ADVERTISEMENT

When I look down the long list...

Ordfan v.16.0 destroyed it.
I have to take some of the blame. I made the unwise decision to engage the Tom Allen haters ( fpeaugh and New Ord) and it spiraled downward. Kudos to the mods for pulling some of the more combative replies - including mine - and locking the thread. It was a good decision.

I do apologize to the posters who were involved in a good discussion. You would think at my age I would have enough wisdom to know not to wrestle in the mud with the pigs.

I have to take some of the blame. I made the unwise decision to engage the Tom Allen haters ( fpeaugh and New Ord) and it spiraled downward. Kudos to the mods for pulling some of the more combative replies - including mine - and locking the thread. It was a good decision.

I do apologize to the posters who were involved in a good discussion. You would think at my age I would have enough wisdom to know not to wrestle in the mud with the pigs.
Been there. It’s hard not to, whether it’s a guy on his 16th username who says the exact same things in every post, or a guy like fpeaugh who thinks Indiana football going 5-7 following a 6-6 season is a “trainwreck.” My big thing with him is that he will disappear after wins. It’s one thing to criticize, it’s another to seemingly not even enjoy the game.

But I digress. They’re on ignore. I need to stop slipping and clicking the SHOW IGNORED button.

The obvious problem is we have some here who simply can’t handle a difference of opinion. Particularly if it’s not all rainbows and sunshine. I wish we could just have an adult discussion about differing opinions rather than stooping to insults and name calling. Obviously the interns can’t do this.

The obvious problem is we have some here who simply can’t handle a difference of opinion. Particularly if it’s not all rainbows and sunshine. I wish we could just have an adult discussion about differing opinions rather than stooping to insults and name calling. Obviously the interns can’t do this.
First, it's an IU board with mostly IU fans, so I don't know why favorable comments about the team would be surprising.

Second, it's my impression that there is tolerance for differing opinions here, but the guy others are speaking of is a special case. I don't know that I've ever read a post from him that speaks favorably - - start to finish - - about any issue related to IU football or IU generally. His consistently negative themes (and there are only about five of them which he regularly recycles), coupled with a snarky smugness and "holier than thou" attitude wear thin and are bound to provoke and inflame which, at the end of the day, is probably his sole objective.

There were elements trying to hijack the thread and I had to delete about 8 out of every 10 new posts ... I got tired of it. See oldcouger77 post above.
I think at one point the OP even got mad. Every thread ended the same with that guy. Thread topic off the rails and insults hurled at every opinion but theirs. EZ did the right thing iMO.

Alot of other schools don't have a "free" board. This allows anyone to come here including other fanbases which can be cool but there are always those that ruin things. It's unique for sure.

The ordfan 16 or whatever the number was just needs to be ignored. It reveals itself pretty quickly. You feed it and it grows into this cesspool like the Blob. A new poster will usually tread lightly for awhile before coming in gangbusters.

Reactions: vesuvius13

It's more than just a difference in opinion. When most all comments are negative, that is differing.......................but its also consistently negative. So although you choose to just see it as differing, over time it becomes a trend and that trend becomes a trait. I am honest about Archie but I also have a lot of compliments and great expectations. Anytime I am critical, you are on my side. Any time I'm not, you are against me. Once someone has the trait of always being negative, people will begin to disregard the comments. Mix it up a little so it doesn't come off as PU fan-ish......

As accurate a post as you’ll ever see here. Well done.

It's more than just a difference in opinion. When most all comments are negative, that is differing.......................but its also consistently negative. So although you choose to just see it as differing, over time it becomes a trend and that trend becomes a trait. I am honest about Archie but I also have a lot of compliments and great expectations. Anytime I am critical, you are on my side. Any time I'm not, you are against me. Once someone has the trait of always being negative, people will begin to disregard the comments. Mix it up a little so it doesn't come off as PU fan-ish......
I’ve been very complimentary of Archie since he was hired. I like the guy. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to say this year was a success. This year was a down year and a disappointment. But I still believe in Archie. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Reactions: IUgradman

Ord is easy to spot. He is here not to talk sports but to start arguments and attack people. He has proven that time and again. He has done irreparable damage to this forum.

In your case you are correct and I Appreciate your opinions, they make me think about my own sometimes. You are here to talk sports and support Iu by wanting them to be better. We need more like you.

The problem here is the usual suspect who is here only to create havoc, destroy threads and attack people personally. I now know who it is, and it makes sense now.

Reactions: fpeaugh
From my experience on forums once moderators start taking active rolls as judge and jury it is a slippery slope downward.

Agreed, which is how GBI got the way it is. They ban IU posters almost immediately but allow some really ugly personal anti IU stuff to remain (abugabby, Twindegrees among others).

This forum doesn't need censorship of debate or contrarian opinion ( we need more of it) it simply needs to exterminate the pure trolls that do nothing but come here to attack and trash threads. The damage that Ord and his many post ban usernames has done here many never be repaired.

Reactions: UncleMark and RBB89
I’ve been very complimentary of Archie since he was hired. I like the guy. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to say this year was a success. This year was a down year and a disappointment. But I still believe in Archie. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

No, we agree there. I assure you. That's the part that we do agree on. I think the part about you complimenting Archie is on such a smaller scale in comparison that most don't see it. Spending a little more time on that end might lend you more credence with some.

No, we agree there. I assure you. That's the part that we do agree on. I think the part about you complimenting Archie is on such a smaller scale in comparison that most don't see it. Spending a little more time on that end might lend you more credence with some.

