ADVERTISEMENT

Whop headed to NFL

Good luck to him. I'd be surprised if he's drafted.

I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I wish him the best and Thank him for all his efforts and contributions to INDIANA Football... On the other hand, I think he's making a mistake by not coming back and in doing so possibly uping his draft status...

I "think" I can understand his thought process though..., given the wear and tear his body has endured (they damn near killed him over At Penn State (with No Call !!!) a couple of years ago, I guess he's just playing the odds and moving on towards making some $ as a pro before he misses the opportunity due to injury... At his size, coupled with the reckless abandon with which he plays I can't argue with his conclusion...

I seriously question whether he'll be drafted but I do think he'll get a shot as an Undrafted Free Agent...

Here's hoping it all works out perfectly for him... Pound for pound he may have very well been the Toughest guy playing for us the last two years..., (in my opinion)...

I was about 15 rows up when we were playing Michigan. It was such a strange dynamic in the crowd that day. Because it was only players' and coaches' families, there was not the collective angst of 50,000 Hoosier faithful who had been conditioned for years that this game was about to slip away. It was just our team and their team. It was late in the third quarter. The game was in the balance. We had either just answered their score, or maybe we had punted, but there should have been tension on the sidelines. There was NONE. Whop walked to the bench yelling "who the Hell is Michigan!" over and over and over. The team fed off that confidence and enthusiasm.

While we are usually slightly undermanned on the field, the beauty of college football is that the talent gap can sometimes be overcome by coaching, preparation, and belief. Unfortunately, our teams have traditionally been deprived of their belief due to the (understandable) jaded, negativity of our fanbase that sucks our current crop into the vortex of failures by players from generations past. When the 2020 season was played in a vacuum, Whop Philyor was a trump card, and every kid on this roster will have cause to believe that they can, and will, win every time they step on the field for the rest of their careers...largely because of him.

Slot receivers are generally a dime-a-dozen, but Whop belongs on our Mt. Rushmore for everything that he has done to transform our program.

Thank you, Whop!

I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I wish him the best and Thank him for all his efforts and contributions to INDIANA Football... On the other hand, I think he's making a mistake by not coming back and in doing so possibly uping his draft status...

I "think" I can understand his thought process though..., given the wear and tear his body has endured (they damn near killed him over At Penn State (with No Call !!!) a couple of years ago, I guess he's just playing the odds and moving on towards making some $ as a pro before he misses the opportunity due to injury... At his size, coupled with the reckless abandon with which he plays I can't argue with his conclusion...

I seriously question whether he'll be drafted but I do think he'll get a shot as an Undrafted Free Agent...

Here's hoping it all works out perfectly for him... Pound for pound he may have very well been the Toughest guy playing for us the last two years..., (in my opinion)...
I just wonder if Fryfogle's decision to stay had an influence on his decision. Like, with the FSU transfer coming in, would playing time - and passes - be harder to come by.

I can also understand that he has spent 4 years here, given his all, and is ready to move on. I remember being at IU for 4 years and, as much as I loved it, was more than ready to get out into the world and start my real life. Looking back, I wish I would have stayed another year or gone to grad school, but we all have to live with our decisions.

Whop may want to see if he can help his family financially and if so, that’s his option and right. Wish him well. Seems to me he may be able to catch on like the last similar smaller WR (played in Jax a few seasons?). But Whop doesn’t always play smart (fumbles, run backwards after the catch, hot headed penalties, etc) so I hope as part of his NFL prep there is some mental game aspects too. It would love for him to catch on and make it, wish him nothing but good luck ahead!

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT