ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on with Nancy?

000738490-bostezo-3-1.gif

Troll better.

Can someone explain to me how Pelosi (and apparently some other Democrats) think that impeaching Trump and Barr would somehow derail Trump's plan to ram through a Supreme Court nominee? Do they really think the Senate would drop everything and put Trump on trial (again)? If the Senate has the votes to confirm a SCOTUS nominee they sure as hell aren't going to have enough votes to proceed on an impeachment trial first.

It's akin to an NFL coach trying to derail the opposing quarterback by TP'ing his house the night before the game, thinking he'll be too busy cleaning up and forget to go to the game.

Can someone explain to me how Pelosi (and apparently some other Democrats) think that impeaching Trump and Barr would somehow derail Trump's plan to ram through a Supreme Court nominee? Do they really think the Senate would drop everything and put Trump on trial (again)? If the Senate has the votes to confirm a SCOTUS nominee they sure as hell aren't going to have enough votes to proceed on an impeachment trial first.
I thought I saw/read somewhere that the Senate is obligated to try impeachments ahead of all else. Of course, with Mitch running the show, that wouldn't matter.

I thought I saw/read somewhere that the Senate is obligated to try impeachments ahead of all else. Of course, with Mitch running the show, that wouldn't matter.
I think that's only true once an impeachment trial begins. But even if true that's merely per Senate rules - which can be changed by a simple majority vote. Not even Collins or Murkowski would vote to have an impeachment trial prior to an election or of a lame-duck President.

Reactions: 76-1
This guy will fit right in with the GOP...

Tommy Tuberville's answer when asked about the Voting Rights Act...

You know, the thing about the Voting Rights Act it’s, you know ― there’s a lot of different things you can look at it as, you know, who’s it going to help? What direction do we need to go with it? I think it’s important that everything we do we keep secure. We keep an eye on it. It’s run by our government. And it’s run to the, to the point that we, it’s got structure to it. It’s like education. I mean, it’s got to have structure. Now for some reason, we look at things to change, to think we’re gonna make it better, but we better do a lot of work on it before we make a change.”

Good thing he's not running for Senate or anythi...oops. :oops:

You know, the thing about the Voting Rights Act it’s, you know ― there’s a lot of different things you can look at it as, you know, who’s it going to help? What direction do we need to go with it? I think it’s important that everything we do we keep secure. We keep an eye on it. It’s run by our government. And it’s run to the, to the point that we, it’s got structure to it. It’s like education. I mean, it’s got to have structure. Now for some reason, we look at things to change, to think we’re gonna make it better, but we better do a lot of work on it before we make a change.”

I don’t know if he won enough games to get elected...

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

He’s never been the brightest bulb - and that was by football coach standards.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

sounds a lot like Maxine waters

Reactions: 76-1

Tuberville is another Indian firster. That campaign cash tastes sweet.

There is ten minutes of predictable reading time I cannot get back. Everyone lined up nicely and cheered for "their team"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT