ADVERTISEMENT

Who said that Dem leadership is competent?

It's ridiculous how much influence Israel has in Congress. (That largely explains why the Iran deal couldn't have been a treaty.) And from our perspective, the real bad guys in Yemen -- the sort of people who think like al Qaeda -- are all on the Saudi side. Unless, as you say, we radicalize Shiites to start attacking us here at home.

The Saudis have been providing material support to Al-Qaeda in Yemen throughout the conflict. (The exact same group we are hitting with drones)

In the case of Syria, Israel was providing medical treatment to groups (possibly including ISIS) more heinous than Al Qaeda and then returning them to the battlefield.

About the Houthis; their branch of Islam is quite distant from Twelver Shiism. My understanding is that it's actually closer in theology to Sunni Islam.

Our foreign policy is absolutely mind boggling.

On a tangent, my greatest fear is a terrorist attack in the United States by any Islamic group. I fear the thought of what Trump/Miller may attempt in such circumstances. It's by sheer chance and the diligent work of our intelligence agencies that one has not taken place during the current term. I wouldn't put it past this admin of attempting a false flag attack, but thankfully they are probably incapable of orchestrating said mission.

The Saudis have been providing material support to Al-Qaeda in Yemen throughout the conflict. (The exact same group we are hitting with drones)

In the case of Syria, Israel was providing medical treatment to groups (possibly including ISIS) more heinous than Al Qaeda and then returning them to the battlefield.

About the Houthis; their branch of Islam is quite distant from Twelver Shiism. My understanding is that it's actually closer in theology to Sunni Islam.

Our foreign policy is absolutely mind boggling.

On a tangent, my greatest fear is a terrorist attack in the United States by any Islamic group. I fear the thought of what Trump/Miller may attempt in such circumstances. It's by sheer chance and the diligent work of our intelligence agencies that one has not taken place during the current term. I wouldn't put it past this admin of attempting a false flag attack, but thankfully they are probably incapable of orchestrating said mission.
An American's risk of being killed by any kind of terrorist is tiny, and among all terrorists, it's now domestic right-wing killers who pose the greatest (but still tiny) risk.

Judging by 9-11, the greatest harm from a large scale attack by foreign terrorists would likely be our over-reaction to it.

An American's risk of being killed by any kind of terrorist is tiny, and among all terrorists, it's now domestic right-wing killers who pose the greatest (but still tiny) risk.

Judging by 9-11, the greatest harm from a large scale attack by foreign terrorists would likely be our over-reaction to it.

It's all fear based. Irrational fear. Fear itself often leads to irrationality. Ugh. Just very tilting.

I believe the odds of being killed in a terror attack are something like 1 in 40 million. Don't quote me on that.

Small addendum... the biggest problem is that the public demands action after a terror attack. The politicians must act! Something has to be done for the sake of showing they are doing something. Often, really bad shit is the result.

Reactions: Bill4411
So what? Take a look at his voting record. He is basically a non-interventionist. We have a very poor track record of success post-intervention.
"So what?," you say? All right, I guess, if you think he can influence foreign policy by "voting." If voting makes him more effective, I guess that automatically makes him more effective than Trump's representative in the Middle East, Jared Kushner. But we do agree that the Republicans suck at foreign policy.

And, do you have any other thoughts about foreign policy as to the countries I listed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT