ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the buzz?

Not the first time I’ve picked a game wrong, and it won’t be the last. I’ve picked more right than wrong this season.

We got lucky today. I don’t think we’ll be as lucky in two weeks, but if we do, hooray for us.
The Hoosiers deserve a little luck.

Reactions: NatHillIV
I'm not seeing much interest in this team and the remainder of the season. I know I've lost the feeling that I need to arrange my Saturday around the IU game as I have for so many years. I'm curious how the attendance will be tomorrow, I'm guessing not good. The team in addition to suffering with poor tackling, blocking and no long ball game also lacks identy as do the players jerseys. I fear this team is headed in the wrong direction and the hope I've had for many years of a breakout has almost completely disappeared.

Why would a team that had 4 wins in November heading into this game with an uninteresting opponent have any buzz?

I’ve followed IU closely since I was a freshman at IU in 2004. The last time I cared or hoped so little was the Lynch era. I hope I’m wrong, but until the outcomes prove me wrong, I’ll continue to follow from several states away with lots of heart and little hope. I just don’t think this staff is the one to change anything of significance.

Hey bang, mushroom, SRIV, Crimson Crock and fpeaugh. Go back and read your posts over the last two weeks. You look like horse's asses.

I hope you're not too despondent over this win.
Not at all. I wish you well in your quest to not end this season in bitter disappointment when PUR wins in two weeks. Yes, I’m doubling down. And I don’t care.

Not at all. I wish you well in your quest to not end this season in bitter disappointment when PUR wins in two weeks. Yes, I’m doubling down. And I don’t care.
It must be miserable being some of you guys who has the eye ore complex who only look at things in a negative light. This is a football game played by young kids and it makes you this miserable so maybe you need to find another hobby.

We forced four turnovers, but keep spinning things negatively if that makes you happy.

I swear you and others want us to lose, so you can pound your chest and say I told you so. Sad.
Real teams don’t let a 21-6 lead become a 32-31 deficit. The turnovers were great, and were the reason we won. But don’t delude yourself into thinking we will do this again against much better teams.

Reactions: IUgradman
Real teams don’t let a 21-6 lead become a 32-31 deficit. The turnovers were great, and were the reason we won. But don’t delude yourself into thinking we will do this again against much better teams.

come on eye ore can't you ever let yourself a little bit of happiness

come on eye ore can't you ever let yourself a little bit of happiness
Sure, when Indiana consistently wins the games they’re supposed to, wins other games they’re not supposed to, and doesn’t let a patsy like MINN force our rivalry game to be a “bowl or done” situation. But this has been happening for the better part of 25 years.

I’m happy we won today. I’m not happy that we’re not already bowl eligible.

Reactions: td75 and IUgradman
Sure, when Indiana consistently wins the games they’re supposed to, wins other games they’re not supposed to, and doesn’t let a patsy like MINN force our rivalry game to be a “bowl or done” situation. But this has been happening for the better part of 25 years.

I’m happy we won today. I’m not happy that we’re not already bowl eligible.
If it makes you this miserable then why not do something else with your Saturdays. How would being bowl eligible make your life any different than it is right now. It is just a college sport which shouldn't have any effect on your life what so ever.

How’d you feel watching the NCAAs without Indiana in 2009-11, 2014, 2017 and 2018?
I still watched every game of those tournaments and enjoyed it immensely I watched it from the opening tip until One shining moment. I also watched the tournaments where we went to 3 sweet 16's as well. I use to be like you where the outcome of the game made me miserable but once I grew up and had kids it made me realize that an outcome of a game was not really important..

Oh, I enjoyed them too. But I would’ve enjoyed them even more if we were a part of it. It’s a pride thing, and when other schools are taking part in something and you’re not, it rankles. Sue me.

Hey bang, mushroom, SRIV, Crimson Crock and fpeaugh. Go back and read your posts over the last two weeks. You look like horse's asses.

Love this win. I was there. You weren’t because you like to pontificate from the comfort of your living room.

We tried everything in the book to give it away up 31-15 but somebody finally came through with a key takeaway. Seen so many of those gut-wrenching scenarios go the other way, it was nice to leave the stadium with one bounce going our way. “Horses ass” is a compliment. Been called much worse. We have a new OC next year regardless.

IU and Md both tried to give the game away and Md succeeded.

Reactions: IUgradman
I still watched every game of those tournaments and enjoyed it immensely I watched it from the opening tip until One shining moment. I also watched the tournaments where we went to 3 sweet 16's as well. I use to be like you where the outcome of the game made me miserable but once I grew up and had kids it made me realize that an outcome of a game was not really important..
Sports is a nice addition to life. It is not life itself.

We forced four turnovers, but keep spinning things negatively if that makes you happy.

I swear you and others want us to lose, so you can pound your chest and say I told you so. Sad.
Forrced is the keyword. Our guys might not be the greatest D but damn they go after that football

Reactions: IU40IU
Sports is a nice addition to life. It is not life itself.

No. It is life. It is the one thing in life that has something going on in all seasons of the year: fall, winter, spring, summer. It goes year-round. It is a huge part of life.

This is a great weekend. IU wins. Purdue getting absolutely drilled at Minny. It makes life worth living. We arrange life around sports. It is a bigger than many want to admit.

Don’t kid yourself.

Reactions: kmathum
Sure, when Indiana consistently wins the games they’re supposed to, wins other games they’re not supposed to, and doesn’t let a patsy like MINN force our rivalry game to be a “bowl or done” situation.
Minnesota's a patsy? Purdue vehemently disagrees.

Give it up, SRIV. You've living in an alternate universe.

Minnesota's a patsy? Purdue vehemently disagrees.

