ADVERTISEMENT

What will happen in the next two weeks?

I understand this, but if IU can‘t get a better coach than Miller has been, i don’t see how waiting a year is going to make a difference. I doubt Stevens or someone like that is going to say....give me one more year. And keeping Miller can do more harm in terms of recruiting, fan support, etc.

Unless IU wins the BTT, Miller’s gotta go.
Save the $7M and give it as a signing bonus to the next guy...

Save the $7M and give it as a signing bonus to the next guy...
If we can’t get a good coach this year, who would want to come here after the toxic season it’ll be if Miller is still coach?

This is an easy, no brainer decision to fire Miller.

TJD will enter the portal sometime in the next two weeks. Kid doesn't look happy on the court.

One of the recruits who just announced for IU a couple weeks ago said a factor that influenced his decision pro-IU was that the players he met with like Miller.

We could give the players' opinions some credence, or I suppose we could all just believe the message boards and say the players must be wrong.
Of course the players like Archie, he doesn't hold them accountable. He doesn't challenge them to be their best. They can cruise along in mediocrity.

If we can’t get a good coach this year, who would want to come here after the toxic season it’ll be if Miller is still coach?

This. They cannot tie the IU brand to a surefire, embarrassing, dead-man-walking routine. You have to salvage what’s left of the program’s symbolism, meaning, attractiveness, pride... and cut bait. Risking further erosion of the program’s principles would be realllllly short-sighted and just plain bad for business.

Reactions: shooter1977
Personally I am not really sold on what options at coach we can get right now. Coach Miller is not reaching expectations but at this point unless we can land someone like Stevens I am still seeing what Coach Miller does next year rather than throwing away millions of dollars for another unknown commodity.

Is it your money? And don’t say taxes...

I just have zero faith in the IU admin ability to hire the right coach outside of some obvious choices...

Reactions: IUgradman
One of the recruits who just announced for IU a couple weeks ago said a factor that influenced his decision pro-IU was that the players he met with like Miller.

We could give the players' opinions some credence, or I suppose we could all just believe the message boards and say the players must be wrong.
First I meant to say more will stay than transfer. Really bad typo error. Sorry.
Second I agree we should listen to the players about Archie.

If the administration brings him back they will have to fire him in a year when the program is no better. They would just be delaying the inevitable.
The problem with allowing him to Coach next year and fire him then is that you will screw up your recruiting for several years. If he Coaches next year, he will have two more years on his Contract. As he recruits guys into 2023 and 2024, they will be wondering whether he will be there by the time they enroll. If the kids aren't thinking it already, I'm sure opposing Coaches will point that out.
Next year doesn't look like it will be special. Take the hit now, hire another Coach, and you will have stability for recruiting longer term.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT