ADVERTISEMENT

When do you guys think Faucci will be fired?

Just an innocent question. To be honest, I am surprised that he still has the job.
I actually doubt it. The fallout would be too much. Look for Azar to get the ax before Fauci. Long before.

Not sure if it's going to happen, but I'm seeing that they may stop doing the briefings altogether. Evidently if Trump can't be the headliner, they won't have a show. That removes Fauci from the limelight. Only thing left to do is keep him off the TV interview shows. That will accomplish everything a firing would, at least in Trump's eyes. Actually doing his job well has no bearing on it. It's all about the perception and the politics.

I actually doubt it. The fallout would be too much. Look for Azar to get the ax before Fauci. Long before.

Not sure if it's going to happen, but I'm seeing that they may stop doing the briefings altogether. Evidently if Trump can't be the headliner, they won't have a show. That removes Fauci from the limelight. Only thing left to do is keep him off the TV interview shows. That will accomplish everything a firing would, at least in Trump's eyes. Actually doing his job well has no bearing on it. It's all about the perception and the politics.
Axing Azar will be the avenue for axing Fauci . . . Azar goes, the replacement wants to pick his/her own team . . . easy to make the fallout go away by hitting the reset button up the chain of command.

Axing Azar will be the avenue for axing Fauci . . . Azar goes, the replacement wants to pick his/her own team . . . easy to make the fallout go away by hitting the reset button up the chain of command.
Perhaps.

Fauci has done his level best to avoid making Trump look bad. Azar saw Trump was setting him up for the fall and put out an alternative narrative that directly contradicted Trump's and made Trump out to be willfully oblivious. That's the simplest calculus I think anyone can apply. Anything more complicated presumes there's some actual thought and planning involved. I'm not willing to make that presumption.

No one is safe from Trump if he gets pissed off for whatever reason. If Trump perceives any kind of threat, real or imagined, it's curtains.

Just an innocent question. To be honest, I am surprised that he still has the job.
Shirley you know why Fauci has his position? He is just a figure head. He is one the LEFTs favorite doctors! He is under Tumpies control and you people won’t say anything :p

I think Trump would rather sideline Fauci than fire him. If Trump fired Fauci it would free him up to go from news show to news show blasting Trump’s monumental failure in responding to this pandemic.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Why on earth do they want him to testify NOW? Smack dab in the middle of the pandemic?
No shit. He could be doing press briefings and making appearances on the Sunday morning interview shows and other important things.

And if they fired Fauci the press would ask Birx what her thoughts are and she would say that it was not her job to be involved in politics.

That’s a good thing. The Democrats want to weaponize the very people who we must rely on. That’s idiotic. There is plenty of time for after action investigations later. I’d be in favor of a commission similar to the Kennedy commission and keep politics out of it.
So, let’s continue to screw it up for the next year, then do a post mortum on how we screwed it up rather than figure out now how we’re screwing it up so we can fix it.

So, let’s continue to screw it up for the next year, then do a post mortum on how we screwed it up rather than figure out now how we’re screwing it up so we can fix it.
This is nothing more than the House wanting to be kept in the loop about how all the billions they've handed over are being used. It's called oversight. It wasn't going to be an adversarial, investigative type hearing. Trump doesn't want him there for one reason -- he doesn't want to give the Dems the publicity they would be getting by having Fauci (try to) explain the administration's actions thus far.

What ongoing screw up? The ones the media wish are happening? The fact is Trump appointed the task force in January and Fauci publicly said more than once that the administration followed all its recommendations.

This is nothing more than the House wanting to be kept in the loop about how all the billions they've handed over are being used. It's called oversight. It wasn't going to be an adversarial, investigative type hearing. Trump doesn't want him there for one reason -- he doesn't want to give the Dems the publicity they would be getting by having Fauci (try to) explain the administration's actions thus far.

Spending appropriated funds is fair oversight. Fauci has nothing to do with it.

I think I just heard them say that Fauci will now testify on May 12th, rather than this coming week.

Correction: He'll be allowed to testify before the Senate on the 12th.

The House can pound sand.

Last edited:
Thread hijack but was checking your profile with Co Hoosier's above you and you two have been barking at each other and otherwise for almost 20 years. pretty amazing thing.
I've been on this website that long, but only landed in this forum about five years ago. COH was full of shit when I got here.

Can anyone say one thing Dr.Fauci has been right about since this virus has started?

I've been on this website that long, but only landed in this forum about five years ago. COH was full of shit when I got here.
In my "Political Leanings spread sheet," COH used to be in the "conscientious and articulate conservative" column, until Trump became the president.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT