ADVERTISEMENT

What's our outlook if Wisconsin wins?

Everyone said it would be beneficial for Indiana

It helps tremendously. Only way we get to Florida is if 3 Big 10 teams make New Years 6 bowls which happens with a Wisky win.

If WIsconsin as #8 kicks the shit out of the year long #1 team, why wouldn’t it be in the top 4?
Because when Duke gets beat by 3 loss UNC in the ACC conference title game and earns their first loss of the season they don’t lose their #1 seed in the tourney. Same concept.

If WIsconsin as #8 kicks the shit out of the year long #1 team, why wouldn’t it be in the top 4? And why wouldn’t O$U fall out of the top 4? It SHOULD.
Most likely OSU with one loss would still be in over 2 loss Wisconsin. Although they might fall to 4th.

If WIsconsin as #8 kicks the shit out of the year long #1 team, why wouldn’t it be in the top 4? And why wouldn’t O$U fall out of the top 4? It SHOULD.
Why would a 1 loss Ohio State team be out of the top 4? One loss, in a conference championship game, against a top 10 team that you've already beaten by 31 points this season should make you drop from #1 to somewhere completely outside of the playoff? Get a grip.

Wisconsin lost to Illinois. They're not getting in.

If WIsconsin kicks the crap out of Ohio state they have to be ranked ahead of Ohio state. Period. They’ve played before, two top ten teams, it’s the conference championship, all the money is on the table, on national TV in prime time at a neutral site.

Otherwise, what is the point of rankings?

Last edited:
If WIsconsin kicks the crap out of Ohio state they have to be ranked ahead of Ohio state. Period. They’ve played before, it’s the conference championship, all the money is on the table, on national TV in prime time.

Interesting point, good point, too

Reactions: BayernFan
If WIsconsin kicks the crap out of Ohio state they have to be ranked ahead of Ohio state. Period. They’ve played before, it’s the conference championship, all the money is on the table, on national TV in prime time.

TV ratings.

I have Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl regardless of if they win or lose. How can you move Penn St ahead of the Badgers if they lose to Ohio St in the Conference Championship game? But a lot of people seem to think Wisconsin needs to at least be competitive to stay in the Rose Bowl. (Obviously they definitely have been and then some.)

The question is who will the Cotton Bowl take to play Memphis? I am fairly certain at this point the choices will be Utah (11-2), Penn State (10-2) and Auburn (9-3).

Utah has one more win than Penn St and there second loss was in the Pac-12 Title game. Penn St has better wins than Utah and the teams they lost to are more highly ranked too. And then you have Auburn with three losses but they are SEC losses so they are sorta like wins.

My concern is that Auburn and Memphis in Dallas will be too tempting to pass up and Auburn will find a way to get into the New Year's Six even though they have three losses. If Penn St is going to get snubbed I would rather it be to Utah.

I know I am repeating myself but I'm on my soap box dadgummit.

Reactions: DANC
Don't worry about it. It ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: 76-1
Common folks, not liking Ohio St isn't reason to throw reason out the window. They have been the best team in the country all year. The only other team with an argument is LSU. If Wisconsin pulls this off (they are now down two possessions) Ohio St is still in the Playoff. Period. I mean it's not even a discussion. If Wisconsin wins they might move up to No. 5 but there's no way they get past Oklahoma. The decision is based on the entire year, not one game.

I have Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl regardless of if they win or lose. How can you move Penn St ahead of the Badgers if they lose to Ohio St in the Conference Championship game? But a lot of people seem to think Wisconsin needs to at least be competitive to stay in the Rose Bowl. (Obviously they definitely have been and then some.)

The question is who will the Cotton Bowl take to play Memphis? I am fairly certain at this point the choices will be Utah (11-2), Penn State (10-2) and Auburn (9-3).

Utah has one more win than Penn St and there second loss was in the Pac-12 Title game. Penn St has better wins than Utah and the teams they lost to are more highly ranked too. And then you have Auburn with three losses but they are SEC losses so they are sorta like wins.

My concern is that Auburn and Memphis in Dallas will be too tempting to pass up and Auburn will find a way to get into the New Year's Six even though they have three losses. If Penn St is going to get snubbed I would rather it be to Utah.

Let bama deal with Penn State. They will give them all they can handle. Let Minny play auburn. Let Michi play florida. Good luck sec with that!

Pretty much all the sites (even Jerry Palm) are now projecting IU to the Gator Bowl vs UK.

A Tennessee writer messaged me on Twitter and told me he thinks the Vols are going to Nashville so it could be Kentucky. I think we match up well against both!

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT