ADVERTISEMENT

Which experts do we trust

WeRE you not a Trump backer? Didn't he take credit for the vaccines?
The tRUMP took credit for everything under the sun, & more. He lies like a rug, & always has. You know he's lying, when you see his lips moving. Ironically, of all the American people who refused to take the vaccine, & ended up dying, most were probably tRUMP supporters. 'survival of the fittest', lets nature take it's course. RIP GOP

Yeah but .....
Yeah but, you hate to publicly admit it. Voting for him once is (somewhat) understandable/acceptable, for those who never researched him, are too lazy to do their homework, or are just plain ignorant, but voting for him more than once is unacceptable, if you consider yourself intelligent, wise, or sane. Guess that leaves you out. (JI, SS,MG,TW & ZE) :O

tRUMP threw our NSA advisors, Coats & intel experts under the bus, when defending Putin & Russia's intel agencies on the 2016 election fraud investigation. Defend that. 45 = worst American president, ever!

• Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw
Rather weak deflection attempt.

GE doesn't have $Billions of government propaganda and coercion seeking to force citizens to submit to dangerous action.

The Masters count upon stupid and compliant people.
Keep drinking the orange Kool aid. You won't get any smarter, but you might be able to donate to the

'Make America Room Temperature Again' campaign.

tRUMP (& party leadership) turned more Americans away from the (R) Party, than any other president in American history.

How much money did you donate to him? He lied like a rug on how much wall he got built. US Border Patrol said he only built about 46 miles of new wall, while the orange lying machine claims he built hundreds of miles. tRump also tried to take credit for wall financed & authorized/appropriated under Obama.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw
True, but consider all the Mensa members he brought into the party.
Yep, zero. He won't ever be nominated again. Turtle & Kevin will see to that. He thinks Kevin is on his side, but Kevin knows Trump is on the way out, & sticking with him during another election, could be politically fatal/'not good'. Kevin is very much like Trump, he looks out for himself, & only himself. Kevin is much smarter than Trump though.

Physicians/general practitioners like that are not experts on the covid vaccines either. Increasingly, they are part of a corporate hospital group, not independent.

Seeing a doctor like that for physicals and blood panels once or twice a year isn't enough basis to trust his/her opinion on Covid more than that of the government health authorities and industry experts who are actually working on Covid vaccine issues.
Wrong

Physicians/general practitioners like that are not experts on the covid vaccines either. Increasingly, they are part of a corporate hospital group, not independent.

Seeing a doctor like that for physicals and blood panels once or twice a year isn't enough basis to trust his/her opinion on Covid more than that of the government health authorities and industry experts who are actually working on Covid vaccine issues.
Stupid.

I’ll trust the doc who is sitting in the same room as I am, who sees and treats hundreds of patients like me and who is willing to answer my questions before I’ll trust one who likes to appear on TV and expound about how much they know and don’t see a single patient.

A couple of days ago, my doc recommended the 3rd shot. My instinct was to not take it. I questioned her and we talked about her recommendation for at least 10 minutes. Her riesident was with us and joined in. They never mentioned that it was good for the team. It was all about me, their patient. I took the shot.

OOOPS, Ivermectin is gaining some speed based on results.

Democrats PLEASE stop helping, YOUR help is killing us.

Reactions: Lucy01
Stupid.

I’ll trust the doc who is sitting in the same room as I am, who sees and treats hundreds of patients like me and who is willing to answer my questions before I’ll trust one who likes to appear on TV and expound about how much they know and don’t see a single patient.

A couple of days ago, my doc recommended the 3rd shot. My instinct was to not take it. I questioned her and we talked about her recommendation for at least 10 minutes. Her riesident was with us and joined in. They never mentioned that it was good for the team. It was all about me, their patient. I took the shot.
So if she told you to wash your mouth out with Iodine, you'd go with it?

They knew what would motivate you, and what wouldn't.
Lol. This isn’t rocket science Mark. Any physician, lawyer, or othe professional are well aware their duties and obligations to their patients and clients.

See, scientists change their mind as facts become available. So yes, this means flip flopping but I would argue that is what all of us should do.

Early on, we had no good ideas about Sars-cov-2. So they tried extrapolating based on other viruses. It is how we go about everything. Take your car to a mechanic and describe a sound. They have an idea of what that means, then they look at that. It would be a poor mechanic that says "sounds like a bad plug, they all look good and test good but that was my first diagnosis so that is all I am going to fix".

So yes, early on people were told things like "wipe down your food" and not to mask. As data comes in, recommendations change. For some reason many of us do not like that. But they don't simultaneously discount the "hydroxy cures everything", "it will magically disappear in warm weather" crowd.

I am comforted by following the data. People should be rewarded for that. At the moment I cannot find evidence for dewormer. If a good study comes in and shows it works, great, everyone should jump on board.
The problem Marv is when they don't know something they won't just say "I don't know". That would be a lot better than saying X and 5 days later saying something that contradicts that. They think it looks bad if they say "I don't know". They could have said "We don't know if it's necessary to wipe down your food or wear masks because we don't have enough data." but no, they give recommendations with not enough data... real scientists make decisions based on data.

The problem Marv is when they don't know something they won't just say "I don't know". That would be a lot better than saying X and 5 days later saying something that contradicts that. They think it looks bad if they say "I don't know". They could have said "We don't know if it's necessary to wipe down your food or wear masks because we don't have enough data." but no, they give recommendations with not enough data... real scientists make decisions based on data.

With no data they tried making best guesses. So they looked at other diseases like influenza. It worked on a lot, but was wrong on some (wash your groceries).

With no data they tried making best guesses. So they looked at other diseases like influenza. It worked on a lot, but was wrong on some (wash your groceries).
It's called inference by analogy, and is an important step in the research process. It is a probabilistic one, so it must eventually be confirmed (or discarded) by further research.

Edited to add: and in some cases, it might be the best we can do. Take masks, for example. It's almost impossible to do robust research on mask-wearing (and it is strictly impossible to do a double-blind study). But we can test them in labs, and see that they are capable of blocking some amount of airborne particles, so we infer that they will also accomplish the same while worn by a human.

It's called inference by analogy, and is an important step in the research process. It is a probabilistic one, so it must eventually be confirmed (or discarded) by further research.

Edited to add: and in some cases, it might be the best we can do. Take masks, for example. It's almost impossible to do robust research on mask-wearing (and it is strictly impossible to do a double-blind study). But we can test them in labs, and see that they are capable of blocking some amount of airborne particles, so we infer that they will also accomplish the same while worn by a human.
This is exactly right. But NPT is also right that scientists in the public light will often omit to discuss that probabilistic process in an effort to appear to know the answers and assuage fear. It's one BIG reason why Fauci should never have employed the Noble Lie.

This is exactly right. But NPT is also right that scientists in the public light will often omit to discuss that probabilistic process in an effort to appear to know the answers and assuage fear. It's one BIG reason why Fauci should never have employed the Noble Lie.
To be honest, I paid way more attention to the Indiana Covid pressers than the national ones last year. Dr. Box and Gov. Holcomb did a good job of not portraying best practice recommendations as dictated by set-in-stone fact. I think they showed how valuable a "We don't know, but we think..." spin can be.

That said, my experiences day-to-day in the state suggest they weren't fully successful. I still met a lot of people who ranged from "I'm not wearing a damn mask, I have rights!" to "Why aren't you wearing a mask? You'll kill me!"

sheep_tv.jpg

what the sheep don't grasp, is that both are watching the Wall St Network.
If the American economic engine is allowed to flourish then it flourishes. Donald Trump proved this in his one term. If Covid hadn't happened he would have be reelected because the Democrats couldn't have cheated to the point of declaring Biden the winner. The answer is for government to get out of the way. Cut taxes and CUT SPENDING. Allow the people of the U.S. to be free.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
If the American economic engine is allowed to flourish then it flourishes. Donald Trump proved this in his one term. If Covid hadn't happened he would have be reelected because the Democrats couldn't have cheated to the point of declaring Biden the winner. The answer is for government to get out of the way. Cut taxes and CUT SPENDING. Allow the people of the U.S. to be free.
Not that complicated. It actually came down to, if Trump had handled Covid-19 with a little more common sense/honesty (& did what Fauci/CDC/AMA/WHO recommended), he would still be POTUS.

Btw, in Trump's first four years, he spent more than any previous US president in any four period in American history. Ronald Reagan he AIN'T!!!

:O

Not that complicated. It actually came down to, if Trump had handled Covid-19 with a little more common sense/honesty (& did what Fauci/CDC/AMA/WHO recommended), he would still be POTUS.

Btw, in Trump's first four years, he spent more than any previous US president in any four period in American history. Ronald Reagan he AIN'T!!!

17% of voters said Coronavirus was their #1 issue. 81% of them voted for Biden.

When you only trust experts who share your own political dogma, you are putting all your trust in yourself.

Reactions: billyhillui
So do you think it was Trump's corrosive/toxic personality?

I think it was much, much more than that.

They/we all lie, Trump's just seem to be much, much bigger & more numerous/dangerous.

Final analysis

Not good

So do you think it was Trump's corrosive/toxic personality?

I think it was much, much more than that.

They/we all lie, Trump's just seem to be much, much bigger & more numerous/dangerous.

Final analysis

Not good
I was simply offering a number that might suggest the Coronavirus response was indeed the deal-breaker, as you said.

I mean, there are probably a dozen other deal-breakers, too, but all of them being equal, you might be right that a better response to the pandemic may have kept him in office.

I was simply offering a number that might suggest the Coronavirus response was indeed the deal-breaker, as you said.

I mean, there are probably a dozen other deal-breakers, too, but all of them being equal, you might be right that a better response to the pandemic may have kept him in office.
Must admit, our economy was very good pre Covid-19. Had Trump handled Covid with any significant amount of common sense, he most likely would still be president, personality or not. Remember what James Carville famously once said about American presidential elections? "It's the economy, stupid." Usually, that's very much of it.

Covid had a hand in that Trump/American economy, but Trump's Covid response had a bigger hand in his 2020 loss. He has been his own worst enemy for a long, long time.

Most unfortunate

Last edited:
Must admit, our economy was very good pre Covid-19. Had Trump handled that with any significant amount of common sense, he most likely would still be president, personality or not. Remember what James Carville famously once said about American presidential elections? "It's the economy, stupid." Usually, that's very much of it.

Covid had a hand in that Trump/American economy, but Trump's Covid response had a bigger hand in his 2020 loss. He has been his own worst enemy for a long, long time.

Most unfortunate
On the other hand, most of the substantive Covid response - especially the parts that affected the economy - were out of his hands. He could have been perfect, and the economy would have still tanked. It must have burned his ass that so many of the governors hurting his resume were Republicans.

On the other hand, most of the substantive Covid response - especially the parts that affected the economy - were out of his hands. He could have been perfect, and the economy would have still tanked. It must have burned his ass that so many of the governors hurting his resume were Republicans.
True, (the economy would have been very bad/tanked, BUT) but that's just it with Trump. He, after finding out about it in Jan. of 2020, tried to cover it up, then tried to pretend it was no big deal, all the while avoiding the advise of Fauci & other medical experts.

Trump thought he could down play Covid, it would soon go away, & our economy would somehow be saved/recover pre 2020. He guessed/played it wrong, & avoided the advise of Fauci & others. He knew if our economy was bad/real bad come 2020, his reelection chances were not good.

Either way, he handled Covid badly/very badly, & I believe it cost him the election.

True, (the economy would have been very bad/tanked, BUT) but that's just it with Trump. He, after finding out about it in Jan. of 2020, tried to cover it up, then tried to pretend it was no big deal, all the while avoiding the advise of Fauci & other medical experts.

Trump thought he could down play Covid, it would soon go away, & our economy would somehow be saved/recover pre 2020. He guessed/played it wrong, & avoided the advise of Fauci & others. He knew if our economy was bad/real bad come 2020, his reelection chances were not good.

Either way, he handled Covid badly/very badly, & I believe it cost him the election.
He should have banked everything on Warp Speed and stayed on message. It was the best part of his administration's response, but it got lost in the giant clusterf*ck that was everything else.

He should have banked everything on Warp Speed and stayed on message. It was the best part of his administration's response, but it got lost in the giant clusterf*ck that was everything else.
Yep, & instead of focusing on Covid-19, he focused on attacking Fauci, medical experts, common sense & the truth. From that point on, I knew it wouldn't end well for him.

Justice served

Yet 56% of Americans believed cheating affected the election. 1/3 of Democrats, though not in this article believed cheating happened.

Yet 56% of Americans believed cheating affected the election. 1/3 of Democrats, though not in this article believed cheating happened.
And 26% believe the sun goes around the earth.

Then state that "Based on experience with past viruses we recommend..............." and then emphasize that the recommendation is NOT based on current data. You see the same thing in corporations... some is asked a question and the speaker gives a BS answer and anyone familiar with what the speaker is talking about knows it's a BS answer but there will be a lot of people lap it up.

Co thought I should put this in a thread. Using CO, he worries about monied influence by a corp like Pfizer, but wants nuclear power. GE is the major player in nuclear power and has a long, deep history of lobbying and campaign contributions. Why trust them and the nuclear regulatory agency but not Pfizer and FDA?

Some trust the defense contractors and generals, but think AGW scientists are just out for a buck.

What is it that makes the government or scientists we trust better than the ones we don't? This can go both ways, before COVID antivaxx was more liberal than conservative and liberals are more likely to distrust DoD than FDA.

Well, Terry Bradshaw is an "expert" I don't trust. Picked the Lions.

Bengals lead 27-0 with 10 minutes to go.

Reactions: NPT
Well, Terry Bradshaw is an "expert" I don't trust. Picked the Lions.

Bengals lead 27-0 with 10 minutes to go.
I am "watching" it on gamecaster, stupid Colts always on here. The Lions are a special kind of bad, Bradshaw is as crazy as any Steeler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT