ADVERTISEMENT

What would you guys do?

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
A contractor and his staff have spent the last two days removing our original patio and replacing it with concrete they poured today. Our former patio consisted of blocks and bricks, so there wasn't any concrete they had to remove.

They are returning Wednesday morning to wrap things up. I will be at a customer's office in Brownstown, so my wife will have to deal with them.

I mentioned to her tonight that she needs to point out to them the lawn needs to be cleaned up in various places where have they left large clumps of sand, pieces of concrete, etc.

Aren't they responsible for cleaning up their mess?

A contractor and his staff have spent the last two days removing our original patio and replacing it with concrete they poured today. Our former patio consisted of blocks and bricks, so there wasn't any concrete they had to remove.

They are returning Wednesday morning to wrap things up. I will be at a customer's office in Brownstown, so my wife will have to deal with them.

I mentioned to her tonight that she needs to point out to them the lawn needs to be cleaned up in various places where have they left large clumps of sand, pieces of concrete, etc.

Clean up is part of the job.

No clean - no pay.

But you should tell the owner before they arrive that if you aren’t satisfied, you’ll whip his ass.

You worried she’s going to give up her back for the Mrs. McNutt discount w you out of town?

Ugh, not post it on the internet.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson

What would I do? I'd not assume the people I'd hired were douchebags, and would be confident my wife could handle things.

If I had that stare, I'd never hesitate to use it.

Reactions: sdhoosier
I worked with a brick laying crew one year when I was 17 and this was our motto. The job wasn’t done until everything was cleaned up.

If it was like the construction crew I worked with for a summer, that especially included the last bowl!

I'd call the person that I dealt with when I chose the company and let him know that they need to clean it up instead of asking my wife to play hard ass with the crew that's in my back yard while she's alone.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT