ADVERTISEMENT

Who is paying for Hunter's paintings?

You really are dense, I bet you worried about all of Trump's relatives didn't you? If you dont see this as anything else but grifting you arent being honest

Yeah, quite a few, in fact. Looks like you look like an idiot. Again.

This post sort of destroys your own argument, relative to THIS board. First off,I have to point out,in the first clip 2 of the 3 people mentioned in the title (McCain and Huntsman) are Republicans...

But beyond that, while everyone knew that the Trump family had questionable "business dealings" the family (outside of those with a Govt role) weren't really the focus of anti-Trump posters here. Go back and do a search, and I'm pretty sure there have been far more posts/threads here regarding Hunter Biden than was ever the case with Jr and Eric...

I did a post about Jr getting paid $ 50,000 for an hour-long speech at UF. But that was more in the context of the UF student President getting impeached because he stole funds from the Student Activity Fund to pay Jr to speak, without any authorization to do so.

Admittedly I can think of millions of things I'd spend $50,000 before I'd consider paying it to Jr for doing anything. But if the UF student Pres wants to spend HIS money on something so stupid, then being that stupid is his right. The problem was he STOLE the money, and in that case, I'd say tar and feathers should have accompanied the impeachment...

But just like paying Jr to speak nonsense for an hour, people have the right to buy Hunter's paintings if they so desire. In fact, this thread might make some sense if people were somehow alleging the buyers were stealing the money. Barring that, if they are spending their own money, not funds they raised by lying to others about the intended purpose, then I really don't grasp the issue...

I'm guessing that when people contributed to the Committee to elect Trump they didn't know that the money would go to Trump's private business. And it's not like they even got a deal, Trump inflated the prices so they spent more than they likely would have spent elsewhere. I mean the unsuspecting people who donated might as well have just slipped the money in Trump's pocket. What a system...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
This post sort of destroys your own argument, relative to THIS board. First off,I have to point out,in the first clip 2 of the 3 people mentioned in the title (McCain and Huntsman) are Republicans...

But beyond that, while everyone knew that the Trump family had questionable "business dealings" the family (outside of those with a Govt role) weren't really the focus of anti-Trump posters here. Go back and do a search, and I'm pretty sure there have been far more posts/threads here regarding Hunter Biden than was ever the case with Jr and Eric...

I did a post about Jr getting paid $ 50,000 for an hour-long speech at UF. But that was more in the context of the UF student President getting impeached because he stole funds from the Student Activity Fund to pay Jr to speak, without any authorization to do so.

Admittedly I can think of millions of things I'd spend $50,000 before I'd consider paying it to Jr for doing anything. But if the UF student Pres wants to spend HIS money on something so stupid, then being that stupid is his right. The problem was he STOLE the money, and in that case, I'd say tar and feathers should have accompanied the impeachment...

But just like paying Jr to speak nonsense for an hour, people have the right to buy Hunter's paintings if they so desire. In fact, this thread might make some sense if people were somehow alleging the buyers were stealing the money. Barring that, if they are spending their own money, not funds they raised by lying to others about the intended purpose, then I really don't grasp the issue...

I'm guessing that when people contributed to the Committee to elect Trump they didn't know that the money would go to Trump's private business. And it's not like they even got a deal, Trump inflated the prices so they spent more than they likely would have spent elsewhere. I mean the unsuspecting people who donated might as well have just slipped the money in Trump's pocket. What a system...
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz......*snort* zzzzz...zzzzzzzzzz.............

Reactions: Crayfish57 and NPT

Don't get in the way of their apples to oranges comparisons.

I explained it and you ignored it, because you can't refute it.

In your case, ignorance is bliss.
No, you really didn't... And any of Hunter's business deals which were supposedly detailed on his laptop during the Campaign would be definition basically encompass time when his dad was NOT in Govt. I mean I read one of the linked articles, and they were talking about a list of emails from 2017?

Why would I care about that? Trump was President, Biden left Govt officially on Jan 20, 2017, but he'd been a lame-duck from 2016 on, didn't run for office in 2016. So anything Hunter Biden did in 2017 involved him being totally removed from Govt, even more of a Private citizen than he was when his dad was VP, but Hunter still was totally removed from Govt...