Give it up, SRIV. You've living in an alternate universe.
Says the person who said this before the MINN game, and I quote:

However, given their impressive turnaround including a dismantling of Ohio State Saturday night, I view the Bucket game now as a likely Purdue win. As a result, Indiana's best chances of winning two more are this Friday night at Minnesota, and the following game versus Maryland.

How big is the Minnesota game? Our season is no doubt riding on it.

So which is it? Is our season lost because we didn't win the MINN game? Or are you a freaking hypocrite?

giphy.gif

Says the person who said this before the MINN game, and I quote:

So which is it? Is our season lost because we didn't win the MINN game? Or are you a freaking hypocrite?

giphy.gif
Logic isn't you strong suit, I guess. You - - - not I - - referred to Minnesota as a patsy. We were favored in the game, and I thought we had a good chance of winning it. We made it close, but came up short.

And Purdue was looking pretty fierce when I wrote that post. Today, not so much! Minnesota looked pretty fierce today, don't you think?

P.S. I'm heading out for the night. I'm sure fpeaugh, Crimson Crush, gradman, fkfootball and one or two others are as miserable as you right now, so you might want to commiserate with them.

They did. But you did say that our season hinged on MINN, who when we lost to them was a patsy and lost the next week to ILL (who really is a patsy).

PUR still has wins over two teams who bitchslapped us. They’re still fierce. Don’t let today fool you into thinking they’re not.

P.S. I'm heading out for the night. I'm sure fpeaugh, Crimson Crush, gradman, fkfootball and one or two others are as miserable as you right now, so you might want to commiserate with them.

Sure—just duck and run away when someone calls you out on your own words. I’m not the one who said our season no doubt rode on beating MINN. And I’m far from miserable. But go ahead and think I am—I appreciate the thoughts. :)

But seriously, enjoy your evening.

Logic isn't you strong suit, I guess. You - - - not I - - referred to Minnesota as a patsy. We were favored in the game, and I thought we had a good chance of winning it. We made it close, but came up short.

And Purdue was looking pretty fierce when I wrote that post. Today, not so much! Minnesota looked pretty fierce today, don't you think?

I’m not miserable. Today was a great day. A win always is. It helped to make for a great weeekend. Let it cause you all sorts of confusion and anger and I’ll revel in today’s win.
You are too dense to differentiate passionate fans that can be angry with the leadership. You think I want to see any coach fail? This is my school and I have the right to say I want better. Shove it!

Reactions: SRIV94
No. It is life. It is the one thing in life that has something going on in all seasons of the year: fall, winter, spring, summer. It goes year-round. It is a huge part of life.

This is a great weekend. IU wins. Purdue getting absolutely drilled at Minny. It makes life worth living. We arrange life around sports. It is a bigger than many want to admit.

Don’t kid yourself.
What a sad life you live if your happiness is based on whether your team wins or losses a game where you have no influence over the outcome. If you are married and have kids and still sports is what makes life worth living for you then I say your priorities are way out of whack.

So by that logic that also means that a big win is not supposed to be celebrated well after the fact.

You can't have it both ways.
When the Colts won the Super Bowl I was very happy and it was great but the next day I woke up and had to go to work and that title did not change anything in my life. It is a lot better when yourams win and it should be celebrated but to let your mood or emotion to be effected by a loss is a problem.

What a sad life you live if your happiness is based on whether your team wins or losses a game where you have no influence over the outcome. If you are married and have kids and still sports is what makes life worth living for you then I say your priorities are way out of whack.

Don’t play innocent here Scott. I’ve watched you absolutely get consumed with IU basketball for years and lose your mind over it on the boards. You’re going to sit on here and talk to me and others about priorities and “life balance” when during b-ball season you hook yoursel to the message boards like some portable version of an internet I.V. drip. You must be spending a lot of family time glued to a message board 75% of the time. That’s good family time there and sounds pretty balanced. DWS. No different than anybody else who is caught up in sports. You are just in denial.

When the Colts won the Super Bowl I was very happy and it was great but the next day I woke up and had to go to work and that title did not change anything in my life. It is a lot better when yourams win and it should be celebrated but to let your mood or emotion to be effected by a loss is a problem.

You’ve been averaging one post every 15 minutes today. Like the rest of the loonies such as myself.

Yeah...sports are no big deal to you..

C’mon man.

Don’t play innocent here Scott. I’ve watched you absolutely get consumed with IU basketball for years and lose your mind over it on the boards. You’re going to sit on here and talk to me and others about priorities and “life balance” when during b-ball season you hook yoursel to the message boards like some portable version of an internet I.V. drip. You must be spending a lot of family time glued to a message board 75% of the time. That’s good family time there and sounds pretty balanced. DWS. No different than anybody else who is caught up in sports. You are just in denial.
Well I am divorced and my two kids are away are at college so I have the time. Yes on game days I would get upset after a loss and have done that for football as well but I can let it go and move on and not let it effect me for days. I just had to change my life because sports became an obsession and it effected my family so I decided to make a change. When my daughter was scared of my yelling at games and wanted to go to my mothers house I knew I had a problem. I did not want my daughter and son to think their dad was a nut case who thought sports were more important than my kids.

Well if I was at the game I wouldn't have been on here posting after every bad play and I would actually be watching the game.
Weather was nice until second half. Pretty sure I left a few toes in the stands.

Reactions: td75
are you unhappy that we won?

They did. But you did say that our season hinged on MINN, who when we lost to them was a patsy and lost the next week to ILL (who really is a patsy).

PUR still has wins over two teams who bitchslapped us. They’re still fierce. Don’t let today fool you into thinking they’re not.
their fierce? i'll admit minnesota is a juggernaut. but at least we kept it close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT