (sophomore), Shamar Jones, (redshirt sophomore), Beau Robbins (redshirt freshman), C.J. Person (redshirt freshman), Jeramy Passmore (redshirt freshman), Antoine Whitner (redshirt freshman)

Noteworthy freshman: Damarjhe Lewis is a highly regarded recruit out of Georgia.
That represents a really nice blend of veteran talent and upcoming talent. They should certainly be a team strength and their Gator Bowl performance supports that stance.

I would like to see an above average pass rusher develop. Madison Norris, here's your chance to take center stage!!

That represents a really nice blend of veteran talent and upcoming talent. They should certainly be a team strength and their Gator Bowl performance supports that stance.

I would like to see an above average pass rusher develop. Madison Norris, here's your chance to take center stage!!

I agree certainly a high degree of depth within this group. A good group of decent players. Especially on the interior of the DL. What we lack and need is that difference maker at the DE position. I don't believe that individual is currently on our roster. Not sure if Madison Norris will add that muscle and weight needed to be that individual. You would have thought he would have seen the field and shown us a glimpse of that potential this past season. At least in sure passing downs. Let's hope that a high level DE recruit sees the opportunity to come and be a high level contributor year one with this team. Could be the the one big piece we are missing in taking this team to the next level in 2020.

I agree certainly a high degree of depth within this group. A good group of decent players. Especially on the interior of the DL. What we lack and need is that difference maker at the DE position. I don't believe that individual is currently on our roster. Not sure if Madison Norris will add that muscle and weight needed to be that individual. You would have thought he would have seen the field and shown us a glimpse of that potential this past season. At least in sure passing downs. Let's hope that a high level DE recruit sees the opportunity to come and be a high level contributor year one with this team. Could be the the one big piece we are missing in taking this team to the next level in 2020.
With that in mind, Indiana has 3-DE's coming in for official visits in Jan.

ADVERTISEMENT