I also I think there is a difference between fpeaugh and the poster that shall not be named (because there are too many names to list)

fpeaugh while perhaps generally negative, typically frames things as “I think that...” and at least initially is not there simply to contradict another poster which leaves room for debate and indicates the statement as an opinion.

The other poster only ever appears say “you’re wrong” which essentially invites the combative tone and name calling and the inevitable downward spiral of the thread.

I also think the many peoples defensiveness/annoyance about that one poster will sometimes get carried over and taken out on fpeaugh.

I missed out on what led to the other thread being locked and whatever got deleted, so I don't know what went on other than what is still showing. I wanted to respond back to MTIOTF but now I can't. I sense there's some people who dislike certain others, and their views, and have little tolerance for debate or some sort of cross examination to create a worthy discussion. This is a sports forum, and a lot of topics can be seen from different angles that differ from someone's view. Neither side might be wrong but both can still be right. Just look at all the shows such as Undisputed and First Take.

I'm all for freedom speech and don't mind a contrarian view as it keeps things fair and balanced. If we all wanted to be tossing confetti for every headline on IU, then it would get quickly stale in here. I do appreciate witty and sarcastic replies at times for some comic relief. But without naming anyone, some of the people doing the complaining, are as guilty as what they are finger pointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Block charge large
EZ's explanation was good enough for me. All I tried to do was have an adult open expression of feelings. Why cant some tolerate others? Maybe their believes are too fragile...perhaps. So be it...why even post here...

Reactions: Block charge large
One last comment on supposed "fan" sites. Never seen one...only bitching sites. What makes this place any different?

And how is that "fan only" thing working out boys?? Lets see...used to be hundreds of posters here every day...well on Peegs original, before the breakup...now a couple of dozen...maybe. Must less on a regular basis. Guess it wasn't what the "majority" wanted. Wonder who ran them off?

But of course I suspect its what a few "fans" here wanted anyway.

I am as much an IU FB fan as any so called holier than thou bigmouths around here. I support with my money and my time. I am a graduate. How many of you are that? Who is anyone here to cast doubt on mine or anyones passion for IU FB?

Man I'm getting old. I thought this crap was childish 20 years ago...it didn't get any more mature that's for sure.

From my experience on forums once moderators start taking active rolls as judge and jury it is a slippery slope downward.
You’ll notice that pretty much the only thing even being moderated here over the past several months is one guy who continues to come back after being banned. Other than that, what are you talking about? Specifically.

You’ll notice that pretty much the only thing even being moderated here over the past several months is one guy who continues to come back after being banned. Other than that, what are you talking about? Specifically.
Oh good lord...what are you talking about? You obviously haven't been around long enough...geeeesh...go home.

Sorry IUCol, I wasn't implicating you in any way. I edited it to not confuse anyone. And yes, your thread was for full disclosure for each individual's outlook. I appreciate threads like that.

Last edited:
I also I think there is a difference between fpeaugh and the poster that shall not be named (because there are too many names to list)

fpeaugh while perhaps generally negative, typically frames things as “I think that...” and at least initially is not there simply to contradict another poster which leaves room for debate and indicates the statement as an opinion.

The other poster only ever appears say “you’re wrong” which essentially invites the combative tone and name calling and the inevitable downward spiral of the thread.

I also think the many peoples defensiveness/annoyance about that one poster will sometimes get carried over and taken out on fpeaugh.
Yes. I don’t care at all for fpeaugh’s posts, so I ignored him. I don’t think he should be banned or anything. Ord, though, needs to be banned again. It’s always been a rule to not have multiple usernames and he destroys every conversation.

One last comment on supposed "fan" sites. Never seen one...only bitching sites. What makes this place any different?

And how is that "fan only" thing working out boys?? Lets see...used to be hundreds of posters here every day...well on Peegs original, before the breakup...now a couple of dozen...maybe. Must less on a regular basis. Guess it wasn't what the "majority" wanted. Wonder who ran them off?

But of course I suspect its what a few "fans" here wanted anyway.

I am as much an IU FB fan as any so called holier than thou bigmouths around here. I support with my money and my time. I am a graduate. How many of you are that? Who is anyone here to cast doubt on mine or anyones passion for IU FB?

Man I'm getting old. I thought this crap was childish 20 years ago...it didn't get any more mature that's for sure.
The premium FB board is more active and people, in general, have moved to twitter and other social media for discussions they used to have on message boards.

Oh good lord...what are you talking about? You obviously haven't been around long enough...geeeesh...go home.
Dude, I have been posting here for like 12 years. I’m aware of how heavily moderated this used to be. Notice I said “the last several months” or even back to when the ownership changed. What other moderation issues have there been other than Ordfan and his 39 handles?

Edit: I’ve been a member since 2002.

Ord is easy to spot. He is here not to talk sports but to start arguments and attack people. He has proven that time and again. He has done irreparable damage to this forum.
Ord was a Peegs favorite. He was never called on it and got away with his childishness under that regime, which were a bunch of Columbus spoiled brats.

the Ramsey is no good because he can't throw it 70 yds on a rope thing was pretty played out, and those playing it out weren't ever going to let go. EVER!.

this is the internet. not everyone who posts here is pro IU, i don't care if their user name is "Biggest IU Football Fan In History", or not.

others may think of themselves as IU fans, but if all they do is rag on players, that gets old fast too..

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT