ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time Colin Hartman hit an open jumper??? (NM)

I think his injuries (going back to high school) and lack of practice and playing time have taken their toll on him. Joints are never the same after breaking them and/or tearing ligaments. I don’t give a damn how good the surgeon and rehab are.

Reactions: ROBBOB
Hartman is good for being another game day body on the court while a more talented player receives a blow (so to speak), another player in practice to help run drills and a cheerleader who lends encouragement when on the sidelines. "Nothing more," quote the raven at the door.

Reactions: IUgradman
While I really like Smith's potential, have you ever seen a dude that gets stuffed at the rim and/or blows dunks like him??? I'm attributing it to him being a freshman. Eternal optimist....

McHoop

While I really like Smith's potential, have you ever seen a dude that gets stuffed at the rim and/or blows dunks like him??? I'm attributing it to him being a freshman. Eternal optimist....

McHoop
Let's hope that is all it is. He definitely shows his talent is periodic flashes, not often enough. Its one thing to be super athletic, capable of jumping in great leaps and bounds but it is another thing to be an super athlete like this who is also capable of playing the game of basketball. Some super athletes are better off being track stars than they are basketball stars. We'll see later where Smith's natural talent, as it relates to being an IU basketball player, takes him.

Reactions: IUgradman
Crean’s last recruiting class might have been his worst one. Wow, how badly do you have to suck for that to happen? It’s like he was trying to get fired. How do you piss off coaches in this state? Guy has a completely unfounded arrogance. Kind of like Grigson.

I think his injuries (going back to high school) and lack of practice and playing time have taken their toll on him. Joints are never the same after breaking them and/or tearing ligaments. I don’t give a damn how good the surgeon and rehab are.

I agree with this. It seems like he started hitting 3's when he first got back.... but then he had this shoulder issue... and he just hasn't been able to hit since. :(

Only in about 95% of the freshmen across the country who play meaningful min. Freshmen usually have a hard time taking it up strong and finishing against solid defenders. Nothing new. Just freshman mistakes. As far as CH, shoulder injuries are tough to play through. He has a harness. I'm sure it limits mobility. He very likely could be wearing it the rest of the season. He brings other things. Hope he can get used to it, but he is still more than "just a body".

McHoop

Crean did not ruin the program. Sampson did. Crean just tried to find the quickest way back. It was a short term fix. The interim president that hired that criminal Sampson has led us down this path. Archie was not my first choice (Alford was) but I hope he can get us back into the top 25 consistently and relevant in the BIG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT