ADVERTISEMENT

When I saw the title of the Newstand article: "Asst has the chance to be a recruiting force"

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
I assumed they were talking about Schilling with his IN and in-state connections; or maybe it was Bruiser Flynt with his HC and east coast experience. But no, it was the 3rd AC, Ostrom! I think Miller has put together a very strong staff on the recruiting front. Anxious to see if it bears fruit!

The other day, I overheard Ostrom, apparently rehearsing a recruiting pitch. It went like this:

Romeo! O Romeo! Wherefore goeth thou, Romeo? Deny that craven Cardinal and refuse its scarlet ways. Or, if thou wilt, my recruit, be sworn to us and they will not longer be Louisvillian.

Tis but their name that is our enemy. Thou art Hoosier and not Cardinal. What's Cardinal? It is not layup nor a trey nor chest pass nor bounce pass nor any other part belonging to the game. O! Be with the Hoosier name! That which we call a jump shot would by any other name arc just sweet. So Romeo would were he not Romeo called.

Retain that dear perfection which he owns. Come with me to the ton of Blooming and don thy cream and crimson gear! Drain the trey better than our leader doth drain his swamp and causeth our families to hang a sixth banner in the Hall of the Assembly.

The other day, I overheard Ostrom, apparently rehearsing a recruiting pitch. It went like this:

Romeo! O Romeo! Wherefore goeth thou, Romeo? Deny that craven Cardinal and refuse its scarlet ways. Or, if thou wilt, my recruit, be sworn to us and they will not longer be Louisvillian.

Tis but their name that is our enemy. Thou art Hoosier and not Cardinal. What's Cardinal? It is not layup nor a trey nor chest pass nor bounce pass nor any other part belonging to the game. O! Be with the Hoosier name! That which we call a jump shot would by any other name arc just sweet. So Romeo would were he not Romeo called.

Retain that dear perfection which he owns. Come with me to the ton of Blooming and don thy cream and crimson gear! Drain the trey better than our leader doth drain his swamp and causeth our families to hang a sixth banner in the Hall of the Assembly.

Proves my theory that Shakespeare would have been an IU basketball fan:D
/
If you could set that to whatever type of music the 17 year old generation likes these days you might really be on to something! :D ///(Fossil who still likes the Eagles, etc... at this end)///

I assumed they were talking about Schilling with his IN and in-state connections; or maybe it was Bruiser Flynt with his HC and east coast experience. But no, it was the 3rd AC, Ostrom! I think Miller has put together a very strong staff on the recruiting front. Anxious to see if it bears fruit!
It's funny that we (myself included) keep thinking of Ostrom as the third assistant, when, in actuality, he's the first assistant/associate head coach. Shows what name recognition can do for you...

Reactions: kkott

LOL!

Reactions: HillzHoozier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT