ADVERTISEMENT

Who does Trayce Jackson remind you of as other big man in the BT

ciggar_man

Benchwarmer
Dec 23, 2009
How about Jared Sullinger, Ohio ST almost unstoppable around basket maybe a bit taller but not quiet as strong that my pick?

Haven't seen him against good enough competition yet to say really, but I guess his game profiles similar to DJ White...

He reminds me a little bit of Jared Jeffries with his lean frame, the way he runs, long, good rim protector, and demeanor. Even with a lean frame, JJ’s lower half was surprisingly strong and he could defend in the post and didn’t get pushed around. TJD seems stronger with his post defense than I expected but we haven’t seen him go against quality bigs yet either.

I don’t see Jeffries or Henderson. They both had mid range and could shoot 3’s. Jeffries ran some point in high school too. The DJ white comparison is pretty good. I think his game is closer to Zeller. If he develops a shot he won’t be with us long.

He is a lot stronger Henderson an Jeffries not as quick as either one more refine than DJ White LOL can run the floor like Zeller but maybe he can finsh better on lower block he so strong. Roy Tarpley when he develops a better jumper he can rebound play D like Tarpley now don't know about his morals.LOL

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
He reminds me a little bit of Jared Jeffries with his lean frame, the way he runs, long, good rim protector, and demeanor. Even with a lean frame, JJ’s lower half was surprisingly strong and he could defend in the post and didn’t get pushed around. TJD seems stronger with his post defense than I expected but we haven’t seen him go against quality bigs yet either.
I thought of the Jared Jeffries comparison a couple weeks ago. That said, I was talking to my brother in CA the other day after the last game and he mentioned the TJ-D dunk attempt from the foul line. I told him I haven’t seen a windmill jam attempt like that at IU since the Rev Ray Tolbert.

Eww no, TJD is FAR more athletic than Zeller.
Zeller was a straight up post up player with great foot work untill he was running up the court tripping over himself
What are you talking about. Cody could run the floor with the best of them. I also remember him as a freshman getting a steal and dribbling 3/4 length of the floor and going in for a slam. And he looked like an all-American doing it. Clumsy he was not!

What are you talking about. Cody could run the floor with the best of them. I also remember him as a freshman getting a steal and dribbling 3/4 length of the floor and going in for a slam. And he looked like an all-American doing it. Clumsy he was not!

We have different memories.
I remember him flopping around on the court at times like a fish outa water
Are you being serious? A #4 pick in the draft?

Yes

TJD is like Marco Killingsworth, Lol

Except taller, alot leaner, more composed, better control, better vision, better FT shooter, way more upside: and wouldn’t get winded after Dunking on a Dookie team (ala Marco after his huge dunk over Dunk to get crowd wild disappeared rest of the game)

so yeah... TJD is nothing like Killingsworth except left handed and a sh!t ton better

Zeller was a straight up post up player with great foot work untill he was running up the court tripping over himself
tenor.gif

TJD now is a little better than Jarrad Odle as a senior...

TJD will get much better in his 4 years at IU.

You guys claiming 1 and done are not recognizing the 4 guard line-ups and weak no-names we have played...

TJD now is a little better than Jarrad Odle as a senior...

TJD will get much better in his 4 years at IU.

You guys claiming 1 and done are not recognizing the 4 guard line-ups and weak no-names we have played...

Yeah agree no way OAD, unless TJD goes off for 18/10 in B1G, wins first team All-B1G

Nonetheless good to see him kicking some a$$ even against mediocre talent.

Will be fun to see him against FSU, rest of the finally tough schedule

Yeah agree no way OAD, unless TJD goes off for 18/10 in B1G, wins first team All-B1G

Nonetheless good to see him kicking some a$$ even against mediocre talent.

Will be fun to see him against FSU, rest of the finally tough schedule
Never fear TJD will step his game against the rest of the BT lol i hope

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Wasn’t one of the national sites having a Gazeller watch or something?

TJD is like Marco Killingsworth, Lol

Except taller, alot leaner, more composed, better control, better vision, better FT shooter, way more upside: and wouldn’t get winded after Dunking on a Dookie team (ala Marco after his huge dunk over Dunk to get crowd wild disappeared rest of the game)

so yeah... TJD is nothing like Killingsworth except left handed and a sh!t ton better
Killingsworth was brute strength underneath the basket with no finesse elsewhere. He was a flash in the pan, gastronomically speaking, but thank God Above we had him when we did. I’ll take Jackson-Davis over “Mr K” any ole day.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU

Watch a few of his full court runs in the NBA that end with a thundering dunk. He’s not tripping over himself. When he goes to the court it’s generally a flop.

You must’ve drank heavily those years. Zeller scored better than anyone in the draft combine. Scored the best in agility tests and vertical in the ten years prior.

Im just telling you what I saw with him at IU. Not when he was in elementary school.
Zeller was a great player. But he was also very prone to flopping around on the court

Im just telling you what I saw with him at IU. Not when he was in elementary school.
Zeller was a great player. But he was also very prone to flopping around on the court

Seriously go look at Zeller’s NBA combine numbers. He’s athletic. Any flopping you saw on the court was intentional. That was about the only thing in his game I never liked. I think he started doing it in high school because refs usually let the smaller opposition beat the heck out of him. Flopping was a way to try and gets refs’ attention.

Just admit you were wrong or thinking of another player....why double down on a statement so blatantly wrong? We all saw the same games. Maybe try defining what “flopping around on the court” means.

He wasn’t a gangly un athletic player at IU either. As I said he flopped far to often on fouls but it wasn’t lack of athletic ability.

We will have to agree to disagree then I suppose as I stand firm and always will on this very subject.
He looked as of a player wearing like cowboy boots as he ran. Very tipsy topsy

Just admit you were wrong or thinking of another player....why double down on a statement so blatantly wrong? We all saw the same games. Maybe try defining what “flopping around on the court” means

How coincidental I just addressed all your wishes in my last message without reading it first....
And N O , I ABSOLUTELY STAND BEHIND MY COMMENT.

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE NBA.
IM TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE WAS AT IU...
The NBA combine happens before the draft. In other words, it was while he was still at IU.

No one except you is saying he is/was not very athletic and clumsy. His athleticism is a big part of the reason he was drafted at #4. Face it, you're wrong here. I guess all college and NBA teams can give a sigh of relief that you're not on the payroll to evaluate talent.

Last edited:
I watched many of his games from 5th grade through 8th grade and all his high school and college games. I never saw him running in boots.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....ance-should-reinvigorate-draft-stock.amp.html

Oh soo thats what it is. Youre taking it personal...instead of looking at it unbiased.

One of Zeller's strengths while he was at IU, was running the floor. Not sure where you get the flopping around stuff.

I got it from watchin him while at IU.
Great player, but it was definitely his biggest flaw

Oh soo thats what it is. Youre taking it personal...instead of looking at it unbiased.

I got it from watchin him while at IU.
Great player, but it was definitely his biggest flaw

I am not taking it personal at all. He’s not my kid but he was a fine young man as were his brothers. You’re just wrong on this. Was the article I attached bias?

One of Zeller's strengths while he was at IU, was running the floor. Not sure where you get the flopping around stuff.

Still remember the B1G/ACC challenge against UNC. Zeller ran UNC off the floor. Being able to get out and run the floor was.one of his strongest attributes. Anyone who saw him as awkward or whatever must have been inebriated for an entire season.

ADVERTISEMENT