Pubs are angry because they thought those revelations would harm Biden, but that was the hopeful expectation that just the idea of an appearance of impropriety would overwhelm logic and stick. Because in reality there just anything there that mattered...
Don't vote for Biden because his son is a druggie, compared to questions people already had about Trump and his family?

At the time of all of these "events" Biden was a professor at U Penn, he was active in writing for Foreign Affairs and other political science media. But he was not in Govt. No taxpayer involvement, no power, no means to influence US policy towards a foreign corporation...And in 2017, most people on the Dem side weren't even looking at Biden for an election that was 3+ yrs away...

"There was obviously some kind of quid pro quo but the details aren’t out yet. In May of 2017 under the subject line “Expectations,” one thread spelled out details of “remuneration packages” for six people in a business venture. Hunter was identified as the “chair/vice-chair depending on agreement with CEFC.” His pay was “850” and he “has some office expectations he will elaborate.” Those “expectations” allegedly included access to his father on demand. That seems to have quite a bit of substance when you consider what the Post reported Wednesday."

What does any of that even mean, and seriously why should I be concerned about a US businessman in 2017 trying to set up deals abroad? Do you think there aren't rich GOP Capitalists out there doing the same thing? None of this makes any sense. There's just no US taxpayer involvement- I just don't get the faux outrage...And Trump was President...

Last edited:
No, you really didn't... And any of Hunter's business deals which were supposedly detailed on his laptop during the Campaign would be definition basically encompass time when his dad was NOT in Govt. I mean I read one of the linked articles, and they were talking about a list of emails from 2017?

Why would I care about that? Trump was President, Biden left Govt officially on Jan 20, 2017, but he'd been a lame-duck from 2016 on, didn't run for office in 2016. So anything Hunter Biden did in 2017 involved him being totally removed from Govt, even more of a Private citizen than he was when his dad was VP, but Hunter still was totally removed from Govt...

Pubs are angry because they thought those revelations would harm Biden, but that was the hopeful expectation that just the idea of an appearance of impropriety would overwhelm logic and stick. Because in reality there just anything there that mattered...
Don't vote for Biden because his son is a druggie, compared to questions people already had about Trump and his family?

At the time of all of these "events" Biden was a professor at U Penn, he was active in writing for Foreign Affairs and other political science media. But he was not in Govt. No taxpayer involvement, no power, no means to influence US policy towards a foreign corporation...And in 2017, most people on the Dem side weren't even looking at Biden for an election that was 3+ yrs away...

"There was obviously some kind of quid pro quo but the details aren’t out yet. In May of 2017 under the subject line “Expectations,” one thread spelled out details of “remuneration packages” for six people in a business venture. Hunter was identified as the “chair/vice-chair depending on agreement with CEFC.” His pay was “850” and he “has some office expectations he will elaborate.” Those “expectations” allegedly included access to his father on demand. That seems to have quite a bit of substance when you consider what the Post reported Wednesday."

What does any of that even mean, and seriously why should I be concerned about a US businessman in 2017 trying to set up deals abroad? Do you think there aren't rich GOP Capitalists out there doing the same thing? None of this makes any sense. There's just no US taxpayer involvement- I just don't get the faux outrage...And Trump was President...
Did you forget which ID you're posting under? I was replying to Goat.

I don't take you seriously enough to respond. You're a hopeless partisan hack.

That's just plain not true. Plenty of us are capable and willing to criticize our own side. Maybe you "always" justify your team, but don't project that on everyone else.
I think the prosecutions of several Republicans during Trump's term demonstrates your point.

I won't be surprised if several Democrats get prosecuted during Biden's term too.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Did you forget which ID you're posting under? I was replying to Goat.

I don't take you seriously enough to respond. You're a hopeless partisan hack.
I was agreeing with Goat, that you never explained why we should care. And it's cute that you want to try and dismiss me as a poster when the reality is I even looked at your wing nut link and took the time to respond...

The whole Pub gambit with the Hunter laptop was hoping to cast doubt with wavering Pubs who were leaning Biden, the same way the announcement of the FBI reopening the email investigation worked in 2016. But your own wingnut link specifically lists correspondence from 2017 which basically undermines the whole "influence peddling" mantra...

It just doesn't involve US taxpayers or even US citizens. It resonates with people looking for any reason to attack Biden, but I certainly don't see any hint of illegality It's 2017, and Biden is NOT involved in Govt- the POTUS, Senate, and House are all under Pub control. People are stupid and some might have actually thought it meant something, but in reality, it just doesn't.

You can't even explain why Hunter's activities in 2017 should concern any of us...

I think the prosecutions of several Republicans during Trump's term demonstrates your point.

I won't be surprised if several Democrats get prosecuted during Biden's term too.
Five Cabinet officials referred to DOJ for CRIMINAL PROSECUTION following IG investigations. Another Trump (dubious) record that may never be topped...

Yeah, right. Be sure to point that out when it happens.

Hope you're not holding your breath.

We have the Mods we deserve.
That's not the way to ingratiate yourself to be a mod yourself.

You need to learn better suck-up skills. I'm sure Goat would be willing to give you some pointers.

You need to learn better suck-up skills. I'm sure Goat would be willing to give you some pointers.
I wanted to make a Goat, Professor Willy Brown, passing law school joke. But I stopped myself.

We have the Mods we deserve.

It appears they'd rather complain about there not being enough help than just sucking it up and doing what it takes to get it.

Of course, I sure as hell wouldn't do it for the minimum.

It appears they'd rather complain about there not being enough help than just sucking it up and doing what it takes to get it.

Of course, I sure as hell wouldn't do it for the minimum.
If you want a mod job, maybe listen to Ken Colemen and his proximity principle. But there isn't really anything wrong with being a lot lizard if you can't cut it. .

I don’t think a man or woman exists that can transcend the parties.

what planet have you been living on.

most of the Pub representatives and senators would offer up their wives to Trump, on top of letting him control their every vote, and every speech, if needed for his endorsement.

i didn't think it could happen either.

IT DID!

photo.jpg

60a81c60641c3.image.jpg

GettyImages-1294933183a.jpg

kevin-mccarthy_0110-1024x537.jpg

Yeah, right. Be sure to point that out when it happens.

Hope you're not holding your breath.
You know your post doesn't actually say what you think it says...

The Cabinet members who were referred for Prosecution were referred by INSPECTOR GENERALS following internal investigations. Trump was POTUS, so none of those IGs were appointed by Dems.

Who appoints IGs?

The President

The President nominates IGs at Cabinet-level departments and major agencies with Senate confirmation.

In other words, it was GOP-appointed IGs who felt those Cabinet members needed to be referred for trial NOT Dems...Like I said, a record for a 4 yr period that will likely never be broken...

The real scandal is that Trump's lackeys in the DOJ refused to prosecute a single case, which 5 DIFFERENT GOP Appointed IGs recommended...

You know your post doesn't actually say what you think it says...

The Cabinet members who were referred for Prosecution were referred by INSPECTOR GENERALS following internal investigations. Trump was POTUS, so none of those IGs were appointed by Dems.

Who appoints IGs?

The President

The President nominates IGs at Cabinet-level departments and major agencies with Senate confirmation.

In other words, it was GOP-appointed IGs who felt those Cabinet members needed to be referred for trial NOT Dems...Like I said, a record for a 4 yr period that will likely never be broken...

The real scandal is that Trump's lackeys in the DOJ refused to prosecute a single case, which 5 DIFFERENT GOP Appointed IGs recommended...
Like I said, notify me when an Democrats are charged. I'll wait.

In the meantime, I hope you do hold your breath.

Goat knows that too but will stick his head in the sand and play like he doesn’t.
No, I don't know that, because I don't assume that someone is or is not corrupt based on political affiliation. Show me the facts, and I'll "know" something. Otherwise, you're just being a partisan hack for making assumptions about the other party you never would have made about your own.

At least IGW is consistent. He thinks it's a given that both parties are hopelessly corrupt. He assumes the worst about everyone in government, whether R or D.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
No, I don't know that, because I don't assume that someone is or is not corrupt based on political affiliation. Show me the facts, and I'll "know" something. Otherwise, you're just being a partisan hack for making assumptions about the other party you never would have made about your own.

At least IGW is consistent. He thinks it's a given that both parties are hopelessly corrupt. He assumes the worst about everyone in government, whether R or D.
He’s right !

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT