ADVERTISEMENT

What's cooking at the staygate tomorrow?

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
I'm smoking baby back ribs with a Kansas City rub and sauce. MrsSope is making taco dip because we have a surfeit of corn chips from last week's taco dip staygate . . . plus we love her taco dip . . . and I'm thinking about grilling some brown sugar pineapple slices for dessert.

Then we might mull some cider . . . or wine . . . or both . . . .

With cooler weather I am making a big pot of Chili and make it spicy to open up peoples heads. I have done this most of the year with good IU football games this year. Unfortunately I limit it to my family coming over due to the COVID19 but we have a good time watching IU's game.

Sope the ribs sound very good but when I want them we have a place here that make them better than any I have had since leaving South Florida. Those BBQs in the swap were the best I have every found but have found some ribs nearly as good in different cities.

With cooler weather I am making a big pot of Chili and make it spicy to open up peoples heads. I have done this most of the year with good IU football games this year. Unfortunately I limit it to my family coming over due to the COVID19 but we have a good time watching IU's game.

Sope the ribs sound very good but when I want them we have a place here that make them better than any I have had since leaving South Florida. Those BBQs in the swap were the best I have every found but have found some ribs nearly as good in different cities.
You sure those were pork ribs? Florida bbqs can cater gator . . . .

I had surgery this week and I have a catheter until Tuesday so I’m going to be in my recliner eating whatever the wife brings me. 😂
You good to play next week?

We might need a QB for the bucket game . . . .

I need to know how you grill the pineapple with brown sugar...sounds like that would go well with a slab of ham on a brioche bun.

I've grilled plain pineapple before, but brown sugar sure would kick it up a notch.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I need to know how you grill the pineapple with brown sugar...sounds like that would go well with a slab of ham on a brioche bun.

I've grilled plain pineapple before, but brown sugar sure would kick it up a notch.
Heah ya go . . . eat it as a separate dish, put it on your ham sammich, put it on a grilled pizza with canadian bacon (or candied bacon, your choice), or dress up a burger with it . . .

Brown sugar: https://heygrillhey.com/grilled-pineapple-with-brown-sugar-and-sea-salt/

Honey: https://www.skinnytaste.com/grilled-pineapple-2-pts/

Reactions: Inigo Montoya
Some awesome choices so far. Good job

Here it will be oysters
Grilled Grouper sammies
shitloads of beer

No dessert cause I am on a diet.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
Just my wife and me. We live in an Apartment style Condo Complex and are not allowed to cookout on our Patios due to restrictions of our Insurance Carrier. Don't get me started, the stupidity of the thought process rates right up there with the COVID Regulations from which Politicians are apparently exempt.

I'm trying a Crockpot Recipe I found for Sausage and Potato casserole. We have had Smoked Sausage in the freezer for a couple months. I bought frozen hash browns. Add Onion, Milk Sour Cream, Cream of Mushroom Soup, shredded Cheese and seasoning and Cook on Low for 6 Hours. I can start it at 1:00 p.m., let it go, and it will be finished by 7:00 P.M. right at the end of the game and I don't have to do anything with it while I watch the Game.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
I'm smoking baby back ribs with a Kansas City rub and sauce. MrsSope is making taco dip because we have a surfeit of corn chips from last week's taco dip staygate . . . plus we love her taco dip . . . and I'm thinking about grilling some brown sugar pineapple slices for dessert.

You talked me into it. Going to fire up the smoker and throw on some ribs, fried potatoes, baked beans, and slaw.

Can't say that I have. If they're newer than the mid 70s, I haven't been paying attention.
Mid 80-s alternative rock. Anyway, they had a song about White Castle. Saw them in concert at the Vogue, when they played that song they brought in bags of White Castle and were tossing them into the crowd. For me, it was a weird mix of laughing hysterically whilst trying not to throw up....

Reactions: UncleMark

Jujeh kabab. marinating overnight in saffron.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Two pounds of sliced Mutton and two pounds of sliced Pork from Old Hickory in Owensboro/Duckburg.
I just looked up Old Hickory on Google and I'm exactly 100 miles from my driveway to their front door. It looks really good, may have to ride up there one weekend once this virus shakes out.

I'm down here in Lyon County.

Crossblock - that sounds great - is it really that easy? Not much of a cook, but I want to try that...

What? No smooth?

Crossblock - that sounds great - is it really that easy? Not much of a cook, but I want to try that...
I have the recipe printout and that is how it reads. If I were semi-computer literate, I would send you a link. I found this on Pinterest, and they must have had 5 different recipes for this. The basics were the same but there were small variations in small ingredients or seasoning. I.m sure if you did a google search, you could find recipes for this from multiple Sources.

I just looked up Old Hickory on Google and I'm exactly 100 miles from my driveway to their front door. It looks really good, may have to ride up there one weekend once this virus shakes out.

I'm down here in Lyon County.
Inmate number? I'm thinking about sending you a care package . . . .

• Haha
Reactions: td75
ADVERTISEMENT