ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the idiot waving

I really don't have a problem with that. At that point it was about the race, and nothing more.

to quote Cyril, "i never made the connection".

now that you bring it up, it is ironic.

it's also a little bit funny, once you realize the irony.

but it's funny in a good way, because it shows that everything has changed for the good between these peoples.

that he did it without even thinking about the irony of the imagery, and that the crowd probably took no great offense, is probably a great testament to the ideal that something good, in fact best case scenarios level good, came out of their sacrifice.

I laughed because it's the AOTF and assumed this was satire. Then I saw who wrote it.

the Jap flag behind the winner of the 500 today.....It's Memorial Day fer gods sake.....

You shoulda have saved this for a Friday.
You're just confusing the patients.
one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-11.jpg

the Jap flag behind the winner of the 500 today.....It's Memorial Day fer gods sake.....
I read that some people were complaining about a Japanese driver winning a race that is tied to Memorial Day. I thought that was as stupid as witnessing the people in front of me booing VP Pence. They were PU fans so they have that going against them.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem unless Takuma is 110 years old and a war criminal. I am reasonably sure he didn't have anything to do with WWII.

I never thought he was a good driver, but he has had some nice races including one win. He and his car were the best that day and a deserving winner. I'm surprised people didn't boo Mikhail Aleshin because he surely must be a bad person because he is Russian, right?

I read that some people were complaining about a Japanese driver winning a race that is tied to Memorial Day. I thought that was as stupid as witnessing the people in front of me booing VP Pence. They were PU fans so they have that going against them.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem unless Takuma is 110 years old and a war criminal. I am reasonably sure he didn't have anything to do with WWII.

I never thought he was a good driver, but he has had some nice races including one win. He and his car were the best that day and a deserving winner. I'm surprised people didn't boo Mikhail Aleshin because he surely must be a bad person because he is Russian, right?

The 500 isn't about drivers - its about equipment.

As for politics, some 8th grade class in Pennsylvania snubbed the Speaker of the House.
Probably while wearing Penn State/Sandusky U gear.
All the whining makes me wish I had voted for Trump.
giphy.gif

#Notmyprotest.
#Getoverit
#Growup
#RussialiedbetterthanHillarywaaaaa
#partyovercountry
#meetthenewbosssameastheoldboss
#iwantmyoldplanmyolddoctorandmy$2500

The 500 isn't about drivers - its about equipment.

As for politics, some 8th grade class in Pennsylvania snubbed the Speaker of the House.
Probably while wearing Penn State/Sandusky U gear.
All the whining makes me wish I had voted for Trump.
giphy.gif

#Notmyprotest.
#Getoverit
#Growup
#RussialiedbetterthanHillarywaaaaa
#partyovercountry
#meetthenewbosssameastheoldboss
#iwantmyoldplanmyolddoctorandmy$2500
The equipment matters, but only the difference between Chevy and Honda. It matters much less now than the days when there were many different engine and chassis combinations. Engineering and preparation is very valuable since there are only 2 car combinations these days..

Chevy could match Honda in horsepower if they wanted to increase boost and give up reliability like Honda has done. Honda doesn't mind a few blown motors as long as one of their cars wins the race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT