ADVERTISEMENT

@whoisgarylee is more popular than Trump

In a similar vein, I watched the Obama interview on the new Letterman Netflix show last night.

It made me sad. It was a reminder of how far we have fallen.
I had trouble watching it through misty eyes. Funny, intelligent, compassionate. Just sad.

Please tell me an Obama/ Letterman interview didn't actually make you cry.

I swear I will never understand the god-like reverence the left has for the Obamas.
Well it isn’t that difficult. He’s inspirational, a kind man, and an excellent leader (or at least puts up the appearance of such). He tried his damndest to do the job well, and had gravitas. The current incumbent is a far cry from any of those things.

Please tell me an Obama/ Letterman interview didn't actually make you cry.

I swear I will never understand the god-like reverence the left has for the Obamas.
Kind of like most people don't understand the cult like fervor of Trumpsters. I miss a president that is eloquent and speak in complete sentences. I miss a president that is compassionate and empathetic, I miss a president with a sense of humor. I miss a president that can have a conversation where he isn't hateful and bullying others. A miss a president that can poke fun at himself. I miss a president that can give me his booklist and music list for the year. I miss a president that can actually speak to issues and know what he is talking about. I miss no drama Obama. I miss a president whose biggest scandal was what color his suit was and what kind of mustard he liked. I miss being able to wake up in the morning without wondering what stupid sh the president tweeted about and what hateful , cruel thing he did that day. Off the top of my head....

Its not Obama.

It's sadness over the loss of:
Humanity
Compassion
Competency
Clarity
It's those things, but OBama too. It's what made Pete Souza's book of portraits a best seller and what made Michelle's Indianapolis trip sell out within minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT