ADVERTISEMENT

When I saw Indiana was participating in the Maui this year...

ATLHoosier

Freshman
Dec 20, 2001
I really seriously began to consider doing this trip. Just looked at the 3 game travel package through the university. I can easily afford it, but I see that packages are awarded based on something called the "IU Athletics Priority Point Policy." Appears that unless I've given a whole shit load of money to the university, I'm basically out of luck.

Kind of ridiculous.

I really seriously began to consider doing this trip. Just looked at the 3 game travel package through the university. I can easily afford it, but I see that packages are awarded based on something called the "IU Athletics Priority Point Policy." Appears that unless I've given a whole shit load of money to the university, I'm basically out of luck.

Kind of ridiculous.
Or you could ask a season ticket holder to order for you...
I may know a guy who might...for a small upfront fee...

Kind of ridiculous.
Not ridiculous at all either...

Why should a bandwagon JoeSchmo get to hop on the front of the line over long time loyal annual donors and season ticket holder...thats what the Priority Points system tries to rationalize and reward...

Kind of ridiculous.

That is how it works in the big time guy. And it is the only fair way given IU could sell that tourney out all by themselves.

Reactions: Sassy61

Kind of ridiculous.

You can easily afford the big Hawaii trip but aren’t giving any money to the university? Something don’t smell right.

There are independent travel packages available also. You better order fast as they sell out quickly.

Kind of ridiculous.

Are you unable to buy tickets directly? Like one might to a bowl game? (I ask because I don't know...and I'm not motivated enough to go to the website.)

You can easily afford the big Hawaii trip but aren’t giving any money to the university? Something don’t smell right.

Well I'm a lifelong IU fan and alum...and I could afford such a trip would that I were interested...I'd never give money to IU...be it the institution or the athletic department. I'm sure ATLH has his reasons.

$1,900 ground isn't too bad. includes three games but the one time I went was able to get tix to one other game from a random.

Maybe, like me, he feels that he gave them enough in tuition and fees as a student. I could see some feeling of obligation to make a donation if you got a lot of financial aid and ended up doing well. But if you paid for your degree, why should you owe IU any more?

Maybe, like me, he feels that he gave them enough in tuition and fees as a student. I could see some feeling of obligation to make a donation if you got a lot of financial aid and ended up doing well. But if you paid for your degree, why should you owe IU any more?
Nobody owes the university a donation. Giving is and should be an act of gratitude born of a desire to enhance IU and its students. That said, anyone who does not donate and/or purchase season tickets should not expect to be included in special benefits for donors. Nor should that person expect access ahead or or equal to that of the donors.

I have season tickets for football, volleyball, and baseball. I make a relatively small contribution to the varsity club and school of ed. each year. When I bought tickets to the bowl game in Jax this year I didn't expect better seats than the heavy hitters. But I did have a right to expect better seats than the non-season ticket holders and non-contributors. In my mind, priority points are the perfect way to determine who gets access to limited-access events or perks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT