ADVERTISEMENT

Who would've thought?

That Rutgers would be tied for 2nd in the Big 10

me. My big prediction was Rutgers would make the tourney this year or next. And then @T.M.P. called me nostradumbass.

I wonder if he has popped his blow up doll in his basement in frustration yet. Hard to be wrong as much as him in college basketball.

me. My big prediction was Rutgers would make the tourney this year or next. And then @T.M.P. called me nostradumbass.

I wonder if he has popped his blow up doll in his basement in frustration yet. Hard to be wrong as much as him in college basketball.

What's that honking? Oh nevermind, just Cav tooting his own horn again. You'd think I'd be used to it by now!

Reactions: Cavanagh
Rutger’s massive rebuild must not take as long as IU. I’m sure they have better players too.
They definitely have better players and they somehow take this round object hurl it from 22feet and collect 3 nickels!

That Rutgers would be tied for 2nd in the Big 10

They are also a team that can't shoot. Their guys aren't particularly skilled. But they're athletic, including plenty of size and some speed, and play defense very aggressively.

Watching that Rutgers-PSU game last night, PSU, like IU, has wasted potential. When push comes to shove they back down. Watkins, their center, can dominate when he plays hard, but he coasts a lot. Last night he had 16 points in the first half, then shut it down. If he's not playing hard, they lack the skilled size to compete, although they have skill & shooter at the guard & on the wing.

Edit...One other thing....they've got a number of good, young 4 yr types who are going to develop. They're only going to get better in the next couple of years. Their coach has it going.

Last edited:
Unfortunately MSU got this. Again. 4-0 start gives them huge odds to wiN. Oh and a slacker named Cassius
I agree MSU is looking like the odds on favorite, but they have had 3 home games and their only road game was Northwestern. It will be tougher once they hit the road (still another home game before that happens).

gonna wait until March to hand out B1G trophies and NCAA bids. a lot of teams still have a lot of tough road games in front of them, as well as home games vs top 20 teams. Hell at this point last year we probably would have still been a 5-6 seed in the tourney, then 6 weeks later...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT