ADVERTISEMENT

Who get's drafted and signs on this year's team?

Shuski

All-Big Ten
Aug 28, 2001
I would guess that we lose quite a few of our juniors this year. It will be interesting to see where some of them get drafted and whether they come back or sign a MLB contract.

Do see some young guys that have the chance to step up and contribute next year. I especially like the freshman infielders like Ashley, Barr and Walker. Gorski for one more year is a good start to build around and hopefully some of the pitchers really up their games by next spring.

I enjoyed watching this year and already look forward to see what can be put together next year. The roster usually goes through a lot of changes by the time spring play starts.

I would guess that we lose quite a few of our juniors this year. It will be interesting to see where some of them get drafted and whether they come back or sign a MLB contract.

Do see some young guys that have the chance to step up and contribute next year. I especially like the freshman infielders like Ashley, Barr and Walker. Gorski for one more year is a good start to build around and hopefully some of the pitchers really up their games by next spring.

I enjoyed watching this year and already look forward to see what can be put together next year. The roster usually goes through a lot of changes by the time spring play starts.
Haven’t seen that any of them
Have been drafted. Only Stiever has been I believe

For those in the know... If the juniors are not drafted by round 15, are they more likely to come back to IU for their senior season. Not sure about the money at this juncture. Would likely think they might be better off coming back and try to make some noise and get noticed instead of playing minor league single A. Hopefully they would get a higher draft status.

I'll preface this with "not that I'm in the know"..

but the money at this point is most certainly irrelevant. The slot value of picks in the 10th round is already down to $143-136K, by the time you get down to say the 22nd, and then take 40% off for taxes, another 10% or whatever for an agent, they are looking at just enough to buy a new vehicle.

IMO it's tough to make the leap from the twenty-something round all the way up to top 5 or so (where the money starts to matter a bit) between your Jr and Sr seasons... it happens, but is the rare exception.

But, it really comes down to the individual. I'm sure some of them have already made up their mind that they will go if drafted at all... and get started in what they are hoping will be their profession... selfishly I hope they stay so we can watch them another season, but if it were me I wouldn't waste the opportunity to get my foot in the door!

Thanks jmbennett, I figured that the money would not be overwhelming at that juncture. Hoping that all Juniors come back and give it one more ride. Just being a selfish Hoosier Fan. I do wish all of them the best for their futures. Cause.... they can all say (my best imitation of Coach Bill Mallory) I'm a Hoooossssiiiieeeerrrr!!!!

Reactions: jmbennett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT