ADVERTISEMENT

Where are they now - Bracey Wright

Still plays the same. Bracey was a very good scorer off the dribble but he constantly looked for 3s that he shouldn't have taken. For all the offense he brought, he also made it easier for teams to guard IU because he held the ball so darn long.

But ending on a high note, he could really get to the rim and finish.

Remember him shooting 17 foot free throws because, according to CMD, he had such tremendous range, 15 was too close and he was more accurate at 17'. Beginning of a long & frustrating period of IU hoops for many yrs to come.

His last FG was an uncontested dunk as the clock ran out, at the end of a home loss of an NIT game. Perhaps the quietest dunk ever in Assembly Hall. I remember thinking that it kind of summed up his career here...could have been so much more.

Thanks a bunch for this info on one
of my favorite Hoosiers from the
state of Texas. I always figured he
would make a career in the Euro league.

Remember him shooting 17 foot free throws because, according to CMD, he had such tremendous range, 15 was too close and he was more accurate at 17'. Beginning of a long & frustrating period of IU hoops for many yrs to come.

His last FG was an uncontested dunk as the clock ran out, at the end of a home loss of an NIT game. Perhaps the quietest dunk ever in Assembly Hall. I remember thinking that it kind of summed up his career here...could have been so much more.

lol at the 17 foot free throws. You brought up a bad memory there.

He was such a good natural shooter that he seemingly should have shot somewhere in the 83-85% range instead of the 78% he walked away with. But what the heck, 78% is pretty good shooting from 17 feet. One other thing about his free throws---he got worse each year he was here.

He was a 35% career 3 point shooter here. With decent shot selection he probably would have been at 40%.

He was one guy who was pretty much the same player his first game at IU as his last game. I'm not sure that Mike Davis taught him anything about the game of basketball.

Still averaged over 15 ppg, 51% Ft % & 37% from 3. Still making really good $$ playing a game he loves! How many of us can say that?

Reactions: sdm12 and ulrey
Still averaged over 15 ppg, 51% Ft % & 37% from 3. Still making really good $$ playing a game he loves! How many of us can say that?
It's very good to hear that IU helped him make
a very good situation for himself.

Bracey was one of the early Mike Davis "help is on the way" recruits. I look back on his time at IU as one of the first steps in the wrong direction.

ADVERTISEMENT