ADVERTISEMENT

When does the Big Ten put in the "Fix" and find a Way to overturn the 6 game rule ?

Crossblock

Junior
Jan 8, 2019
Well Conspiracy theorists, after the way the Big Ten has treated us over the Years, how do they find a Way to void the 6 Game Rule to assure that Ohio State has the opportunity to play in the Conference Championship Game and have the opportunity to play for the National Championship. There is too much Money at stake for them to let it go. Will they approach it directly and re-vote, or will the Commissioner pull a Dean Vernon Wormer and find a long ignored provision in the Conference Charter that allows him to overturn the Rule? Stay tuned. It's coming.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Well Conspiracy theorists, after the way the Big Ten has treated us over the Years, how do they find a Way to void the 6 Game Rule to assure that Ohio State has the opportunity to play in the Conference Championship Game and have the opportunity to play for the National Championship. There is too much Money at stake for them to let it go. Will they approach it directly and re-vote, or will the Commissioner pull a Dean Vernon Wormer and find a long ignored provision in the Conference Charter that allows him to overturn the Rule? Stay tuned. It's coming.
Won’t be necessary,they will play their last 2 games come hell or high water.
If we can somehow win out,which seems unlikely now,we could end up in one of the top 6 bowl games.But we want no part of Clemson and Alabama.

With a depleted team, would be the ultimate F.U. from the Football gods if they lost to UM, but maybe the more realistic loss could be to MSU next week if they are truly down some legit players on their starting Off or Def. Again, probably unlikely but in a CV IU year, anything is possible!

Reactions: vesuvius13
I, too, put that out as a real possibility on OSU about league office "re-writing" the rule to include them if only 5 games played. They already likely lost one marquee team in Wisconsin after their NU loss. An IU/NU championship game would be great for us, but the league would frown on it. Now they wouldn't publicly acknowledge it, but that's why it would happen and everyone would know it.

If we can somehow win out,which seems unlikely now,we could end up in one of the top 6 bowl games.But we want no part of Clemson and Alabama.

Why does it seem unlikely that we can win out?

Agreed ..Bama ..Clemson that's a 28 point plus loss.

Reactions: CC Mac
Would anyone really be surprised if Harbaugh (on his way out the door) decided his whole team had rona thereby getting the last and final laugh at OSU?
I thought of that too. Flip the Fickle Finger of Fate (Middle Finger) at Ohio State while you ride off into the Sunset with Saddlebags full of Buyout Money while OSU shows it's Digital Skills by flipping the Bird and telling him."This is for you and the Horse you are riding out on."

Reactions: mk23 and 76-1
I thought of that too. Flip the Fickle Finger of Fate (Middle Finger) at Ohio State while you ride off into the Sunset with Saddlebags full of Buyout Money while OSU shows it's Digital Skills by flipping the Bird and telling him."This is for you and the Horse you are riding out on."

While Harbaugh might, University of Michigan would never allow that to happen. Closer to home IU must win 1 of the next 2 to be in position to play in the B1G Championship game regardless of what malady might befall The O$U.

While Harbaugh might, University of Michigan would never allow that to happen. Closer to home IU must win 1 of the next 2 to be in position to play in the B1G Championship game regardless of what malady might befall The O$U.
Unless Maryland loses at Michigan, at home to Rutgers, or has a cancellation.

All 6 of our games have been East games. OSU has played 3 in the East. I don’t think games against the West figure into B1G championship, we have 2 cross over games remaining. Outside the national stuff if OSU can’t go both games we rep the East. Do I have that right? Thx in advance for clarifying.

All 6 of our games have been East games. OSU has played 3 in the East. I don’t think games against the West figure into B1G championship, we have 2 cross over games remaining. Outside the national stuff if OSU can’t go both games we rep the East. Do I have that right? Thx in advance for clarifying.
I think divisional games only count for the standings is if there is a tie for 1st in the division.

All conference wins count toward the division standing, unless there is a tie, I believe.

If either of Ohio State's next two games are canceled because of covid-19 and Indiana loses both of their remaining games I think the Hoosiers are still in the championship game. 😷

One road game thus far for Ohio St. and that was against a beaten down Penn St.

If Ohio St. cancels their road trip to Sparty this week, they'll end the regular season with that single road contest.

They are obviously dodging and scared of tough road challenges, and with their weak crossover schedule, it's gonna cost them this season. jmo

One road game thus far for Ohio St. and that was against a beaten down Penn St.

If Ohio St. cancels their road trip to Sparty this week, they'll end the regular season with that single road contest.

They are obviously dodging and scared of tough road challenges, and with their weak crossover schedule, it's gonna cost them this season. jmo

Yes because Ohio State is afraid to play tough road games lmao! Are you serious? Drugs maybe? I will assure you they are not afraid of road games. I will leave you with this.

Tom Withers

@twithersAP

Ohio State ties @AP_Top25 record with 10 straight road wins against ranked opponent.
11:19 PM · Oct 31, 2020

20 people are Tweeting about this

• Wow
Reactions: UndefeatedSeason
Yes because Ohio State is afraid to play tough road games lmao! Are you serious? Drugs maybe? I will assure you they are not afraid of road games. I will leave you with this.

Tom Withers
@twithersAP

Ohio State ties @AP_Top25 record with 10 straight road wins against ranked opponent.
11:19 PM · Oct 31, 2020
20 people are Tweeting about this

A friend of mine was telling me about the St. Henry Stag. He went with a friend of his from college who was from St. Henry and is cousins with Bob Hoying and Todd Boeckman (I think) Anyway, he talked about all of the ex OSU football players that were there. Mostly Mike Vrable and the amount of beer he, Fickell and Matt Finkes put away. It sounds like a good time. I don’t mean to hi jack the thread, I just saw your name and remembered that story.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
It looks like it's coming. Alvarez saying they'll have to "revisit" the 6 game rule of osu cancels again.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
At this point I would not be surprised if Jim Harborough's Wolverines throw in the towel and cancel their game against Ohio State.

Either way I think Ohio State will be in the championship game. The Big Ten has already cancelled the season and then changed their mind. These covid-19 rules have been written on a chalkboard.

A friend of mine was telling me about the St. Henry Stag. He went with a friend of his from college who was from St. Henry and is cousins with Bob Hoying and Todd Boeckman (I think) Anyway, he talked about all of the ex OSU football players that were there. Mostly Mike Vrable and the amount of beer he, Fickell and Matt Finkes put away. It sounds like a good time. I don’t mean to hi jack the thread, I just saw your name and remembered that story.

Cool story. Those are good guys. Thanks for sharing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT