ADVERTISEMENT

Whop is coming back

Is this really a surprise?

Not a surprise but it was surely an unknown. Donovan Peoples-Jones is taking his 34 receptions and under 500 yards to the pro's. He never even got to 700yds in any one season in his career at UM. There are many guys under 1k going pro. Whop easily could've gone.

Not a surprise but it was surely an unknown. Donovan Peoples-Jones is taking his 34 receptions and under 500 yards to the pro's. He never even got to 700yds in any one season in his career at UM. There are many guys under 1k going pro. Whop easily could've gone.
He was a highly-touted recruit too. Fair or not, that matters when guys from big programs go pro if they didn't put up big numbers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He was a highly-touted recruit too. Fair or not, that matters when guys from big programs go pro if they didn't put up big numbers.
He's physically ready for the NFL. Not sure Whop is yet.

Whop is smart to return. He needs to mature just a bit and play smart along with his high energy self. Do that and he can hopefully be injury free but also more productive.

I see him having a great year and think Penix quick release plays well to letting Whop do his thing for more YAC!

Reactions: red hornet
I'll be honest I never really considered the possibility of Whop leaving early. I'm not being a hater, just not convinced that his game will translate that well at the next level. I hope I'm wrong. If he has another 1,000 yard season in 2020 he should get a shot somewhere.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT