ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last IU bowl win?

Copper Bowl - did you not watch the game last night? They showed highlights from that particular game and made a big deal about the winless drought of 28 years (and now, still counting).
On vacation in Florida.
I recorded the game on my DVR and watched parts of the game at a relative's house that are Ohio State and Purdue fans so they were not interested at all in the IU game. In fact they said 7pm when IU loses again.

On vacation in Florida.
I recorded the game on my DVR and watched parts of the game at a relative's house that are Ohio State and Purdue fans so they were not interested at all in the IU game. In fact they said 7pm when IU loses again.
Purdue fans not interested at all in the outcome of an IU game? It must have been while IU was winning. I imagine they ultimately slept well, especially when adding that PU basketball won in OT at the same time.

On vacation in Florida.

Do you really follow the program at all? Well at least you were in good company. OSU who choked their game and Purdue who....well....always chokes in everything.

Copper Bowl - did you not watch the game last night? They showed highlights from that particular game and made a big deal about the winless drought of 28 years (and now, still counting).
I was there. It was total domination by IU, like the Liberty Bowl a few years before. The only bowl I can remember getting beaten soundly was the Independence Bowl, I think in 1993.

I was there. It was total domination by IU, like the Liberty Bowl a few years before. The only bowl I can remember getting beaten soundly was the Independence Bowl, I think in 1993.
My last bowl game attended was the 1987 Peach Bowl. Here again, Tenn came from behind to defeat IU 27-21 (Reggie Cobb’s 9 yd run). Likewise, it was a very disheartening game for Hoosier faithful.

On vacation in Florida.

I never understood this mentality.. I watch every big ten game I can make time for.. its amazing how accurate you are in your expectations each year when you’ve actually watched a lot of big ten ball the previous year.

I never understood this mentality.. I watch every big ten game I can make time for.. its amazing how accurate you are in your expectations each year when you’ve actually watched a lot of big ten ball the previous year.

This guy only casually follows the football team. He says that the “real football” is the kind that you kick around and into a net.

I don’t mind soccer but it’s his gig.
Ironically, the soccer team has choked in the last two tournaments itself. Not like the old days of Jerry Yeagley.

I will make a couple observations about the Gator Bowl:
Great atmosphere inside the stadium but the stadium itself is substandard for an NFL stadium. The area surrounding the stadium was pretty janky. Looked a bit run down.

The whole Gator Bowl, make no mistake, is setup to pay homage to the SEC. They send teams there repeatedly, so it’s their home away from home.

This guy only casually follows the football team. He says that the “real football” is the kind that you kick around and into a net.

I don’t mind soccer but it’s his gig.
Ironically, the soccer team has choked in the last two tournaments itself. Not like the old days of Jerry Yeagley.

I will make a couple observations about the Gator Bowl:
Great atmosphere inside the stadium but the stadium itself is substandard for an NFL stadium. The area surrounding the stadium was pretty janky. Looked a bit run down.

The whole Gator Bowl, make no mistake, is setup to pay homage to the SEC. They send teams there repeatedly, so it’s their home away from home.

I thought you guys represented the big ten nicely. I enjoyed the game and was hoping for an IU win. Would have improved recruiting in the upper south for all of us

And to clarify I was talking about the mentality f the posters family who didn’t want to watch the game because they were Purdue and Ohio State fans not the poster himself

Last edited:
I thought you guys represented the big ten nicely. I enjoyed the game and was hoping for an IU win. Would have improved recruiting in the upper south for all of us

And to clarify I was talking about the mentality f the posters family who didn’t want to watch the game because they were Purdue and Ohio State fans not the poster himself

I get it.
Many fans in this conference live within their own team bubble. They don’t watch other teams. That said, I don’t know how even a casual fan could go to somebody’s house and only catch 10 minutes of their own game.

Geez....I watched more of the Idaho Potato Bowl with two teams I hadn’t seen play all year than ufo33 did of his own school.

I get it.
Many fans in this conference live within their own team bubble. They don’t watch other teams. That said, I don’t know how even a casual fan could go to somebody’s house and only catch 10 minutes of their own game.

Geez....I watched more of the Idaho Potato Bowl with two teams I hadn’t seen play all year than ufo33 did of his own school.
Yeah I don’t get it either ...

I haven’t missed a Purdue game since attending in 98. Wouldn’t care if we were 0-11 and I was predicting a blowout win for Indiana in the bucket. My girlfriend even knows not to do something stupid like let a close relative get engaged to be married on a college football Saturday. Not even a Purdue bye because ok bye weeks I genuinely enjoy watching the other big ten schools.

It wouldn’t matter if my school was IU, Tennessee or Texas State. I would watch the game alone or in the company of non antagonistic fans. Everyone else get the F out.

What I really don’t get is.. I was there only for Brees’ years. We had 7 kids in my frat from the south bend area who rooted for Notre Dame.

Can you imagine if you were at IU this year and a bunch of nimrods were rooting for ND and against Indiana in football??

ADVERTISEMENT