ADVERTISEMENT

Who says wrestling is FAKE?

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot

This is why I can't take wrestling seriously, the level of officiating is beyond amateur. Appalling.

One team was clearly incapacitated through overt-hypnosis, and yet the referee not only allows the fight to continue but he then lets the audience and other fighters get involved.?!! WTF!!

It's rather embarrassing to be fair. Disgrace.

This is why I can't take wrestling seriously, the level of officiating is beyond amateur. Appalling.

One team was clearly incapacitated through overt-hypnosis, and yet the referee not only allows the fight to continue but he then lets the audience and other fighters get involved.?!! WTF!!

Looked real to me....

real fake! Why do I feel like 75% of that crowd shop at Walmart and voted for Trump? Does that make me elitist?

Reactions: sglowrider
Looked real to me....

real fake! Why do I feel like 75% of that crowd shop at Walmart and voted for Trump? Does that make me elitist?
Many years ago, my dad won free tickets to a WWF match. He asked me if I would want to go with him to see what it was like. I said if he wanted to drive down, I would go with him.

We about got attacked by the woman sitting in front of us because we kept laughing and predicting who would win and how the match would play out. This only led to more laughter when we were correct.

We left before we pissed everyone off. It was a father-son memory I will always have. The last thing I would call it is a sport. It was a comedy to us, but serious drama for the majority. The injuries are real and the wrestlers take a pounding being slammed on the mat. The punches are pulled somewhat, but they are real. I'm not sure who scripts this crap or how the wrestlers are involved in the decision of who wins.

Two friends of mine were driving to the Outer Banks on vacation. They were passing a small car and noticed 4 huge guys riding in the car. They looked over because it was funny to see big people in a small car. The car contained two arch enemy tag teams of that period that were clearly traveling together. One person was Jerry Lawler?, but I can't remember the other 3.

Reactions: sglowrider
Many years ago, my dad won free tickets to a WWF match. He asked me if I would want to go with him to see what it was like. I said if he wanted to drive down, I would go with him.

We about got attacked by the woman sitting in front of us because we kept laughing and predicting who would win and how the match would play out. This only led to more laughter when we were correct.

We left before we pissed everyone off. It was a father-son memory I will always have. The last thing I would call it is a sport. It was a comedy to us, but serious drama for the majority. The injuries are real and the wrestlers take a pounding being slammed on the mat. The punches are pulled somewhat, but they are real. I'm not sure who scripts this crap or how the wrestlers are involved in the decision of who wins.

Two friends of mine were driving to the Outer Banks on vacation. They were passing a small car and noticed 4 huge guys riding in the car. They looked over because it was funny to see big people in a small car. The car contained two arch enemy tag teams of that period that were clearly traveling together. One person was Jerry Lawler?, but I can't remember the other 3.

I used to see Ric Flair out and about in Charlotte quite often. I saw him one morning after I know he'd had a match and he looked like death warmed over, sunglasses to hide a haggard face and limping along as you might expect a 60+ yr old man out running around a ring and still trying to pull off those stunts, would. Definitely they are scripted, but the stunts and especially the potential for injury from them, are real enough.

I used to see Ric Flair out and about in Charlotte quite often. I saw him one morning after I know he'd had a match and he looked like death warmed over, sunglasses to hide a haggard face and limping along as you might expect a 60+ yr old man out running around a ring and still trying to pull off those stunts, would. Definitely they are scripted, but the stunts and especially the potential for injury from them, are real enough.
As we get older, recovering from things that would have had little affect the day after hurt a little more and linger a little longer. These wrestlers are not little guys and dropping from a few feet onto a surface would be one of those events. Do it for 20 or 30 years and it is no wonder they struggle to move around later in life.

Hell, I can do a kip. I can't breakdance, but I can do a kip. Surely wrestling must be fake if I can do it. Maybe I should gain 100 pounds so I can look as good as those guys in speedos when I go pro.

Darrell Waltrip once said his mother believed in "wrasslin", but didn't believe astronauts landed on the moon.

Trump supporter?
tongue.gif
keano.gif

Hey, some guys outweigh their opponent by 50lbs. That's not fair either.

ADVERTISEMENT