ADVERTISEMENT

Which game on our schedule...

ESalum86

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
...do you want to win the most?

Of course, we all want to win them all, and beat PU soundly every year. Deep down, there is one game you want more than any to win. Which one and why?

For me, it is Michigan. The primary reason is I have seen IU beat every big team (Nebraska excluded) except UM. I was at a wedding on that glorious day in 1987. I don't think the game was televised. If it was, I don't know why I didn't record it. Secondary reason; my wife and in-laws, being from northern Michigan, are all closet UM fans. Final reason, we've been so close so many times in the past 10 years and couldn't finish.

I believe the game was picked up by ABC though I'm not sure how widely it was broadcast. I think there may be a copy of the broadcast up on YouTube. I can't reach it from work to verify however.

As much as I want to beat OSU and Michigan, I always want our Hoosiers to win the Purdue game more than any other.

...do you want to win the most?

Of course, we all want to win them all, and beat PU soundly every year. Deep down, there is one game you want more than any to win. Which one and why?

For me, it is Michigan. The primary reason is I have seen IU beat every big team (Nebraska excluded) except UM. I was at a wedding on that glorious day in 1987. I don't think the game was televised. If it was, I don't know why I didn't record it. Secondary reason; my wife and in-laws, being from northern Michigan, are all closet UM fans. Final reason, we've been so close so many times in the past 10 years and couldn't finish.
Ohio State.

In recent years IU have played O$U tough in Bloomington (onsides kick 4 yrs ago, Diamont prayer 2 years ago).

A win would turn 'BREAKTHROUGH' into reality.

Reactions: iulb and Indiana66
I want Ohio State and it's not even close. I was at a match up in B-town (few years ago) and a buckeye asked me and my friends why we bother to come to the games. Pissed me off. Hate the arrogance. Whip their ass. Then Wisky. Then "M". Then Boilers.
I hate to lose most to the Boilers in any sport.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: ESalum86 and RBB89
Beating OSU in the first game of the season on a Thursday night would set the tone and cement everything that Coach Allen has said. All day Friday on ESPN and Fox sports they'd be showing the upset. Can't get better exposure than that. Lagow and the OL will need to have the game of their lives but it's possible. Plus I'll be there and like to say I saw it live. LOL.

Reactions: ESalum86
OSU. Although I'd be fine with OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisco. MSU would be nice as well but I wouldn't count that as a breakthrough game.

No I'm not kidding. IU has a very legit chance of being right there at the end of that game to win it. Have you watched the recent games between the two schools?

Reactions: Indiana66
The 48-17 win that we will have over Purdue.

The biggest margin of victory you had over Purdue during the Hazell era (aka our worst 4-year stretch ever) was 20 points yet you'll beat us by 31 now that we have a competent coach? Lol

The biggest margin of victory you had over Purdue during the Hazell era (aka our worst 4-year stretch ever) was 20 points yet you'll beat us by 31 now that we have a competent coach? Lol
That 56 to 36 game we were up by like 35 at one point. Also, I like Brohm, but PU is probably going to be really bad this year. The talent level is really poor.

That 56 to 36 game we were up by like 35 at one point. Also, I like Brohm, but PU is probably going to be really bad this year. The talent level is really poor.

I don't disagree about our talent level overall. We have talented players but just don't have the depth. Our starters aren't terrible but the drop-off from starter to back-up is significant. I just don't think we'll lose by 4+ TD's especially considering I don't think your offense will be as good this year. Do you think you'll have a better offensive unit this year?

I don't disagree about our talent level overall. We have talented players but just don't have the depth. Our starters aren't terrible but the drop-off from starter to back-up is significant. I just don't think we'll lose by 4+ TD's especially considering I don't think your offense will be as good this year. Do you think you'll have a better offensive unit this year?

Mike Debord gets the ball in the endzone more than KW does.

No I'm not kidding. IU has a very legit chance of being right there at the end of that game to win it. Have you watched the recent games between the two schools?
You do realize we have your old head coach as our knew offensive coordinator and loaded on offense Will be out to prove how potent they are. One of the top defensive lines in the country JT is back and will flourish in this offense's.OSU is young talented and deep and picked for the playoffs again by many people there is a reason they are.Also first game of the year and wanting to wash out that Clemson game don't thing Hoosiers have a chance and I am not along. Urban is recruiting at a amazing rate even for OSU.

You do realize we have your old head coach as our knew offensive coordinator and loaded on offense Will be out to prove how potent they are. One of the top defensive lines in the country JT is back and will flourish in this offense's.OSU is young talented and deep and picked for the playoffs again by many people there is a reason they are.Also first game of the year and wanting to wash out that Clemson game don't thing Hoosiers have a chance and I am not along. Urban is recruiting at a amazing rate even for OSU.
Holy God dude, learn how to type. Knew? Thing? Along? Ever heard of punctuation?

What exactly do you think Kevin Wilson is going to throw out there that is going to be so mind-boggling that our defense will fall apart? It's still Urban Meyer's offense. Ohio State having talent and good coaches isn't anything new.

Definitely O$U....for many reasons, but first and foremost, it's our first game. After that, the 2nd will be the next important.

And I know the guy is a troll, but to say we don't have a chance because they are a top 5 team....well, that is incorrect. I do believe they were a top 5 team when they came into Bloomington 2 years ago and we dominated them for the first half. And then let the game get away in the 2nd, but still only lost 34-27. We had a chance then, and we certainly have a chance this year. I personally think we have a better team this year. Maybe not offensively but definitely defensively, and defense wins games.

First, Put down the bottle.

Second, JT will not "flourish" in that system. He cant throw the ball down field. KW will be taking deep shots all game and that's on the bottom of the list when talking about JT's strengths as a QB. Also, who is JT going to throw to? Competent OSU fans know that after the front 7 the team has a lot of question marks. Sure you have a top 5 team but didn't you have a top 5 team when you lost to VA tech the first game of the season a few years back. Oh yeah the year you won a title? Haha.. Just be sure not to be to worried about OU week 2 or your going to be shitting a brick that whole week trying to figure out how to avoid starting out 0-2

I do believe they were a top 5 team when they came into Bloomington 2 years ago and we dominated them for the first half. And then let the game get away in the 2nd
Good post, but just want to clarify a couple of things about that game two years ago.

OSU was No. 1 when we played them. We really didn't let the game get away in the second half. Playing without Sudfeld and Howard, we were down by just seven and had 1st and goal from the OSU 6 with just under a minute left. Diamont threw what looked like a TD pass to Fuchs in the corner of the end zone that was broken up on an outstanding play by Vonn Bell. On the last play of the game there were two defensive penalties but neither was called.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game on 8/31 is also decided late. Should be a dogfight.

I really do think that the IU-OSU game could be a defensive battle, meaning it's a lower scoring game than most people think.

IU has a nice defense with a solid if not very good back 7. They know Wilson's schemes better than anyone in America. IU is obviously the dog going in but I think this game shapes up as a tough, tough out for OSU.

Reactions: Tokyo Steve

IU had a 49-9 lead at one point in that game.

Boiler, I enjoy you coming to this board. But please end your rant that IU has only won recently because CDH was PU's worst ever coach. Joe Tiller fattened his Bucket record coaching against Cam Cameron and Gerry DiNardo.

Boiler, I enjoy you coming to this board. But please end your rant that IU has only won recently because CDH was PU's worst ever coach. Joe Tiller fattened his Bucket record coaching against Cam Cameron and Gerry DiNardo.
Exactly, that goes both ways. We could just claim that we've had a really really bad string of luck over the past 50 years.

You don't think Hazell played a big role in us losing the bucket the last 4 years? Heck Danny Hope wasn't a good coach and he won it 3 out of 4 years. It's not the ONLY reason but it's a pretty big reason.

You don't think Hazell played a big role in us losing the bucket the last 4 years? Heck Danny Hope wasn't a good coach and he won it 3 out of 4 years. It's not the ONLY reason but it's a pretty big reason.

Don't put words into my mouth. I pointed out we have taken advantage of a weak PU coach the last four years in the same manner Tiller took advantage of weak coaches during his tenure.

The biggest issue the past couple years is IU has a definite advantage in talent and depth across the board.

Don't put words into my mouth. I pointed out we have taken advantage of a weak PU coach the last four years in the same manner Tiller took advantage of weak coaches during his tenure.

The biggest issue the past couple years is IU has a definite advantage in talent and depth across the board.

I'll agree with that. My apologies.

First, Put down the bottle.

Second, JT will not "flourish" in that system. He cant throw the ball down field. KW will be taking deep shots all game and that's on the bottom of the list when talking about JT's strengths as a QB. Also, who is JT going to throw to? Competent OSU fans know that after the front 7 the team has a lot of question marks. Sure you have a top 5 team but didn't you have a top 5 team when you lost to VA tech the first game of the season a few years back. Oh yeah the year you won a title? Haha.. Just be sure not to be to worried about OU week 2 or your going to be shitting a brick that whole week trying to figure out how to avoid starting out 0-2
Tell me who even in this nation thinks IU will be anything but a middle the pack Big 10 team you can not match OSU in talent or depth..Yeah they lost to V Tech I was there, but what happened after that .Has IU ever won anything in football in modern times or better yet in your life time.
.Wilson offense never had the talent there he will at OSU .Go back and watch JT his freshman and Shop more year under Herman. The offense sucked under who was there last year. That is why Urban made the change. I will be at the game and well gladly meet you before or after to discuss you mouth and I am a 64 year old man.Its a shame that people cant come on here and discuss the game. But I guess it figures when you root for a team. that has never won anything .But good news you got a hell of a basketball coach had the pleasure of watching him the last five years at Dayton. He will get the job done. Good luck with the season maybe you can get bowl eligible. By the way good look at OSU depth chart you will see who they have to throw to, highly rated all and some that were injured last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT